Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
F
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
F
Originally posted by Davo:
We can always count on Fat Mike to bring the collective intelligence of a thread down a few notches.

No, because there would have to be some sort of intelligence to begin with in order for me to bring it down.

1999 Black SVT "If I were an admin I'd ban you without a second thought. " ~Trapps
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by JVT:
I'm still thinking Bush has something up his sleeve....

I'm curious as to what the liberals and the mainstream media (I apologize for the redundancy) have up their sleeve. I'm just waiting to see what this year's "drunk driving" charge is. Dan Rather's fake news is an indication that they're willing to do just about anything, so we'll have to see how ugly it gets before November 2nd.

You know Davo, I'd really like to respect you but you're just such a Bush gomer seeking only to inflame situations with your negative, reactionary comments. Then you make comments like the one above and show the world of CEG that you're really not on the pulse of this election as you'd want us to think.

It has already been revealed that ABC News has chosen not to cover Bush and Kerry equally. You, one who is supposedly on the cusp of developments, should have known that. Given that this story would benefit Bush it is shameful for you to come on here and attempt to portray yourself as some supreme politico.

I'll save you the legwork of finding the story in question; it's an internal memo from ABCNews Political Director Mark Halperin.
Quote:

It goes without saying that the stakes are getting very high for the country and the campaigns - and our responsibilities become quite grave

I do not want to set off (sp?) and endless colloquy that none of us have time for today - nor do I want to stifle one. Please respond if you feel you can advance the discussion.

The New York Times (Nagourney/Stevenson) and Howard Fineman on the web both make the same point today: the current Bush attacks on Kerry involve distortions and taking things out of context in a way that goes beyond what Kerry has done.

Kerry distorts, takes out of context, and mistakes all the time, but these are not central to his efforts to win.

We have a responsibility to hold both sides accountable to the public interest, but that doesn't mean we reflexively and artificially hold both sides "equally" accountable when the facts don't warrant that.

I'm sure many of you have this week felt the stepped up Bush efforts to complain about our coverage. This is all part of their efforts to get away with as much as possible with the stepped up, renewed efforts to win the election by destroying Senator Kerry at least partly through distortions.

It's up to Kerry to defend himself, of course. But as one of the few news organizations with the skill and strength to help voters evaluate what the candidates are saying to serve the public interest. Now is the time for all of us to step up and do that right.

Gee Davo, how'd you miss this opportunity to wave the Bush flag? You're are a Bush guy, right? In-tune with the GOP, right? So up to date with this election, right? Go spread your crap on another board; or come back here with an open mind, show some respect to the other posters on CEG, and quit being a disgrace to the Bush campaign.

-- 1999 SVT #220 -- In retrospect, it was all downhill from here. RIP, CEG.
F
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
F
Originally posted by bigMoneyRacing:
Originally posted by JVT:
I'm still thinking Bush has something up his sleeve....

I'm curious as to what the liberals and the mainstream media (I apologize for the redundancy) have up their sleeve. I'm just waiting to see what this year's "drunk driving" charge is. Dan Rather's fake news is an indication that they're willing to do just about anything, so we'll have to see how ugly it gets before November 2nd.

You know Davo, I'd really like to respect you but you're just such a Bush gomer seeking only to inflame situations with your negative, reactionary comments. Then you make comments like the one above and show the world of CEG that you're really not on the pulse of this election as you'd want us to think.

It has already been revealed that ABC News has chosen not to cover Bush and Kerry equally. You, one who is supposedly on the cusp of developments, should have known that. Given that this story would benefit Bush it is shameful for you to come on here and attempt to portray yourself as some supreme politico.

I'll save you the legwork of finding the story in question; it's an internal memo from ABCNews Political Director Mark Halperin.
Quote:

It goes without saying that the stakes are getting very high for the country and the campaigns - and our responsibilities become quite grave

I do not want to set off (sp?) and endless colloquy that none of us have time for today - nor do I want to stifle one. Please respond if you feel you can advance the discussion.

The New York Times (Nagourney/Stevenson) and Howard Fineman on the web both make the same point today: the current Bush attacks on Kerry involve distortions and taking things out of context in a way that goes beyond what Kerry has done.

Kerry distorts, takes out of context, and mistakes all the time, but these are not central to his efforts to win.

We have a responsibility to hold both sides accountable to the public interest, but that doesn't mean we reflexively and artificially hold both sides "equally" accountable when the facts don't warrant that.

I'm sure many of you have this week felt the stepped up Bush efforts to complain about our coverage. This is all part of their efforts to get away with as much as possible with the stepped up, renewed efforts to win the election by destroying Senator Kerry at least partly through distortions.

It's up to Kerry to defend himself, of course. But as one of the few news organizations with the skill and strength to help voters evaluate what the candidates are saying to serve the public interest. Now is the time for all of us to step up and do that right.

Gee Davo, how'd you miss this opportunity to wave the Bush flag? You're are a Bush guy, right? In-tune with the GOP, right? So up to date with this election, right? Go spread your crap on another board; or come back here with an open mind, show some respect to the other posters on CEG, and quit being a disgrace to the Bush campaign.

OWNED!

1999 Black SVT "If I were an admin I'd ban you without a second thought. " ~Trapps
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Kerry's got the Clinton camp backing him up now. Carville and Begala especially live for "gotcha" moments...somehow I doubt that they're just sitting around with thumbs twiddling waiting for an unlikely terrorist attack or implosion of Iraq's stability.

The fact that GWB is posting those electoral numbers even after a pair of admittedly tepid debate performances (and I'm being charitable) indicates to me that there really IS a silent majority out there that's either more pro-Bush or anti-Kerry (and that's not the same thing) than the media and celeboliticans acknowledge, or more probably, believe in. It must be hard to grasp that idea when part of the trappings of your career includes plenty of people hovering around you to make sure you feel like you're right about every statement you make. If Bush wins, even if it's a decisive win, watch for the Hollywood liberals and the media opinionists to swear up and down that somehow Bush fixed the election or snookered the public, because they'll never fathom the idea that the general public might actually know what it wants.

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D

I don't really feel the need to defend what I've said, but I'll do it anyways. I wasn't trying to inflame any situation. I see you've thrown hissy fits at some of my comments recently, but there's nothing I can do about that. I can't help that you disagree or agree and can't handle it. In this thread, I was mentioning that the left may have more plans like the DUI charge in 2000 that tries to bring Bush down at the last minute. Is that "inflaming the situation".

EDIT: Being a "Bush Gomer" would have been jumping up and down and celebrating this Electoral College analysis. Actually knowing the current state of the electorate (like I do) would produce at the very most faint optimism. Only one who knows what can happen in the next three and a half weeks will take the information that began this thread at face value.

These Electoral College analyses take the polls and a couple other minor indications to show how the election would happen if it were today. I don't see how this analysis benefits Bush in any way, it's mostly objective. I don't how they could possibly put any kind of spin on it.

And yes, I consider myself "on the cusp of developments" for the most part, which is why I am able to offer the points of view and analyses that I give.

What is the point of posting that story?

An election year is not one in which to have an "open mind", whatever that means. I do consider my self well-in tune with the politics of this election season. Some of the analysis and viewpoints I give here and elsewhere are rare, particularly for people not exposed to the right kinds of media. If you consider that "crap", then so be it. Perhaps you're the one who needs the "open mind".

Last edited by Davo; 10/10/04 03:26 AM.
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Well, not every Electoral College Poll has the same results.

Electoral-Vote.com, which many people here linked to very often in the past, is showing Kerry ahead quite a bit:

http://www.electoral-vote.com

2003 Mazda6s 3.0L MTX Webpage 2004 Mazda3s 2.3L ATX
F
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
F
Originally posted by sigma:

Electoral-College.com, which many people here linked to very often in the past, is showing Kerry ahead quite a bit:

Yes, but the problem with that poll is that it shows Kerry winning, but I don't want Kerry to win, therefore I will stick to reading stories that reflect my interests. Because if anything disagrees with my viewpoints, then it's obviously liberal BS that's trying to make W look bad and I regard it as a lie.

R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by Fat Mike:

Electoral-College.com, which many people here linked to very often in the past, is showing Kerry ahead quite a bit:

Yes, but the problem with that poll is that it shows Kerry winning, but I don't want Kerry to win, therefore I will stick to reading stories that reflect my interests. Because if anything disagrees with my viewpoints, then it's obviously liberal BS that's trying to make W look bad and I regard it as a lie.

Are you trying to say that Davo doesn't take fair and balanced(no FOX pun intended)look at his so called fact givers?

Sorry Dave but you and you're rants are so ultra conservative that a lot of people have a hard time beleiving what you throw out as factual. Now your entitled to your opinion but don't get upset when people don't buy into your plot lines.

99 Contour Sport SE MTX KKM filter, B&M shifter No res, BAT kit Green car silver hood (because silver is faster)
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Wow! The liberal task force is out tonight...

Originally posted by RT and his SE:
Sorry Dave but you and you're rants are so ultra conservative that a lot of people have a hard time beleiving what you throw out as factual. Now your entitled to your opinion but don't get upset when people don't buy into your plot lines.

Rusty, I would have been disappointed had you used any tactic other than branding me as "ultra-conservative" to dismiss my points. If what I claim to be a fact is wrong, call me out on it. If you disagree with my opinion, say why. You should know the whole "you're ultra-conservative, so everything you say has no merit, in fact or opinion" line doesn't really work.

And you should also know, I never get upset because of things anyone on here says.

Last edited by Davo; 10/10/04 06:24 AM.
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Fat Mike:

No, the problem is that two very respectable electoral polls put together by organizations who have an invested interest in maintaining their accuracy, respectability and names seems to disagree with your viewpoint. Therefore you have to go and dig up some off the wall poll somewhere in cyberspace so you can ignorantly stick your head in the sand. This poll was put together by one unnamed guy, privately funded by himself? - and you take this over both cnn and fox, both who independently arrived at similar conclusions? Your audacity is astounding!

Mystique LS
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard