Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
This list is just of what i've heard or owned so here we go.

Subs:
1. Boston acoustics (Great SQ)
2. Rockford Fosgate (2004-big SQ improvement over older)
3. Crossfire
4. Sony (Bang for buck)
5. JL Audio

Amps:

1. Rockford Fosgate
2. Crossfire
3. PPI
For amps i find anything past this is a toss up.

Joel Falkenberg
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Subs:
1. Digital Designs
2. Adire Audio
3. Resonant Engineering
4. Eclipse
5. Focal

Amps:
1. MacIntosh
2. Audison
3. Zapco
4. USAmps
5. US Acoustics

Those are just if you have lots and lots of money to go and blow.
As for budget goes:

Subs:
1. Adire Audio
2. Powerbass
3. Kicker
4. Cadence
5. Infinity

Amps:
1. Hifonics
2. Lanzar
3. Profile
4. Alpine
5. Rockford Fosgate

1998 Contour GL 2.0L Zetec Stock as hell for the moment....
S
S
I have had alot stereos and these are the best in my book

Subs.
1.JL (any size or model, you just cannot go wrong)
2.Rockford Fosgate
3.PolkMomo
4.MTX
5.Kicker

Amps.
1.JL
2.Rockford
3.Audiobahn
4.Kenwood
5.Infinity

Now remember I am not saying that everyone will agree. But out of all the systems I have had these are my top 5 choices. But, I also believe a good head unit has alot to do with the way the system will sound. So you should keep that in mind also when you buy.

1995 Contour GL 17" Enkei CDR9 205/40 Toyo tires Intrax Springs CTA Motorsports Intake Pioneer CD Player, 2 12" PolkMomo Subs, and Audiobahn amp Reverse Glo Gauges, and 3" tachometer on dash
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by SpeakerBoxxx:

Subwoofers:
1: Kicker
2: Memphis
3: Rockford Fosgate
4: Audiobahn
5: Sony

Amplifier (Subwoofer):
1: Rockford Fosgate Punch "Old School"
2: JBL
3: Alpine
4: Power Acoustik
5: Sony

Also, I havent owned that many brands, so thats why Sony is #5 on subs because the only thing under it is Boss. #5 on the amp list because only volfenhagen and boss are under it. When I buy some more stuff, they'll move down

1999 SE White AVH-P6500DVD Infinity Reference 6500CS Pioneer 5x7s Punch 360a2 Punch 500a2 Adire Tempest in a custom sealed 3.4cuft box Modded Xbox Still need Midnight Cloth Headrests... and if somebody has fold down rear seats....
S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
i just get whatever Autozone has on sale. That's the same sh*t Jesse James uses, so it HAS to be good, right?

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
No, anything from Autozone= junk. I wouldn't buy a single thing from Autozone in terms of audio equipment. If anyone here actually wants a good system, listen to people who have used/owned/own higher end stuff like Focal, Audison, Cadence, CDT, Peerless, Scan-Speak, Illusion Audio, LPG, Adire Audio, Vifa, Morel, Diamond Audio, SEAS, etc. They can point you towards some good stuff that is in your budget and isn't the standard K-Mart/Wal-Mart/Autozone bullish. And as for any Sony equipment, Sony car audio sucks now, they have sucked since they introduced the Xplod series stuff. Their old Mobile ES was killer stuff, but that was like what, 94? Xplod has made Sony a laughing stock in the mobile audio world. I'm sorry to kill anyone's Sony dreams, but their stuff sucks now.

1998 Contour GL 2.0L Zetec Stock as hell for the moment....
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Originally posted by svt4stv:
i just get whatever Autozone has on sale. That's the same sh*t Jesse James uses, so it HAS to be good, right?

what about audiobahn?? they use that at west coast customs on Pimp my ride!! so that stuff must be good...and its chrome!!!

I agree, sony is crap now other than their higher end head units. I wouldnt get caught dead using their subs or amps. The ES line I believe stopped in '99 after that they went right down the crapper.

2000 SVT Black/Tan #1633/2150 (a few mods) Alpine: CDA-9835, MRV-F540, MRD-M550 PG: TANTRUM-X 6.5 COMP all around. Some people wear Superman pajamas. Superman wears Chuck Norris pajamas. CEL currently: Off
D
I feel Guilty, Oh so guilty
I feel Guilty, Oh so guilty
D
1.) Adire Audio
2.) JL
3.) Aura

Amps

1.) doesn't really matter

"If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit" -Mitch Hedberg
T
Highly Medicated Member
Highly Medicated Member
T
Originally posted by dnewma04:
1.) Adire Audio
2.) JL
3.) Aura

Amps

1.) doesn't really matter

BS Dave. I know you like Audiovox, Kraco and evergreen...

Semper Fi "They've got us surrounded. Poor bastards." -Chesty
G
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
G
I don't see any Pioneer. I have 2 12's and I think they sound real real nice. Guess no one else has heard them or just doesn't like them.

Champagne 1995 Ford Contour LX R.I.P. - 7/11/06 V6 2.5L 24v DOHC Oversized System
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  dnewma04_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard