Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
A
Check my add in the Classifieds/miscellaneous section!! Sorry to be checking out of this great on-line community !!

Thanks for all the help I have received during the years !! Art

2004 Velocity Red RX-8 *Racing Beat Intake and Exhaust *Grand Touring Package *Red/Black Leather *Fender Strakes *Rotary Accents *Xenon HID's *Bose
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Art,

what did you buy?

Money doesn't always bring happiness. People with ten million dollars are no happier than people with nine million dollars ~ Hobart Brown
A
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
A
A Velocity Red RX-8, MT, Grand Touring package...probably not my brightest moment seeing as how I'm still commuting 120 miles/day... I got a decent deal...MSRP = $31,800 and talked the sales guy down to $27,800.

Art

2004 Velocity Red RX-8 *Racing Beat Intake and Exhaust *Grand Touring Package *Red/Black Leather *Fender Strakes *Rotary Accents *Xenon HID's *Bose
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Nice deal Art! 4K off MSRP is pretty darn good.

I'm in the same boat, SVT is aging, but aging well.

I want a 2+2 as well.

So what did you test drive and why the RX8?

Money doesn't always bring happiness. People with ten million dollars are no happier than people with nine million dollars ~ Hobart Brown
A
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
A
Test drove the Mazda 6, Subaru Legacy GT Ltd. sedan, and of course the new GTO (was in the same autopark as the Subaru dealership...). If I had it to do over, I would go with the Subaru! Great balance, AWD, great response (detuned STi) and will probaby hold up alot longer than the 8, but the finance guy was an arogant butt...

I've been tracking the 8 on the RX-8club.com enthusiast group for the better part of a year, and Mazda has been very proactive in addressing owner problems and concerns. The dealership I went through has a great reputation for service (they have two excellent rotary mechanics-there is a large population of rotary fanatics in this area).

Despite the mis-stated horsepower debacle (250 downrated to 238... ), the 8 is perfectly balanced (50/50) and handles very well. Power is substantially better than the aged 'tour...and besides, if you look at the rear valance around the exhaust pipes, it looks like the SVT rear end!!!

Art

F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
So why not the GTO?

I think you'll look a helluva lot better in the RX-8 than a Subie. RX8 is a great looking car.

J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
I think I would have taken the GTO, lightend up the front end, thrown some better brakes, suspension, tires and call it a day. those things would make great sleeper cars.
Chris, you gonna sell the tour?

Built April 18th 1998 #5770 of 6535 Reborn: July 11, 2004 3L and gone again 12/13/2005 new ride: 98 Silver frost SVT with all my old goodies!!!!
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
No, not gonna sell the CSVT ever. Best case scenario I could get $7-$8K for it as of now.

Got a phat 14% raise and a $5K bonus but I'm having career issues again. Save for house, buy car, switch job make more money, start my own business, stay at job - pass CPA - make manager next Aug.......................

Lots of choices, hard decisions.

J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
If you start your own company, let me know.

Built April 18th 1998 #5770 of 6535 Reborn: July 11, 2004 3L and gone again 12/13/2005 new ride: 98 Silver frost SVT with all my old goodies!!!!
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Originally posted by johnny hennessy:
If you start your own company, let me know.

$7/hr and use the Govt's welfare to work program is my plan so far.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fmr12B_dup1, path914 

Link Copied to Clipboard