Next Thread
Print Thread
#1038585 08/30/04 02:11 AM
I
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
I
the tranny in my 97 contour is driving me crazy!! so far it's been rebuilt, new torque converter, new solenoid pack, new oil pump, new speed sensors, new valve body, new computer, and the o/d light is still giving me fits. it's not a constant problem but it comes and goes along with the hard shifting. everything that should have cured the problem has been done, i think so if i'm missing something PLEASE, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!

97 Contour Sport V6. T-Red, KKM tru rev induction, Ford racing wires, Cooper Cobras GTH, A pillar gauge pods with ford racing gauges, Clifford Matrix alarm, painted red calipers, full bra, premium audio installed,LED's, Ford Racing seat belt pads. It's my baby!!! I love to pull up to a honda or a VW and blow their fast and furious doors off. Imports can suck my american exhaust!!!
#1038586 08/30/04 02:16 AM
B
CEG'er
CEG'er
B
when did you have thr atx rebuit? What did they replace? Who rebuilt it?

Check your ground strap on atx. Also check ground strap on boo switch - Brake on/off switch. this ground is on same ground as atx.

What type of driving, weather occurs when you have problem?

An ounce of prevention provides a pound of cure!
#1038587 09/07/04 12:01 AM
I
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
I
ground strap and boo switch are ok. any other ideas? it seems to be electrical but I don't have any info on what sensors control, or send the failsafe command to the computer, then to the tranny. HELP!!

97 Contour Sport V6. T-Red, KKM tru rev induction, Ford racing wires, Cooper Cobras GTH, A pillar gauge pods with ford racing gauges, Clifford Matrix alarm, painted red calipers, full bra, premium audio installed,LED's, Ford Racing seat belt pads. It's my baby!!! I love to pull up to a honda or a VW and blow their fast and furious doors off. Imports can suck my american exhaust!!!
#1038588 09/07/04 02:08 AM
B
CEG'er
CEG'er
B
When you say new valve body....is it rebuilt? Did the shop rebuild it or did they purchase and install a rebuilt valve body? Does it have the shift correction kit?

Does this problem happen when it is raining....going up a hill..., etc.

An ounce of prevention provides a pound of cure!
#1038589 09/07/04 03:58 AM
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Find a good tranny shop. Have them hook up gauges to the line and CT ports as well as a scanner to the OBD port. Then go for a ride with the tech. Do some hwy and local driving. The pressure gauges and the scanner should tell them all they need to know.

You seem to have a lot of mods. You might try removing some and see if the problem goes away.

jeff

have you fixed your ford lately?
#1038590 09/10/04 12:03 AM
I
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
I
the valve body was bought from a rebuilder and was supposedly completely tested. the problem is totally unpredictable. when the tranny goes into safety mode it's not supposed to go into overdrive, but it does. the car runs great on the highway, it's only shifts hard from first to second and second to third. i was with the mechanic when he test drove the car with the diagnostics hooked up and everthing was good then pow, it goes into safety mode. i'm at a loss, but thanks for your suggestions.

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard