Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
Ok, I'm finally breaking down and replacing my o2 sensors. Ive been financially challenged the past few months but its getting so bad I cant stand it anymore. My car's been throwing a lean code for both the upper o2 sensors. My pluggs are fouled because the a/f mix has been off for so long and Its developed a nasty misfire when I get on the gas too hard.

This is still going to be an economy job so let me get some opinions here. I tried searching in the archives but couldn't find much for 98 SVT's, so here goes. I decided to go with bosch sensors from www.autopartsauthority.com. I'm also replaceing my spark plugs. I will probably get Bosch Platnium +4's.

Any objections/suggestions?

Also, how do you get to the rear o2 sensor without removing the UIM. If I do have to remove the UIM do I have to replace the gasket, or can I just lather on some gasket sealer?

98 Contour SVT (soon to be reborn) 2000 GMC Envoy... Screw you guys, I like it. 89' Mustang 5.0 (Just bolt on's... for now)
N
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
N
I object to anything but motorcraft 32 series single or double platinum plugs.

also youre gonna need a crow's foot to get at the rear upper O2 sensor. It looks tricky but its easy with the right tool.

(Roush/Bilstein/B&M/K&N/SVT/Magnecore/EBC/Mintex/Brullen /TruBendz/Kumho/AMSOil/Speedhut/Llumar/Silverstar /Visteon/Eurolite/Sony/Rockford fosgate/Kenwood /MBQuart/PBX/KnuKonceptz)
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Yes.

You most likely have an intake leak if both O2's are reading lean.

A lean code does not mean the O2's are bad.

Also get Motorcraft double platinums or Autolite DP's.

Autolites are the easiest to find and are cheaper. (Autozone & Advance)

Bosch SUCK!!!

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
Bosch spark plugs, or o2 sensors suck?

98 Contour SVT (soon to be reborn) 2000 GMC Envoy... Screw you guys, I like it. 89' Mustang 5.0 (Just bolt on's... for now)
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by Red92784:
Bosch spark plugs, or o2 sensors suck?

Spark plugs.

It is quite odd they make so many quality products and fail so miserably on a simple spark plug.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
So sad...

Thanks guys. Im gonna order them today.

So I need Bosch o2 sensors and Autolite Double Plats.

Link Copied to Clipboard