Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
Originally posted by Josch:
I mix in 2 oz. of Sta-Lube FM that CSK sells

If that is the same additive I am thinking of it is made for LSD rear ends and it uses high pressure modifiers to change the friction???
Those are bad for soft metals!

I would do a little research to see if it's safe.

Yeah, it sais on the bottle that it meets the Ford ?????? number spec for modifiers and I'm pretty sure I checked the number once back then and it was the same one that was listed in my Ford CDrom manual. I swear I checked it, but even if I didn't, and it was technically the wrong stuff, well that was over 75,000 miles ago, so I'm not too worried about the modifier mix at this point. I got almost 150k on my car/trans now with half of that using this mix and it stills shifts like it did when I bought the car at 27k mi. So I think it's proven safe. And it shifts fine when it's cold, like always. BUT, you must remember, I DO have the rod shifted trans, and not the later cable shifted ones that have the problem w/ the forks gettin tight in the bushings, or whatever that problem was about

'95 CONTOUR SE -Enkei 16s -SVT wannabe -Dual escapes w/ 2 1/2" stainless tips -True LED taillight conversion -Audi Xenon Projector Retrofit -Mp3 deck, dual 10s
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by Josch:
BUT, you must remember, I DO have the rod shifted trans, and not the later cable shifted ones that have the problem w/ the forks gettin tight in the bushings, or whatever that problem was about

No such difference.

95 rod shift had a roller bearing on the 1-2 fork only. The other 2 forks were normal babbit material.

All the forks from 96 on used babbit material for all 3 forks.

For ref:

The 3-4 & 5-R forks were revised (better drainback and oiling feed) in the revised MTX-75. (cable shifter)

The roller bearing 1-2 fork for the MTX-75 cable shifter is from the 02+ Focus.

Also when it comes to soft metals what about the brass parts? (like block rings for instance)

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
K
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
K
eh, after reading some other posts, i decided to make the switch to redline and just take the few extra moments on startup to make things smoother (rowing through while parked). i am impressed with the redline so far. tonight it got cool (maybe 50?) and i had no problems with the shifting. if it gets bad on the real cold mornings, ill start using my block heater or switch the fluid, its not very hard.

#4559 of 6535 born on Feb 17, 1998 Black 1998.5 CSVT FOR SALE [cleaning house]: SVT rear swaybar. Reasonable offer and its yours!
D
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
D
What brand of Chrysler spec ATF+3 are people using?

1999 Red / Tan SVT #1969 of 2760 Built 4/21/99 K&N, DMD, FMS Wires, ES Insert / Bushings, PF End Links 17" FSVT 5-Spokes Factory Spoiler 35% Tint All Around
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
The only easily available brand that i have found is Quaker State. I don't think that it really matters which brand as long as it is ATF+3.

Jim Johnson 98 SVT 03 Escape Limited
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
AutoZone carries ATF+3 in 3-4 different brands.

I'd go with the Castrol or Aamco.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E
Originally posted by DemonSVT:

Pennzoil Syncromesh is a good fluid. I currently have a 50/50 mix in my MTX from when I swapped axles.

50-50 mix with what else? Redline MTL? I went on the Pennzoil website and read their description on the Syncromesh fluid. Didn't see any mention of the fluids weights etc.
Do you have more info?

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard