Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
P
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
P
How can i get some lost power back without spending major$$...(less than $200)...??? any suggestions??

[IMG]http://img35.photobucket.com/albums/v106/psychojetpilot/signature.jpg[/IMG]
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
How did you lose power?

'03 SRT-4 50 trim turbo + support
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by RyeLou:
How did you lose power?

Good question!!!

Generaly Speaking though, REGULAR MAINTANENCE!!!!!!

Oil changes, filter changes (air, fuel, oil), sparkplugs, wires, making sure air pressure in tires is good. check hoses (all hoses including vaccum!!!)...make sure no exahust leak's...intake leaks....list could go on and on...

Lupe

3.0 SVT hybrid...all the fixens...Track/Race ready very soon!!!!!! 20,000 + miles
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Be nice to it.

Buy it flowers.

Stop calling it names.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Get rid of all the stereo crap.

03 SONIC BLUE COBRA 99 BOLT (on life support) 99 CSVT 95 SHO MTX a couple of others!
P
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
P
will reaplacing the stock air filter with a K$N improve the power? does taking out the stock air box and gettin a addapter made up from my buddy, to bolt on a cone filter better? i've heard some mixed emotions about that....???

[IMG]http://img35.photobucket.com/albums/v106/psychojetpilot/signature.jpg[/IMG]
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by psychojetpilot:
will reaplacing the stock air filter with a K$N improve the power?

are you new to cars..? yes, it will help

does taking out the stock air box and gettin a addapter made up from my buddy, to bolt on a cone filter better?

Same question. Yes, it will help. I think you can spare the like $20 to actually buy one made for the car though.

i've heard some mixed emotions about that....???

no you havn't. no one has ever said anything bad about an adapter with an open element filter

again, where did your power go?

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
he could just be like me.......engine illiterate....

00SEMTXMeshgrill,KKM&K&N,Fogsmodded,17"MotegiFF5's,SilverELgauges,BlueLEDinterior,Knaubered Trubendzw/magnaflowhttp://www.sl33stak.com FSVT Smart pump
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
Perhaps. I feel like being nice for now so I'll break it down.

Get a MAF adaptor. They aren't very much at all. Get the proper sized K&N filter (don't know the part number off hand, but you could EASILY find it with a quick search). Hook those up for about $75, if that. After that your intake should be fine. Save the rest of your money and save some more for some exhaust mods. Then get some new springs and struts. Then get a torsen and a spec flywheel and clutch. Then call ADC and get a turbo. Then worry about your axles and traction. You can throw a 3L into there at any point along this process. I suggest you do it between the transmission stuff and the turbo kit. After you do all that, realize you've spent about $10,000 on a car you paid less than that for, but know that you will beat cars 100x more expensive on a road corse.

B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
first off, some level 2 or 3 vinyls will definetely make u go faster(street cred always does), level 2 paint, spoiler, and pipes, and some level 3 NOS to top it off

" 90 percent of all chevys are still on the road. The other 10 made it home " 98 se, 2.5 V6,black,ATX Cleared and silverstared, Hella Optilux, resonatorless, Kumho ECSTA 716s and Dunlop SP Sport A2s
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard