Next Thread
Print Thread
#1026194 08/12/04 04:25 AM
T
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
T
ok I did UIM cleaning today.. did not touch the lim ... now my question is I do not beleive anything got into the lower intake runners.. i had them covered but when I got the car back together.. the car will not turn over.. almost sounds like it has seized up... I change the oil after the cleaning and tightend some vacume lines but thats is.. I know the uim was dry when i got it back on.. and again i dont beleive anything could have gotten into the engine.. what do you guys think has happen.. I am of course thinking the worst and now having to find another engine??? please help me out with any insights you might have
Tim

"Give me my 2 dollars " 2000 cbr f4 98 svt silver frost intake gutted pre-cats y-pipe diablo chip borla tru-bendz exhaust functioning hood scoop soon to have piping leading to the filter eibach
#1026195 08/12/04 01:41 PM
N
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
N
not turning over at all? A battery issue? plugs and wires (coil pack) all connected back together correctly? No burnt out mega fuses or relays?

Anyone?

"Fear is the little death." Muadib.
#1026196 08/12/04 03:06 PM
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
does it make a clicking noise??? if so its your battery, if not you might wanna try removing the UIM again and looking for anything down there and possible removing the spark plugs and looking at each cylinder

i really doubt your engine seized up while you where doing a UIM cleaning unless you were running it really hard before and the engine overheated or had a lack or oil or something

98.5 Black SE ATX S&B filter, SVT MAF, optimized SVT TB, mesh grille, removed orange reflectors, painted rear reflector, gutted pre-cats, optimized SVT LIM, 19lb injectors, resonator removed cant afford an svt but lookin for 1 in nc
#1026197 08/12/04 03:07 PM
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
oh yeah did you replace the ECU fuses after you removed them to reset it?? just checking casue that will lead to a no start no turn over

also is the little red LED on your dash going crazy when you try and start the car if so your key may be messed up

98.5 Black SE ATX S&B filter, SVT MAF, optimized SVT TB, mesh grille, removed orange reflectors, painted rear reflector, gutted pre-cats, optimized SVT LIM, 19lb injectors, resonator removed cant afford an svt but lookin for 1 in nc
#1026198 08/12/04 04:08 PM
T
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
T
When i posted last night.. i gave up because i didnt want to get too upset. So today i will try the things you guys mentions.. There is no clicking noise from the starter.. the engine does sound like it wants to turn over.. I can here it but it sounds like it is just stuck.. thats why I automatically assumed the worst that it was a seized engine.. By chance and hopefully far chance if it is a seized engine.. is there anything I can try to do to save her? please let me know everyone and ill wil keep you all informed of my progress
Thank
Tim

"Give me my 2 dollars " 2000 cbr f4 98 svt silver frost intake gutted pre-cats y-pipe diablo chip borla tru-bendz exhaust functioning hood scoop soon to have piping leading to the filter eibach
#1026199 08/13/04 02:29 AM
N
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
N
I just can't imagine it's seized.

You sure on that battery and what Gearhead mentioned on the PCM?

It's definately not seized! I'll state Gearheads reputation on it

"Fear is the little death." Muadib.
#1026200 08/15/04 04:22 AM
T
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
T
Thanks for all the info and moral support on this one! LOL I though it was the worst and it turned out not to be.. my starter went out of nowhere! WHHEEEWWWW thank goodness HA HA. not too hard to get at all.. followed the how to on it.. and it took maybe an hour tops.. autozone had her in stock.. 140 .. she is all back together and now with the uim clean she is a new car.. runs sooo smooth now.. again thanks for all the support and feedback guys.. I think CEG should get some kind of award.. MTV's most helpful and best site ever??
Tim

#1026201 08/15/04 04:42 AM
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by timmaayyf4:
Thanks for all the info and moral support on this one! LOL I though it was the worst and it turned out not to be.. my starter went out of nowhere! WHHEEEWWWW thank goodness HA HA. not too hard to get at all.. followed the how to on it.. and it took maybe an hour tops.. autozone had her in stock.. 140 .. she is all back together and now with the uim clean she is a new car.. runs sooo smooth now.. again thanks for all the support and feedback guys.. I think CEG should get some kind of award.. MTV's most helpful and best site ever??
Tim

Holy crap Tim!! I saw your post & thought the worst! Glad you got her back on the road.

We on for the Dragon run?? I'm thinkin' we take off on Thursday morning & stop north of Atlanta, then head out to the Dragon on Friday morning to scout the roads & unload for the weekend....

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard