Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
Hi folks, I just bought a 99 CSVT (green/tan) to be my daily commuter and to replace my 1990 T-bird SC. I was wondering if folks can help me with something. I have lurked around the forums for a couple days, and noticed that some people have listed the build date of their car and/or the # in the series (ie #1001 of 2760). How do I find that info? Can it be determinad via the sequence number in the VIN? Also, i have seen pictures of at least one car with some plates listing the VIN, along with the # in series. Is that a custom plate or can they be purchased somewhere?

Thanks.

Sean SPOON! 99 Countour SVT (for sale) 02 Jeep TJ 86 BMW 635CSi (for sale)
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by smentzer:
Hi folks, I just bought a 99 CSVT (green/tan) to be my daily commuter and to replace my 1990 T-bird SC. I was wondering if folks can help me with something. I have lurked around the forums for a couple days, and noticed that some people have listed the build date of their car and/or the # in the series (ie #1001 of 2760). How do I find that info? Can it be determinad via the sequence number in the VIN? Also, i have seen pictures of at least one car with some plates listing the VIN, along with the # in series. Is that a custom plate or can they be purchased somewhere?

Thanks.

Welcome to CEG. It's good to have another Tropic Green CSVT in the mix. Call 1-800-367-3788 with your VIN. They can tell you your build number and build date. The custom engine plate was from a group buy (GB) a few months ago. Unless another GB is started, you can't get one unless you find someone to do it for you.

And I'll tell you before everyone else does: the search feature will be your friend. Try to use it before you ask a question.

WA 2 TUFF SVT 2000 Tropic Green SVT Born 1/28/2000-1975 out of 2150-only 207 made. Some new pics
S
OP Offline
S
Thanks for the info, I could have sworn I did search for that ( I have been searching for everything else), but didn't find it. Just tried a search though, and there it was. I think I missed setting that determins how far back to go.

Thanks again.

Sean SPOON! 99 Countour SVT (for sale) 02 Jeep TJ 86 BMW 635CSi (for sale)
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L

Welcome to the CEG Sean!

When you call the number that Wa 2 Tuff gave you ask them to send you a certificate too. Owners of SVT's can get a certificate with the build date, your car's build number, etc. on it. It's free.

Post some pictures when you get a chance, we'd love to see your ride.

Enjoy!!

W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by LUCA:

Welcome to the CEG Sean!

When you call the number that Wa 2 Tuff gave you ask them to send you a certificate too. Owners of SVT's can get a certificate with the build date, your car's build number, etc. on it. It's free.

Post some pictures when you get a chance, we'd love to see your ride.

Enjoy!!

If you want the certificate, you have to send them proof of ownership, usually a copy of the title. Like Christine says though, it's free. And remember--green is good.

WA 2 TUFF SVT 2000 Tropic Green SVT Born 1/28/2000-1975 out of 2150-only 207 made. Some new pics

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard