Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
I don't know if the cable is snapped or what. I can hear a clicking in the engine compartment when I pull the hood release inside the car.
I found a piece of white plastic on the garage floor that looks like it may be from the cable assy.
Is there any way I can open the hood manually? After I get it open, I can rig something until I have the time to fix it right.

Dan B. 96 SE 2.5 auto
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
This happened to me to.

I had a shop do mine, by I watched the guy for a while do it.
Down by your drivers side feet, where that fuel pump cut off, remove that plastic housing down there. First see if the cable fell of the track type thing.
For me I forget the what exactly by something broke apart causing the cable not to be pulled, and it had to be epoxyed back together.

Also on a side note under your hood, buy some PB blaster and lubricate the hatch assembly every 6 months to keep it in good working condition.

Hope that helps.

D
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
The cable is still attached to the release lever inside the car. Something wrong on other end.
I need to try and release lock some other way, probably from grill area.

Dan B. 96 SE 2.5 auto
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
Take it in for an oil change. Let them figure it out.

99 SE Sport 2.5L ATX
K
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
Same thing happens to me some times, try going around the lever and physicaly pushing the cable down.

Brett The man thinks its best for everyones safty if i dont drive for 6 months '95 Moonlight Blue Contour (ITS ALIVE AGAIN!) MODS: Knauberized,Reverse Indiglo Gauges,LED's,AEM Intake,Rust holes for more power!
D
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
I took some pliers and pulled the cable behind the lever.
No dice.

Dan B. 96 SE 2.5 auto

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard