Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
R
Has anyone replaced the positive battery cable with anything other than than the $100 Ford replacement?
Thanks!

98.5 SE Sport Model T
D
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
D
you can use any copper cable that is coated so it does not lay under the battery tray and ground out..... if it does then it will be putting alot of amps through that wire and might burn up or cause a fire.... use some of the plastic coating with the slit down the side to cover it over.... that way the vibration of the wire rubbing on the metal will not rub off the insulation and cause a spark, fire or shoring....

J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
i had to...nearly set fire to my car for the exact things explained above. i used 10 gauge amp wire i had laying around. pop of the bottom of the power distribution box after removing it and the battery. follow all 4 wires into the box and they each will remove with a simple snap on piece. Remove each (should be 2 plugs) and replace wire about 3 or 4 inches from box. splice in with 10 gauge butt connectors from home depot. make sure you leave plenty of slack, should be about 12-14 inches of wire, to hook to battery. unsheath the wires that will connect the batter and twist together if youre going into a new terminal. if its the stock terminal you should be able to connect the wires in fine. any questions feel free to pm me.

05 Chevy Colorado z71 4x4 *for sale* 97 Honda Accord 4door track whore *12.9 N/A* (blown and wrecked) 97 Honda Accord 4 door 03 Eclipse GS
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
double post??? here

05 Chevy Colorado z71 4x4 *for sale* 97 Honda Accord 4door track whore *12.9 N/A* (blown and wrecked) 97 Honda Accord 4 door 03 Eclipse GS

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard