Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
D
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
D
Someone call PETA.

98.5 Contour SVT "Too many OB/GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country" --US President George W Bush
I
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by 99blacksesport:
Damn, I wish the puppy had better aim and hit him in the heart.

in no way am i a tree hugger or a animal rights freak...

dude shoulda got his dog fixed in the first place... ive got 3 dogs, its only legal to have 2 ... all 3 are fixed and healthy... its the way to do it

cardomain 98 Contour SE zetec I-4
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
00SVT Dont get your panties in a bunch. I never said that facility does not adopt, but they do destroy the animal if they dont get adopted. So shut your hole biotch. lol
And as far as people getting freebies to bait fighting dogs, bullSh*t. The person giving the animal away needs to check references, the location, and the people.

Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Originally posted by Dragonfly:
00SVT Dont get your panties in a bunch. I never said that facility does not adopt, but they do destroy the animal if they dont get adopted. So shut your hole biotch. lol
And as far as people getting freebies to bait fighting dogs, bullSh*t. The person giving the animal away needs to check references, the location, and the people.

Do you honestly think people that advertise in the paper giving away puppies are going to check references and do background checks and go to someone's house to inspect it to see if it's fit for the dog they're just giving away???? You're high. And it's pretty rare that a puppy will go unadopted through a humane society anyway.

And I'm not saying that the only people looking for free dogs are getting them to use as bait, but it's probably a more common practice than you'd like to think.

2000 SVT Contour -- SOLD! New car coming soon... 1980 Triumph TR7 -- Needs a new home...
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
I'm an animal lover and hate to see good animals needlessly destroyed, but...

He was charged with felony animal cruelty?

How is shooting a dog in the head felony cruelty? I can go out and shoot rabbits and ducks and deer, catch fish and farmers slaughter cows and chikens every day. This guy shoots his unwanted puppy and is a felon? He didn't torture them just to be cruel, he put down unwanted animals. I'm curious if he skinned it and ate it if they would still say it was cruelty? And is death by gunshot any more cruel than the gas chamber or injections the pound uses to kill their unwated animals? If it's okay for the pound to take an unwanted animals life why can't the dog's owner do it himself?

That being said - way to go puppy

97 Contour SE MTX K&N 3530, UR UDP, 19# Injectors, mystery mod, FMS wires, Fordchip.com chip, SVT: TB, Flywheel, clutch, exhaust 04 Grand Caravan SXT
F
Smurfette
Smurfette
F
Originally posted by ScottK:
I can go out and shoot rabbits and ducks and deer, catch fish

...with a license
if you get caught shooting them without a license, you get penalized.
and I know with deer, after you shoot one (under license), you have to go report what you killed and with what weapon, and then you can't shoot anymore that year.

I know what you're getting at, but what I'm saying is that things are a little more regulated when it comes to killing animals for food.

Kim 1995 Contour GL Needs less "needs more"
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
You only get one deer per season in New Hampshire?

-- 1999 SVT #220 -- In retrospect, it was all downhill from here. RIP, CEG.
D
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by bigMoneyRacing:
You only get one deer per season in New Hampshire?

Damn, that sucks.

former owner, 95 SE MTX 02 Ford Explorer
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by sigma:

Most shelters thesedays have strict policies of non-euthanization. Generally, only city run facilities, "pounds", euthanize and puppies will almost never meet that fate.

Hmmm, no not actually. Having volunteered fro the Atlanta Humane Society, which at the time had the highest adoption rate in the USA at 51%, guess what happens to the other 49%?

No-kill facilities are rarely up to snuff in regards to providing quality of care that humane societies do, and often extend the suffering of animals needlessly.

Unfortunately, euthanasia is necessary given the number of strays, unwanted puppies, abandoned pets, etc. It sucks, but that's reality in the present moment. What is really scary is the number of people who can't take care of their dogs that have children.

K
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
That puppy is gangsta. LOL! I'd love to own him. Rock on puppy! I think I'd call him BULLET.... Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week....

2006 Mazdaspeed6 1997 Yamaha YZF1000R Thunderace 1996 Volvo 850-R
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard