Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
Last night, while visiting my parents some loser backed into my car ! I suspect the neighbor across the street, but I have NO way to prove it. The neighbor has a big Dodge Ram, and where my car was hit was high up on the rear tail light, and the corner of the trunk lid. I spoke to him, and he told me his wife had the truck last night. He said he asked her and she said she didn't hit anything. How frustrating! I'm almost 100% sure she hit my car.

I want my car to be fixed, 100% perfect! I'm a real pain in the ass when it comes to body work. I live in Royal Oak, do any of you guys here know of a very good body shop who can fix my car the correct way? I am going to need some sheet metal work, a new tail light, and a new rear fascia, and paint.

Before this, my car was PERFECT. I want my car to be as perfect as I can get it. I think after I get it fixed, I am going to build a shrine around my car, and never drive it again!

1999 Tropic green CSVT #867 -Custom Seat Graphics sold at:www.permatechdetroit.com -My ride:http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/371073
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
What color was the truck? Did it leave that color paint on your car to prove/disprove that this guy or his wife backed into you?

Alternatively, did you examine the truck (without them seeing) to see if your green paint ended up on their truck. Either way if you find prooth then go after the lying sacks of smeg!

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
B
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by Stazi the Aussie:
What color was the truck? Did it leave that color paint on your car to prove/disprove that this guy or his wife backed into you?

Alternatively, did you examine the truck (without them seeing) to see if your green paint ended up on their truck. Either way if you find prooth then go after the lying sacks of smeg!

Their truck has a chrome bumper so there is no paint off of their truck. My paint did not come off, it just got pushed in. This happened last night in the dark. I plan on running over there today and look at his truck to see if the bumper is scratched.

1999 Tropic green CSVT #867 -Custom Seat Graphics sold at:www.permatechdetroit.com -My ride:http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/371073
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
There is a place called Autometric Collision that is on the east side of Main street between 11 and 12 mile. I've heard good things about them, but I hear you pay a higher price for it, too.

'03 SRT-4 50 trim turbo + support
B
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
I just got an estimate from my insurance's "prefered collision shop" for $431.28! Damn I wish people would learn how to drive!

M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by RyeLou:
There is a place called Autometric Collision that is on the east side of Main street between 11 and 12 mile. I've heard good things about them, but I hear you pay a higher price for it, too.

I've been there, they do good work.

BTW i live in Royal Oak.

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
Originally posted by RyeLou:

I've heard nothing but good things about all the Autometrics and Ryan is right, they do cost a bit more but you get what you pay for here

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
B
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
Just got my car back today from Berkley Collision. It looks near perfect. I can not even tell where they repaired it. They blended the paint into the quarter panal so that it would match better. Looks great again! Now if I can just keep stupid people from backing into me, I will be happy.

By the way, I am sending the broken tail light to my parents neighbor (who will not admit his wife hit me in HIS Dodge Ram truck). In some small way, that will make me a little happier!

A
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
A
that blows, I hate it when people drive cars that they cant handle. But the most I can say for you is that Sh!t happens, will your insurance cover it?

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?
W
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
W
That blows dude, good thing you got it fixed right though! Same thing happened to me not too long ago, was so pissed. How did it turn out... what all did they have to replace? Obviously they had to replace the light (did you actually end up sending it to the guy?! That's hilarious!) and the rear quarter was probibly bumped back, but you mentioned the rear facia... did you have to replace the rear bumper too? What about those little body filler things that the key hole is in? Where mine was hit, it dinged the rear panel above the bumper, slid on the bumper and cracked that big red reflector. Bill was over 700 bucks! Made me so mad.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  WorldTour_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard