Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
S
Just wondering if a 1998 svt engine will fit easily in a 1999 automatic contour?

RED 98 3L SVT Contour Mods: 3 Liter block,DMD,Magencor Wires,resonator removed,Borla exaust,mystery mod,BAT Handling Kit,and extras
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Sure it's possible (same basic engine) but why use cruel and unusual punishment on such a nice engine.

That's just downright inhumane man!!!

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
Can't you get a 3L cheaper? A 3L automatic has been done before by Russel3L.

But yes, an automatic on such a fine engine, SVT or 3L is indeed inhumane!

T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
this begs the question... is there something wrong with your V-6?

If not you can just bring some parts over from the SVT engine & have much the same effect.

If you do need a new engine, the better option would be a late model 3L, pretty easy bolt up, with minor mods required. No oiling issues, better performance, and most likely less expensive, by far.

Doesn't the SVT engine output shaft require some modding Demon?? I recall reading something along those lines...

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
S
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
S
The reason i ask is because a cousin i know has a 1999 contour that is automatic. The 4 cylinder engine is blown and lucky i have a complete 1998 svt engine in my garage. I really hate puting such a great engine in an auto but was just wondering. thanks

RED 98 3L SVT Contour Mods: 3 Liter block,DMD,Magencor Wires,resonator removed,Borla exaust,mystery mod,BAT Handling Kit,and extras
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by SVTLAY:
The reason i ask is because a cousin i know has a 1999 contour that is automatic. The 4 cylinder engine is blown and lucky i have a complete 1998 svt engine in my garage. I really hate puting such a great engine in an auto but was just wondering. thanks

See now you are talking something completely different.

You'd need A HELL OF A LOT more then just the engine.

You'd need the entire front half of a V6 car plus the wiring harnesses and a custom chip.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
U
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
U
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
Originally posted by SVTLAY:

See now you are talking something completely different.

You'd need A HELL OF A LOT more then just the engine.

You'd need the entire front half of a V6 car plus the wiring harnesses and a custom chip.

Add to that another tranny. The V6 will not work with a 4 cyl tranny. Besides the bellhousing being different and not able to be removed (IIRC), the input shafts are different lengths as well as many other things on the inside.

Phillip Jackson `98 Mystique LS 262K+ and counting... ATX rebuilt @ 151K "This storm has broken me, my only friend!" RIP Dime
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Originally posted by rkneeshaw:
Can't you get a 3L cheaper? A 3L automatic has been done before by Russel3L.

And A2Steve.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard