Next Thread
Print Thread
#1086570 10/25/04 03:21 AM
D
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
I need to know how to fix my horn. is it fixable? maybe it just a loose wire or connection or something. If it cant be fixed easily i'll go to a junkyard i guess. my horn has a wavering noise. its a blunt low buzzing noise now when i use my horn, but it sometimes becomes more high pitched. sometimes it actually sounds normal. it also seems to vary its pitch depending on what area of the horn pad i touch. does this sound like a problem with the pad? im baffled. dont even know where to start

'98.5 Black Ford Contour SE Sport 5-speed. All the SE Sport features with all the 98features that were supposed to be decontented for 98.5 '04 Silver Toyota RAV4 L Auto. Fully loaded.
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
i suppose the horn could have a crack in it or something

since I see in your sig that you have many 98 features do you have two horns or just one? if you have two only one might be having an issue

if not you can go and get a matched set of FIAMM freeway blasters, sounds like stock pre98 horns and install them on your car

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
D
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
as far as i could tell its only one horn. it sounds like either its cracked or has something lodged in it. im thinking maybe something just came loose. it started off with just a slight change in pitch that only i noticed and got much much worse. the horn is low on the drivers side of the car. in front of the wheel, just inside the bumper. i want to remove it and inspect it, but i havent been able to find a big enough window where it was dry outside. my garage is just too tight to work in

'98.5 Black Ford Contour SE Sport 5-speed. All the SE Sport features with all the 98features that were supposed to be decontented for 98.5 '04 Silver Toyota RAV4 L Auto. Fully loaded.
N
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
N
Probably just worn out. The internals are beginning to seize up at times and that creates the warble you hear. They are sealed units and cannot be fixed. (OEM's that is)

Autoparts stores sell a variety of replacments. I used to have a set of air horns, loved them!

"Fear is the little death." Muadib.
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Just replace it, corroded inside.

A
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
A
Eh, the contour isnt very well spoken for... Everytime I use it with my friends in the car they just laugh their asses off at it. if it ever breaks... all I need is one thing, My finger

Last edited by Ali as Jerk; 10/25/04 08:14 PM.

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?
R
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
R
It's broken!

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard