Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
#1030279 08/25/04 08:06 PM
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
That 1st picture is a good PS.. But the reasoning behind welding your doors and handle is beyond me.. It won't look like a factory 2 door at all unless the doors were in fact longer.. If I saw that and didn't know what a Contour was, Id be saying to myself "they have all that extra room back there and didn't make it a 4 door?" I say don't even bother unless you just plan to shave the handles and use an electronic door opener.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
#1030280 08/26/04 03:29 PM
T
OP Offline
T
Ok to every one out there that had an idea about the inner door panels to be able to remove from the inside instead of having to have the door open, yes this is being thought about how to do it, and for the people that think the front doors should be longer, well that would loose all look of the contour, i want to keep the look of the contour just want to make it a 2 door instead of a 4 door. and the only reason i want to make it a 2 door, is because its all about custom. how many cars on the road or at car shows do you see that was 4 doors turned into 2 doors, i admit making the front door longer would make a little sence the dodge neons have 2 and 4 doors and the cavilers have 2 doors and 4 doors but any way ya know what i mean.has any one ever did a mod on rolling the back window all the way down and get rid of that child proof window. the only way i think would be posable would haing an extended track. and for the people that think im doing this in my back yard well your wrong, it is in a shop, my buddy that is doing this is good at the shaving and he is working on a 71 chevy right now he just droped the roof on it. but those that go to the showfest in mississippi well im planing on being there this may coming up.

#1030281 08/26/04 06:16 PM
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by TwoDoorContour:
has any one ever did a mod on rolling the back window all the way down and get rid of that child proof window. the only way i think would be posable would haing an extended track.

When you get your replacement side window for the one thats broken...hold it up to the outside of the door where you want to roll it down to & you'll see why it won't go down all the way, there is just no room.

Here is one old thread ...

1999 Sportage 4x4...don't go there, it was free ....______o_o .../_l l__\____\ ..|--l l__----[]\|/[] .....................oo =( )_)----( )_)--)_)
#1030282 08/26/04 07:29 PM
I
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
That 1st picture is a good PS.. But the reasoning behind welding your doors and handle is beyond me.. It won't look like a factory 2 door at all unless the doors were in fact longer.. If I saw that and didn't know what a Contour was, Id be saying to myself "they have all that extra room back there and didn't make it a 4 door?" I say don't even bother unless you just plan to shave the handles and use an electronic door opener.

Mark

its simply for pimp effect...nothing more.

Then I'd drop the backseats while you're at it and throw some racing seats up front w/ a welded in cage just for sh!ts in giggles...

IonNinja 2005 Saturn ION-2 Sedan 1996 Ford Contour GL - Collecting dust...Zetec project anyone?
#1030283 08/27/04 03:42 AM
K
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by TwoDoorContour:
has any one ever did a mod on rolling the back window all the way down and get rid of that child proof window. the only way i think would be posable would haing an extended track.

For this to work you'd have to be able to drop the window so low that the back end of it would be in the wheel well...

I'm curious to see how your project will turn out though.. You should take pictures at every step of the transformation!

Kyo 1997 Mystique GS Duratec ATX -- sold 2005 Focus ST - Quicker! - Still a Duratec!
#1030284 08/27/04 06:17 PM
M
M
If youre sweating the interior molding and stuff you shouldnt. If youre gonna be that extensive with modding it out itd be relatively simple to mod something similiar to what the newer Mustang convertables look like in the back seat.

Itll be a pain in the ass to mold it and get it the way you want it to look, but it can definetly be done, and done well.

Youll have to set up a few new screw holes though, but if you guys are good enough with the metal work to make it a 2 door then I really dont think youll have a problem with anything other then making the interior panel.

What I would do is use the smalles, but usable, bucket seats you can find for the back seat, mount them in the back to see what kind of room you have, mock up the size for the center console (maybe put a single sub for when it comes up to that hole in the back seat ) and see what kind of room you have after that. With that done youll be able to maybe use plexiglass or sheets of plastic if your not into bondo. Shape it so that the panels go behind the seats for a more cleaner look, and throw some screws in that part, then when it wraps around to the side from the back throw some screws near where the door seal would have been and end that piece.

To cover the rest of the side/door panel Id use a seperate piece this way itll be easily removed if you ever need to get at it. If you wanted you could even just remove the roll down windows and keep it with something that flips out like vans and SUVs have, or just like a real 2-door make the rear window just for show. The bonus with that is that you could probably throw another 2 speakers in each door to added sound if youre an audiophile.

Its all really easy to do when I explain it like that, but I can almost gurantee that once you get down to doing it and get in the groove itll go a lot smoother. Especially if you and youre friend have the right tools, imagination and time and patience to be able to mold and get it to look the way you want it.

For the center console in the back you could always throw a TV in it with videogames and crap, or even have a seperate audio system control in the back altogether. Make it sort of like a mini-SUV.

Keep us updated

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard