Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
Anything I should be looking at replacing in the near future? My secondary box just died on me, and I still have exhaust problem after close to $2k spent.

TIA, Kyle

1997 Thunderbird LX Clairion HU, sub and amp In the works: true duals, headers, cobra MAF In the works: Mustang with a big block
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
$2K on exhaust??

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by CanadianContendr:
after close to $2k spent.

Dont tell me Ford suckered you into buying new exhaust manifolds.

Jim Hahn 1996 T-Red Contour SE Reborn 4/6/04 3.0L swap and Arizona Dyno Chip Turbo Kit 364 whp, 410 wtq @ 4,700 rpm
C
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
No, no new manifolds. If I had new manifolds, I wouldn't have an exhaust issue. I have been thinking about buying MSDS headers, but I'm worried about my Ontarion emmission testing. I do have a SHOshop Y sitting in my trunk, but I don't think that's my answer to my exhaust issues. I've had my car at two different dealerships, and both told me different stories about what the car's problems are. One Said DPFE, the other said the pre-cats were plugged.... I'll be doing a vacuum test myself on Friday, so that'll tell me if it's any cat. But, I don't even know what the DPFE is for, or how to check if it is working properly.

1997 Thunderbird LX Clairion HU, sub and amp In the works: true duals, headers, cobra MAF In the works: Mustang with a big block

Link Copied to Clipboard