#1075632 10/12/04 02:39 AM
N
n4rb Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
N
Hey,

Well, I got 4 problems with my car now, a 99 contour SVT...

The first one is, my idle is very high (switches between sometimes around 2.8k to 2k RPM) and sometimes its just like it used to be, IAC valve going bad maybe?

The second problem is sometimes when I accelerate hard or hit my breaks hard, there is a sound that sounds like a "CRACK" (like something just snap broke) in the front right....maybe me CV joints?

The 3rd problem is, when I accelerate hard, and hit my clutch to shift, there is also like a little "pop" noise from the front left I believe.

The 4th problem is like a "rattling" sound from the front right, which is pretty loud when I accelerate, but then gets quiet once Im at like 15-20 MPH, but is still there while driving, but very quiet....wheel bearings?

I appreciate any help, thanks.

1999 Contour SVT
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
1) IAC valve or massive vacccum leak. Check the PCV valve and hose.

2,3,& 4) All are probably the same fault. It will be necessary to inspect your front suspension thoroughly. You probably have a worn or damaged bushing that is allowing a suspension member to shift under heavy load.

Steve

98 Contour SE Sport 2.5 Duratec ATX The wifey's car 89 Taurus SHO - 246K miles 94 SHO ATX - 190K 1997 F-150 5.4L ATX - The Workhorse 150K. ANY THREAD WITH "OMG" or "WTF" ETC IN THE TITLE WILL BE IGNORED!
N
n4rb Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
N
I figured out that the pop that comes when I hit the clutch, is because the motor mount on the right side (under the engine) is broke...

But still havent figured the other stuff out...

1999 Contour SVT

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard