Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
I saw a report on TV, and they said in New York State it counts as defacing a plate.

[color:"green"]-Matt R

'99 Tropic Green LX, Zetec, ATX
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by Bob Blaylock:
Originally posted by Red92784:
I almost rear ended someone last winter because of those damn things. I was driving my Civic without ABS. The light turned yellow and the guy in front of me slammed on his brakes. There would have been plenty of time for both of us to pass through the yellow light. But he stopped and I couldn't, my tires locked up and if I didn't understand the concept of ebraking and power sliding I would have hit him dead on at 40mph.

??Sounds to me like you almost rear-ended the other car because you were following too closely.

Agreed, you must really not know how to drive in winter weather (or year round!) ... also, ever hear of pumping the brakes?

I stop on yellows 95% of the time, regardless of who is behind me (excepting only semis or huge passenger vehicles). If you hit me, you were going too fast for your vehicle's capabilities to begin with.

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
so they're making it illegal? I don't think it matters. how would they know? if you get caught on a red light camera, and they go
"oh look, they sprayed that stuff on it so we can't read the liscense plate. let's arrest them."
they can't, they don't have your liscense plate number. so unless someone sees you spraying it on...I think you're safe.

1995 SE 2.5L V6/MTX 187k
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by Renee:

. I wouldn't do that anyway cause I don't speed and run lights.

You show me someone who says they don't speed, and I'll show you someone who bends the truth. (I'm trying to be nice.) And anyone who runs a red light should lose their license.

WA 2 TUFF SVT 2000 Tropic Green SVT Born 1/28/2000-1975 out of 2150-only 207 made. Some new pics
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by platinum_drew:
so they're making it illegal? I don't think it matters. how would they know? if you get caught on a red light camera, and they go
"oh look, they sprayed that stuff on it so we can't read the liscense plate. let's arrest them."
they can't, they don't have your liscense plate number. so unless someone sees you spraying it on...I think you're safe.

Actually, all they need to do is reverse the negative to underexpose the pic and then grab the plate numbers. It was documented.

1998 T-Red SVT #957 Born 5/14/1997
I
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
I
no way, it doesn't work like that. You are assuming they only put the paint over the raised numbers. This stuff is all over the plate and reversing the negative will just give you a black blob instead of a white blob.

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by wa2tuff:
Originally posted by Renee:

. I wouldn't do that anyway cause I don't speed and run lights.

You show me someone who says they don't speed, and I'll show you someone who bends the truth. (I'm trying to be nice.) And anyone who runs a red light should lose their license.

Well, I'll put it this way, I don't go more than 5 miles over the speed limit, that way I don't get pulled over. I am sure there's someone here who will say "Yeah, well, I got a ticket for going 1 mph over the limit", but that's ok, because that was a bullsh!t ticket and they should have fought it.

2004 Ford Freestar V6 Boogity Boogity Boogity, Let's go racin Boys!
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard