Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
#1060304 09/24/04 05:31 PM
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
It looks great-

With every mod, there is always something that pops up thattakes a bit longer than expected. It's a given that this happens. You'll get it fitting to your liking. Where's more pics of the car?

Let us know how it turns out.

#1060305 09/24/04 05:41 PM
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
*rethinks about a possible purchase in the future...

**GULP** Me too

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
#1060306 09/24/04 06:05 PM
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
I also wasnt completely satisfied with my hood. I had a HUGE gap front to back. The side gaps are ok but not great. But front to back was terrible. I could get my hand under the hood and unlatch it with out getting in the car. Also, the shape of the front where the hood meets the headlights/grill is off. Its uneven all across. Not to mention my latch wasnt even close to catching. Jacob told me to cut the latch assuring me that it would fix the problem. He also told me i would get a $100 refund for having to cut the latch. Its been over a month and still no refund. I have sent him plent of emails and no reply. Also that "dip" in the middle is 1/4" crooked on my hood.

The quality of the material is ok in comparison to other hoods i have seen.

But all this is ashame because it really is a nice looking hood.

'99 CSVT 152k miles '95 YJ www.VFXCustom.com PM me with anything you need done in Vinyl.
#1060307 09/24/04 06:19 PM
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by Stazi:
I have a huge gap on the drivers siode too, but I need to adjust it better, AND I'm, taking off the hood lift struts as they aren't required anymore and just cause you to flex the hood when you go to close it.

I need to tweak the fenders too.

All the same I think the hood is sharp and I wouldn't go back.

Nuff for me

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
#1060308 09/24/04 07:45 PM
C
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
C
hey guys,
for those of you have any experience with carbon fiber or fiberglass know that whenever you create a mold, you always have to allow for a little bit of shrinkage. the materials we use minimize shrinkage, but it's impossible to completely eliminate it.

we've had customers tell us about how easily their hoods (both OEM and Cowl) installed and hot good the fit was, but we've also had customers who had to make minor adjustments to make it sit right. grant it, the latch issue was a production problem on our end, but we were able to fix that and help customers resolve installation issues one way or another. every hood comes out of one mold and the only variable here is the car, and every car has slight variations even when it rolls off the factory line.

that being said, please understand that every aftermarket piece is not going to fit every vehicle in the same manner.

if any of you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to email me at jacob@carbonfiberone.com.

thanks.

#1060309 09/24/04 08:11 PM
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
I just got to say that I was the first one to get my hood. I took of the OEM, and install the cowl, perfect fit. Other than a little adjusting the latch, but that was suspected. I get stopped once, twice a day People asking me about it. It�s nice when the car gets some attention. But anyway sorry to here about the none fit hoods Just a little fine tuning and it will be okay I hope everything works out.

98SE C-27 kit. CARBON COWL HOOD
#1060310 09/24/04 08:18 PM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Understood, but couldn't hte maker (speaking in general for educational purposes) make the mold say 1/4" bigger to make up for the shrinkage?

Do that mainstream guys (i.e. Mustangs, Civics, etc) have the same issues ?
Originally posted by customCFshop:
hey guys,
for those of you have any experience with carbon fiber or fiberglass know that whenever you create a mold, you always have to allow for a little bit of shrinkage. the materials we use minimize shrinkage, but it's impossible to completely eliminate it.

Ryan Trollin!
#1060311 09/24/04 10:55 PM
C
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
C
it's actually pretty tough to overcompensate and get it right.
and as for other makes and models, it all depends on the vehicle and the way the fenders line up. for example, the 92-95 civic fits very nicely while the rx-8 hood doesn't line up so well.

#1060312 09/24/04 11:18 PM
S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
Understood, but couldn't hte maker (speaking in general for educational purposes) make the mold say 1/4" bigger to make up for the shrinkage?

Do that mainstream guys (i.e. Mustangs, Civics, etc) have the same issues ?
Originally posted by customCFshop:
hey guys,

no, as i said earlier, for my 98 accord the hood fit like oem. it was made by VIS, one of the top in CF hoods. i have never heard of this happening, is it a contour thing? it must be if there is only mold and some poeple have less issues than others. dont these come out of LA? if/when i get one ill go pick up in person, see whats up..

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard