Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
I helped someone do it on his Contour with the sunroof, wasn't bad at all.

HTH
John

N
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
N
Alright i'm gonna check the price for that. If you can have pix that will be fine.

Nic.

Contour 99 MTX V6 fully loaded, stock with 110000km. Illuminated sunroof switch. About to do the mystique rear dome light conversion with eyeball dome light.
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by Nic_ContourSE99:
Alright i'm gonna check the price for that.

Check the price for WHAT ?? The harness ?? Don't bother , make your own ! The light itself is cheap , wire is cheap , the result is GREAT ! Do it !!

While you're in there ... do the LIGHTED MOONROOF SWITCH MOD . Another cool & quick mod .

~~~~~~~ Phil Black & Tan 2000 SVT Contour #2137 of 2150 35,000 miles & counting !
N
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
N
Y2KMondeoSVT:
Originally posted by Nic_ContourSE99:
Alright i'm gonna check the price for that.

Check the price for WHAT ??

I was talking about the lamp assembly. I already do the lighted moonroof switch.

Nic.

Contour 99 MTX V6 fully loaded, stock with 110000km. Illuminated sunroof switch. About to do the mystique rear dome light conversion with eyeball dome light.
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
heres a pic

N
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
N
Sparker:
heres a pic

Thanks man, is that standard the two buttons on the headliner?

Nic.

H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
Originally posted by Sparker:
heres a pic

what part# is that light? i ordered the mystique light from the how to when i did mine and it doesnt look like that.

Hugo AIM:omegazodiac 95 gl & 99 contour svt #1750/2760 my profile pics stuff for sale
D
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
D
looks like my 96 front light roof assembly thing...

Goonz12: <---tries on mommy's cloths
G
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
G
That's pretty cool! I never even thought to check if the front light assembly would fit back there! I just grabbed the rear light and wiring harness from a junkyard Mystique and put in mine. So is the housing for that unit the same size as the hole in the roof sheetmetal? 'Cause if it is, I might hafta change mine...

And any of you worried about cutting the headliner -- just make sure you start with a small hole below the cutout in the sheetmetal and enlarge it to the edges of the cutout. Don't worry if the cuts aren't perfectly smooth, the light housing will cover the edges of the hole. Just don't get too sloppy! For wire routing, I just ran them from the light, to the driver's side, and then forward along the roof support above the doors, to the A-pillar, and spliced them into wires there like they did on the Mystiques. If you get the stuff from the junkyard, you can even snag the clips they use to secure the wiring to the car. Just be careful removing them, 'cause they're really brittle.

Anyway, you definately won't regret having light back there. It is SO much better!

Marty

98 SVT, Black, No. 786, May 7, 1997. K&N, MSDS, Xcal2, Tint, Antennas, Big Gulp(R)-Sized Cupholder, Rear Dome Lt., Koni/Eibach, DMD, Pre-98 Sails, Brake Cooling Deflectors, Sidemarkers, Etc. 147K+ Miles "Get the Door - It's GrooveNerd!"
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Yea , I never gave thought to the front light being used back there either . It's interesting with the aim-able eyeballs too , although noone sits back there on mine . It's an interesting change though .

~~~~~~~ Phil Black & Tan 2000 SVT Contour #2137 of 2150 35,000 miles & counting !
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard