Next Thread
Print Thread
#1071325 10/07/04 04:13 AM
R
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
R
The ATX finally gave up today. It appears the valve body problem leading to TC failure.

I have decided that because cash flow is a bit low (presently unemployed) I am going to get a used transmission and have it installed. I have a 98.0 SE Sport w/ V-6. How far can i go from that spec and still have a compatable trans (i.e. can I get one from a cougar, or other vehicles - such as 2 wheel drive escape?) What year limitations apply?

Thanks for any help,

Richard

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
im not sure what year the change was made in, but the 01 cougar tranny i had in my 97 used a different style speed sensor. it still accepted my old one, but i bought the new one just to plug up the hole

Russell Oval Port 3L Nearly Done MTX75 w/ Homebrew Zetec FD and Torsen Complete
U
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
U
Just to keep things really simple, don't look for anything over 2000. Like Russell said, there were some changes after that year, like the speed sensor and some other things.

IIRC, Russell had a problem with the model year tranny that he had matting up properly with his year 3L engine. If Russell could enlighten us again on that situation, it could prove very helpful. Just for the sake of reference.

Phillip Jackson `98 Mystique LS 262K+ and counting... ATX rebuilt @ 151K "This storm has broken me, my only friend!" RIP Dime

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard