Print Thread
#1022270 08/06/04 10:54 PM
M
Mohaj Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
M
So I'm having some issues with my 2000 CSVT. I had the car in for it's 60,000 about a month ago, they cleaned the fuel injectors, ect... well now my car is stalling when I come to a stop. Don't know how many times this happend to me today, but it's got me heated. It's been a wet day here in Seattle so I don't know if that would have anything to do with it, I sure as hell hope it wouldn't. This happend two times in the 2 weeks prior to this, but otherwise the car has been nothing but good to me.

Anyone else experinced this or had any input?
I'm taking it in to the Ford Dealership on Monday.

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
As with most stalling/idle issues it's probably because when you took it in the shop, they hosed down the engine bay and got water in the distributor. Let it air dry for a few hours, and you'll be fine.

Ahhhh just kidding, it's probably your IAC valve, search around for it, you'll find all the info you need.

* Marine Officer Candidate * My Cardomain Page 1998 EO Black SVTC #3388
M
Mohaj Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
M
Well a friend of mine told me I could get better milage outta the car if I added water to the gas tank, he was saying it was especially good for CSVT's

I saw that thing about the IAC on this site and was gonna check it as soon as it dried up a little out here in the northwest, lol

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard