Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
T
Ok Here is the problem.. I have gutted pre-cats and i have the mil eliminators.. My Air/fuel ratio guage at idle is on the far lean point.. when driving at half throttle wich seems to have the most power also to my butt it stays in the stoich area and when i hit about 5000-5500 rpms still at half throttle the guage flys over to the lean part and then off the scale.. Now at full throttle it obviously goes off the scale right away..
My car has 104000 miles.. new fuel pump.. wires and sparks are about 25000 miles old(all are what everyone suggest to get auto double plat and stock ford wires) I have a trubendz exhaust and a diablo chip tuned for intake and exhaust.. I have not done the UIM cleaning but I have done the way that you use the vacume line with some b12 cleaner and it works pretty well..
What would cause my car to run so lean? I have searched tons and tons last night and found a lot on bad o2 sensors, not enough spark, and fuel pump... what would you guys suggest on my first step... I have not had a diagnostics done jsut yet.. i will try to get it on saturday or sunday.. any ideas or suggestions would be great
Thanks

"Give me my 2 dollars " 2000 cbr f4 98 svt silver frost intake gutted pre-cats y-pipe diablo chip borla tru-bendz exhaust functioning hood scoop soon to have piping leading to the filter eibach
K
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
K
i think since you have mil eliminators your A/F gauge is screwed anyway. if nothing else, it wouldnt read right since the mils are making it read constant one way or another anyway.

i could very well be wrong, but thats my first thought.

#4559 of 6535 born on Feb 17, 1998 Black 1998.5 CSVT FOR SALE [cleaning house]: SVT rear swaybar. Reasonable offer and its yours!
T
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
T
I dont think it is the mil eliminators.. they are fooling the computer to "think" the cats are still there... I have also noticed that my vac pressure at idle is around 17-18 psi.. could this be a small vacume leak.. the search brought me to find that we should be at 20 at idle correct? And if this is so, then would a small vacume leak casue my car to run lean and hesitate at full throttle..
any ideas please post.. im getting kinda lost at where i should start... I figured first to replace plugs and wires and go from there..
Tim

"Give me my 2 dollars " 2000 cbr f4 98 svt silver frost intake gutted pre-cats y-pipe diablo chip borla tru-bendz exhaust functioning hood scoop soon to have piping leading to the filter eibach

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard