Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
I love the gamecubes controllers. If i have a choice between getting a game on the ps2 or the gamecube i'll usually pick the one for GC. Unfortunately a lot of my favorites are PS2 exclusive.

Joel Falkenberg
T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
mine reads cd's and not dvd's...wanna trade??

Originally posted by proliphik:
my ps2 won't read cd's, i'm upset

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
I
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I
I've actually read into it a little bit more

sounds like its possible but something that 99% of people will never do (not now anyway)...alot of people seem to be getting banned though

i want a modded x box so bad...but $300-$500 bucks?

IonNinja 2005 Saturn ION-2 Sedan 1996 Ford Contour GL - Collecting dust...Zetec project anyone?
T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
dude, the xbox chips are like $50, and brainless to install. The hardest part is probably flashing the chip, but it's not THAT difficult.

But yeah, that's what i read, alot of people were getting banned. You can change the serial number on your xbox after they ban you but still...either way you have to disable the chip to avoid getting banned. I guess with all the bootlegs i'd have it'd be fair to buy one or two legit online games.

NAH!

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
I still like my PS2, wish I could justify getting the new slimmer model but oh well. I also have a gamecube which was mainly purchased for Rogue Squadron and Mario Bros. But is mainly used so I can play my GBA on my TV! PS2 is hands down the better console in comparson with the Cube. Xbox vs PS2 is a matter of taste adn what games you want. I personally love the PS2 controller and can't stand the Xbox. We'll see what the coming year has for the Sony vs Xbox genre, if Xbox(2) is that much better maybe it'll get sony however Rember that Dreamcast came out 6 months ahead of the PS2 and Xbox and look where that got it!

'03 Protege 5 MTX '02 Mazda Protege LX MTX former owner of: 96 Contour GL 2.5 ATX
T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
I really don't think the hardware specs have as much to do with deciding which console is better as they once did. Dreamcast was relatively "weak" compared to the PS2 and xbox, but had some visually stunning games. The Gamecube probably has the worst "on paper" specs of the 3 consoles out now...but just look at games like resident evil 4. Even some of the cutscenes in the resident evil remake were breathtaking! And lets not forget about star wars! Or metroid! The list goes on and on. Game companies like to make their numbers look impressive...Nintendo's GC specs may only say 6 million or so polygons per second, but that is with textures, lighting and various other effects on.

Anyway, it's software nowadays that is more important!

X
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
X
To answer the original post. I just picked up a new smaller PS2 for $149 minus my discount and GTA4 and the whole reason why I bought it in the first place is for GT4! Even if thets the only game ill play on it, it will still be worth it.

Originally posted by Chickens:
Religion can't do much for ashholes (unless you are an alterboy)

98.5 Se w/SVT mods 98 E0 SVT~ sold
C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C

1999 Mystique Sport 2nd owner bought it in Sept 03
120000km 4 door, leather, loaded pics on cardomain, coatsy
B
baco99 Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
B
i already have a PS1, tho.

i think i may be picking up a PS2 from another CEGr!

For Sale: - Sony PSP with a Baseball 2k6 and the movie Crash. $100 - 1973 Karmann Ghia Convertible w/ Auto-Stick. Needs Restoration. $1200 OBO
I
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I
Originally posted by TheGreatOne:
dude, the xbox chips are like $50, and brainless to install.

i don't even know how to solder i have a hard time even saying the word... I wouldn't trust myself to do that personally...

I'd like one that is ready to go at my door step and then go download crazy but I can't justify the price.

IonNinja 2005 Saturn ION-2 Sedan 1996 Ford Contour GL - Collecting dust...Zetec project anyone?
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard