Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by DrGonzo:
Car and Driver, I have been a subscriber since I was in high school, 1987.

Me too. I also got Automobile for 3-4 years, but since '87 I've only missed two months of C&D because I forgot to renew my subscription. I also like BBC Top Gear magazine, and there was a Brit mag called Performance Car that I liked, too, but I'm not sure if it's still produced. Both of those are PRICEY in the US market, though.

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
One thing that really boils my blood is how all the magazines are killing the Peugeot 907 concept supercar. They all say it is hideous, but I think it is gorgeous!

2005 Subaru Legacy | Ban Them Forever
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Classic Driver and Practical Classics are my faves.

For Sale: - Sony PSP with a Baseball 2k6 and the movie Crash. $100 - 1973 Karmann Ghia Convertible w/ Auto-Stick. Needs Restoration. $1200 OBO
E
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
E
(Just a personal observation...)

It seems that the Contour community is much more mature than the Cougar community. (I guess this is to be expected, though.) If I were to post this on FC or TN, I'd bet 90% of the replies would be some of the mags I listed, the so called tuner-mags, where-as here the replies lean more towards the informative mags. Of course, maybe this is why I've been hanging out over here a lot more, less fluff, more info.

E1

1999 Cougar - Supercharged 3L 1992 Talon TSi - AWD Turbo 1992 Eclipse GSX - AWD Turbo
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Kokopellian:
I subscribe to MotorTrend and AutoWeek. I have to say that Auto Week is my favorite. I really like their articles and they seem to have the best scoop on car news and rumors.

Ditto...

"Eagles may soar high, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by EternalOne:
(Just a personal observation...)

It seems that the Contour community is much more mature...

"Eagles may soar high, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
Hands down, Car and Driver is the best. Their editorial insight (as well as wit) is unprecedented. Motor Trend is Cheesy. Automobile's okay, but sometimes it is too artsy. Autoweek is terrible. Pay attention to all the errors they end up having to correct in the back pages every week. Also, WAY too much racing coverage. I've never understood why just because you like cars means you like racing (ie. Nascar, F1). About the only racing worth watching is SuperTouring.

Black 98 SVT E0 SOLD!!!! Looking for E55 Those are SICK
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
SPORT COMPACT CAR

I like the articles about people doing crazy and creative things like putting a Cadilac V8 engine in a VW golf (and still getting 30 mpg). Decent writing and good variety of topics

"Why do we drive on parkways and park on driveways?"
A
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
A
I used to subscribe to Road & Track, but let the subscription expire. I tend to agree w/ svtcarboy: they all suck. too much attention to behemots I would not be interested in, too few truly interesting features.

S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by phattieblacksvt:
Hands down, Car and Driver is the best. Their editorial insight (as well as wit) is unprecedented.

Completely agree. I also love how they describe their driving the vehicle so well you feel like YOU actually drove the car too! like you actually know how that car would feel even though you have only seen a few pictures of them. It's reasons like this that these major magazines have stood the test of time.

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard