Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
S
I have seen a lot of posts about this recently, but none of them seem to cover my problem.
I have done the TH fix and for two years it has been fine, recently the throttle has been hanging very badly sometimes between shifts. The rpm's will drop to 2000-2500 and stay there for a few seconds before dropping further.
The car idles perfectly and I can not get the rpm's to hang while sitting still, only happens between shifts. My throttle and cruise cables appear to be working properly.
Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

Dueling Duratecs '95 SE V6 MTX 0 Mods '04 Mazda6 S Wagon '03 Kawasaki Z1000 But thus do I counsel you, my friends: distrust all in whom the impulse to punish is powerful! Friedrich Nietzsche
N
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
N
Sounds like it was before you did the TH fix. That's how mine is all the time.

You sure that cap is still there? Original mod you did still all together? No visible broken pieces or vacuum line?

"Fear is the little death." Muadib.
S
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Nate'sTour:
Sounds like it was before you did the TH fix. That's how mine is all the time.

You sure that cap is still there? Original mod you did still all together? No visible broken pieces or vacuum line?

I know the cap is still there. I didn't check very dilligently for vacuum leaks because the idle rpm and smoothness has never wavered.
However you've given me an idea to check if air is getting around the cap I installed for TH fix. It may not be as snug as it used to be.

Dueling Duratecs '95 SE V6 MTX 0 Mods '04 Mazda6 S Wagon '03 Kawasaki Z1000 But thus do I counsel you, my friends: distrust all in whom the impulse to punish is powerful! Friedrich Nietzsche
S
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
S
Well the restricter plug is still snug in the hose. Anyone else have any ideas?

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Are you sure it is not the IAC. My SVT was doing this until I replaced the IAC.

2003 Toyota Matrix 1972 Pontiac Ventura II "Sprint" 1998 SVT !SOLD!
S
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
S
Can it be the IAC if the idle is fine? I thought from reading previous posts on this that the idle would be irregular if the IAC is bad.

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard