Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
Bozack Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
condition worth with ~51,000 Miles? car is in good mechanical condition, some minor scrapes on the front bumper, one of the side skirts has a small crack from a bad repair shop, the leather is cracked/scratched in a few places and one rim has a slight amount of rub from a curb...

Just trying to figure out what the value of this car is in case I try to sell, thanks

2000 Black Contour SVT Western/Central Massachusetts
L
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
L

Jason 00 Audi S4, 2.7 Bi-turbo quattro 01 S10 Xtreme, 4.3l 98' Contour SE with some mods 96 Cavalier (beater)
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Black CSVTs are cheaper than the Silver or Red ones, but more expensive than the Green ones.

Ryan Trollin!
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
any blemishes in the finish is a BIG factor in price, at least in my book. Id pay $6,000 for it.

Jim Hahn 1996 T-Red Contour SE Reborn 4/6/04 3.0L swap and Arizona Dyno Chip Turbo Kit 364 whp, 410 wtq @ 4,700 rpm
M
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
Black CSVTs are cheaper than the Silver or Red ones, but more expensive than the Green ones.

whew.... that makes me feel better. the guy i bought mine off of said it was $2K more than book b/c it was silver. i wasn't sure if i should have believed him or not.

02 Mustang GT... Tuned by Nelsons. Low 12's, anyone? .....______ ___|______\_____ |/-\_________/-\_| .\_/...............\_/
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by MxRacerCam:

whew.... that makes me feel better. the guy i bought mine off of said it was $2K more than book b/c it was silver. i wasn't sure if i should have believed him or not.

Thats odd because when i bought mine, i had the choice of a black and silver both 99's. and relatively close miles. The black one was $9000 and the silver is $7000. I said ill take the silver one. he informed me that it is not as good of quality as the black one. WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaa

CEG\'er
CEG\'er
I bought my red one for 23k because the salesman said it was hand painted and very rare....

98svt wrecked 00svt sold 05 GTO m6 my new toy
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W

No way, not true, I don't believe it.

WA 2 TUFF SVT 2000 Tropic Green SVT Born 1/28/2000-1975 out of 2150-only 207 made. Some new pics
R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R
I don't know how many black SVT's they made in '00, but when my Dad wanted a Black SVT in 1998 he couldn't get one. We went to Huntington Ford, one of the largest volume SVT dealers in Metro Detroit, a place where we had previously purchased 9 cars, and they couldn't find us one in 9 states. We took a T-Red one instead. When we went to trade it back in they had two '00 SVT's a T-Red one and a Black one. They wanted 3K more for the black one because it was more "rare" as the salesman put it. So I would say that it is worth more than a silver or red one in similar condition. It is definately worth less than a tropic green with a tan interior SVT because they made so few of those. If you really want to know what it's worth use the Edmunds auto value calculator, it takes into account color when figuring your cars resale value.

S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
whoa, when i saw the title of this thread i thought there was an SVT for sale at a fair somewhere!

when i was doing my SVT hunting out here, i found silver ones to be the most expensive and green to be the cheapest. black may be more rare but i think, for most cars, silver is the popular color of choice right now. green cars have lower resale value now cuz they were so popular in the 90s that there are billion green cars floating around right now. my friend owns a dealership and he enlightened me as to why all the best deals are always green. my wife has had two green cars and is SICK of them now. while looking for good used vehicles that she wants the green ones are always way cheaper, which sucks cuz she refuses to buy another green car.

ps ive read the numbers on production for all the colors of each year but i cant remember where.

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard