Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1077820 10/14/04 03:32 AM
00SVTGA Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er

i've just bought a 24mm sway bar in the classifields and did not realize what i was getting my self into.it seems i've opened a can of worms .its all in the best of intentions.

ok so i've got a 24mm aussie sway bar just the bar without the bushings or brackets or reinforcements.

while searching i believe i found all the parts needed but have no idea of what the part#'s are or where to get them from.

frist question- by any chance can i get everything i need from stazi ? does he still make the reinforcement plates and supply all the needed bolts and bushing and brakets ?
-just a shot in the dark-

if thats not the case were can i get -

-24mm aussie sway bar bushings >?
-brackets for the sway bar?
-reinforcement plates?

from what i've read this is a great mod if installed correctly .i want to do this right the first time , i understand the subframe needs to be welded . and that i want to use poly bushings.

the only pics i could find are these-

http://www.pbase.com/cdw27/gallery/ati

any help in this field would be greatly appreciated.
the more pictures/drawings,personal stories the better. i'm affraid the subframes has to be removed to install this beefy bar right the first time.

-2000 csvt silver frost #1619 -magnaflow 14415 -optimized T/B & y-pipe -superchips xgt1 -75mm proflow maf -K&N RU-3530 -fsvt smart pump # 354Z-9H307-BC -spec stage one, LSD -low-tek,a/f,oil press.,volts -B&M short shifter -17" konig gt-r
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
I have no idea, but try PMing Stazi the link to this thread and he'll chime in.

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
I believe you can get those things through Terry Haines...

Ryan Trollin!
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Brackets are available from JC Whitney. You need the SMALL size 15/16" sway bar bushings. THE LARGE ONES DO NOT FIT, I REPEAT THE LARGE ONES DO NOT FIT!
http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/ProductDisplay/s-10101/p-1578/c-10101 Part#-ZX887545B

Backing plates can be made from 1/8" thick steel by taking the sway bar bushings bracket and tracing it's shape out onto the steel peice and cutting it out. I found stell strapping that was almost the exact width, and just cut it to lentgh. drilled the two holes and shaped the edges.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Quote:

the only pics i could find are these-

http://www.pbase.com/cdw27/gallery/ati

Those are my pics. I am glad someone can get some use from them.

My personal experience: big sway bar lead to deformation of the subframe around the brackets. So I had some backing plates welded it (as Stazi just described), but the welds cracked before long. In the end, I had the subframe dropped out of the car and the mounting area was re-fabricated as described in the photos. No problems since, and I can't really see how problems would arise in the future, since the fabbed C-channel mounting structure looks very strong to my engineering intuition.

More information can be found in this old thread:

http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=susp&Number=313677&Forum=susp&Words=ati%20fixed%20my&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=313677&Search=true#Post313677

Let me know if I can answer any other questions.

-Kurt 50% of all people are below average.

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard