Print Thread
#1065201 09/29/04 11:10 PM
B
BP_dup1 Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
just an observation on how people use political labels (liberal/conservative) in discussions on ceg.

to me it seems like those who over use these terms resort to categorizing people in place of thinking about the actual issue. i wonder if they realize these terms are often an inaccurate description of a person's views and assume people are incapable of objectively considering other ideas? @u.

alas, it's my opinion that those who fall back on these terms excessively are either intellectually challenged or mental midgets. for them it seems it's easier to resort to name calling/insults and arguing over opinion instead of discussing the facts for what they are. i'm not saying you should stop...i like having an easy way to identify ya'll.

'03 Saab 9-5 Aero
#1065202 09/29/04 11:21 PM
J
JB1 Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
yes...lets not make them stop because then how else would we easily distinguish the mental midgets. lol. i too have noticed this with a couple of people. i prefer to through logic at them and watch them squirm.

00 black/tan svt, #2052 of 2150, born 2/1/00 formerly known as my csvt "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King, Jr.
#1065203 09/29/04 11:31 PM
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
Originally posted by BP:
just an observation on how people use political labels (liberal/conservative) in discussions on ceg.

to me it seems like those who over use these terms resort to categorizing people in place of thinking about the actual issue. i wonder if they realize these terms are often an inaccurate description of a person's views and assume people are incapable of objectively considering other ideas? @u.

alas, it's my opinion that those who fall back on these terms excessively are either intellectually challenged or mental midgets. for them it seems it's easier to resort to name calling/insults and arguing over opinion instead of discussing the facts for what they are. i'm not saying you should stop...i like having an easy way to identify ya'll.

Fine, I'll stop calling you a liberal. I have no problem settling on calling you a pinhead.

#1065204 09/29/04 11:37 PM
B
BP_dup1 Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by PackRat:

Fine, I'll stop calling you a liberal. I have no problem settling on calling you a pinhead.

lol.. thanks dingleberry. i knew you cared.

'03 Saab 9-5 Aero
#1065205 09/29/04 11:40 PM
T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by BP:

Mind if I throw out another term. A term I feel surmizes the this posting and the first reply to it...

Superiority Complex, or would you prefer Narcicisstic?

To praise yourselves as being above others, because you don't label people, or use logic on them; shows you are no beeter than those who argue their positions on topics for which they are deeply emotional about.

And...Now I donn my flamesuit

#1065206 09/29/04 11:44 PM
B
BP_dup1 Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by TheAlmightyMe:

Superiority Complex

..the irony.

'03 Saab 9-5 Aero
#1065207 09/29/04 11:59 PM
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by BP:
for them it seems it's easier to resort to name calling/insults and arguing over opinion instead of discussing the facts for what they are.

Isn't opinion rooted in the perception of facts?

There's no such thing as arguing over facts. If they're facts, there's nothing to argue over! The interpretation of the facts and their relevance are what construct opinions and what is usually debated. There's no point in "discussing the facts", to regurgitate what should already be apparent through the nature of the facts.

#1065208 09/30/04 01:12 AM
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Quote:

There's no such thing as arguing over facts. If they're facts, there's nothing to argue over!

Apparently you've never read one of Hitman's posts...

2003 Mazda6s 3.0L MTX Webpage
2004 Mazda3s 2.3L ATX

Link Copied to Clipboard