Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Originally posted by renatonetmail:
Originally posted by JonnySVT:
i've taken off a few SVT TB TPS's in my day...no problems yet. A simple screw driver does the job, it helps to have one that correctly fits.

I guess non of those had been THIS [bleep]ing tight... serious...i have a set of bits and am using the proper one but those mother[bleep]ers dont want to go loose.. Arghhhh ....i donkt know what to do ....

I feel ya man mine were the same way. I guess some people are just tough guys .

T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
you're not the 1st one with this problem, might wanna do a search to see how others tackled it.

I personally cut a notch into the screw head using a metal saw and then applied a large flat screwdriver.

T.

J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Quote:

I guess some people are just tough guys

Yeah, that's it.

Try a drill with the correct bit in it, that should yield enough torque to break the loc tite.

99 SVTC, T-Red, #652/2760-12.8.1998 Mother#@%@!* did I sound abstract? I hope it sounded more confusin than that!
J
J
I used a pair of vise grips to hold the head of the screw and loosened them with no problem.

Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
well if the tps doesnt work i suggest breaking the old tps off of the tb then you can you a set of pliers to on screw them....i've never found one that comes off that easy

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
I used an impact screwdriver as someone else already mentioned. You can probably find them at Sears or Home Depot.

Here's what one looks like and not a bad price at $9.99: Impact Screwdriver

CEG\'er
CEG\'er
you can also find the impact screwdrivers at Canadian Tire if you live up in this igloo called Canada.

Assault Towers Wakeboard towers and accessories www.assaulttowers.com
R
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by tour96se:
well if the tps doesnt work i suggest breaking the old tps off of the tb then you can you a set of pliers to on screw them....i've never found one that comes off that easy

This was the final and only solution i could find.

TPS replaced

Thanks folks.

___________________________ '95 Contour GL 2.0L (170K) A/T
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard