Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
W
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
W
I have the front off the ground, wheels off, calipers off, and can NOT get the rotors off... am I doing something wrong?! I have pounded the crap out of one side to the point of cracking the rotor a little. PLEASE HELP, I need the car to work tomorrow.

R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
Keep slamming it man !!use a 10 pound hammer !!! Mind broke in half before it came off !!

Make sure you soke it in liquid wrench or something of that nature too ....

M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Last fall, I had trouble with the rotors on my wife's Cherokee. I took a six-foot long iron stake my father uses to break ice and wedged it in between the rotor and the steering knuckle. A little leverage goes a long way, and it popped off on the first try. But Contour rotors are notorious for stickingb _ I'm about to attempt them myself. Most on this site will recommend liberal soakings of PB Blaster, humongous hammers, and patience.

Old car: '98 SVT T-Red K&N air filter; Ford Focus RS shift knob. Off to be auctioned off somewhere. New car: 2003 Honda Accord DX Sedan, 5-speed.
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
Yeah there isnt a bad way of doing it , it has to come off no matter what

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
And when you put the new rotors on, clean as much rust off the hub face as you can so the new rotor will properly seat and then apply a light coating of anti-sieze so that you won't have that problem next time.

Jim Johnson 98 SVT 03 Escape Limited
T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
I've got a nice set of metric hammers.

W
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
W
Well, thank you guys... I finally got it last night. It took me another half hour of full swings with a 3ft sledge hammer and a can of PB Blaster. After cracking the rotor in two places and chipping numerous big chunks from pounding on it, it finally broke free. I guess I was just afraid to be beating on the car that hard... I mean, you can just see all of the joints and parts stressing so bad when you are railing on it that hard, but the car is fine... steers straight, no rattles, no "loose sounds" from up front or anything, all is well. They need to be bleeded, the pedal travel is a little bit more than I like, so I'm gona do that today when I get home, other than that, thank you guys very much for the advise.

W
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
W
Oh yeah, I coated the entire inside of the rotor and the hub with wheel bearing grease in hopes of preventing this for next time even a little... couldn't find my anti-sieze anywhere, it was the next best thing (I guess).

M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
BFH scores another victory!

Old car: '98 SVT T-Red K&N air filter; Ford Focus RS shift knob. Off to be auctioned off somewhere. New car: 2003 Honda Accord DX Sedan, 5-speed.
W
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
W
No, it was a RBFH with a SLOHP over a RLPOT. (Really big F* hammer) (Sh* load of hitting power) (really long period of time)... oh and I'm sore as hell today.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard