Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#1086190 10/26/04 10:31 PM
B
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
B
SVT? Well I've owned enough to be in the loop I think...

The lightning is GONE and now the Bean Counters at Ford want to pull the plug...the following is a message from SVT Performance.com admin.

I've just gotten some very important but disheartening information. With our economy being in a long-term recession and large corporate downsizing taking place all over America, it seems that the SVT division of Ford may be in trouble.

The information that Iâ??ve gotten is from a very reliable but confidential source. Donâ??t bother asking questions because I canâ??t answer them beyond the information that Iâ??m posting now.

The â??bean countersâ? at Ford have recommended production cease with SVT. It starts with the new Lightning truck. There are rumors flying all over the net that the SVT Lightning is canceled indefinitely. Well, itâ??s not canceled indefinitely but is currently postponed.

But now the new Cobra is also being recommended for production cease. The inside word is that both the new Lightning and new Cobra are finalized and ready for production. But for these Ford â??bean countersâ??, the vehicles would release on time if not ahead of schedule. And both new SVT vehicles (Lightning and Cobra) will be the most technologically advanced and powerful vehicles in the history of Ford (other than the exotics).

Hereâ??s the most important part: the voice of current and potential SVT customers can make a difference amidst this dilemma. I ask that EVERYONE take a few moments to fax a letter to SVT. In the fax, we each need to express our opposition and contention with the postponement of the Lightning and possibly Cobra. If you are a current SVT customer, state that in the letter. It would be good to include your personal information but anonymous faxes are also effective.

Eric N 04 Torch Red Cobra Vert 12.21@ 114.9 mph 02 Sonic Blue SVT Focus 15.1 @ 89.9 mph <for sale> www.lamc.ca
#1086191 10/27/04 03:20 AM
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A

What is Ford thinking? Kill SVT in the middle of the current Performance-crazy market?

Just about every other car company is adding more horsepower and higher performance, and what does Ford do? Throw SVT cars in the dumpster, and then go jack off with new sheep fodder such as the Freestyle/Five-Hundred.

Obviously Ford performance enthusiasts EVERYWHERE (not just SVT owners) need to make some noise. This almost happened with the Mustang back in the 80's remember - and look what happened afterwards If enough noise is made, Ford will realize what a misake they would be making.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard