Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: LoCo Tell me why the SC doesn't fit? - 07/11/02 10:23 AM
I was looking at this at Focaljet. Notice how low the SC sits. The only problem I see is where the TB sits. Now tell me why this would not work with little modification? Jeez the battery even sits in the same spot. :rolleyes:
Posted By: TheGreatOne Re: Tell me why the SC doesn't fit? - 07/11/02 11:07 AM
ok, on the contour, there is no room between the firewall and engine...right where that SC is
Posted By: LoCo Re: Tell me why the SC doesn't fit? - 07/11/02 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by TheGreatOne:
ok, on the contour, there is no room between the firewall and engine...right where that SC is
We got more room than you'd think. I have to go measure my friend's ZX3 now to confirm that. wink
Posted By: redhawk Re: Tell me why the SC doesn't fit? - 07/11/02 12:16 PM
Based on what I have read on focaljet and others, the question may be moot.

$3000 for 50 hp at the wheels.
Posted By: ZetecRacing Re: Tell me why the SC doesn't fit? - 07/11/02 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by redhawk:
Based on what I have read on focaljet and others, the question may be moot.

$3000 for 50 hp at the wheels.
they have a 8psi kit now too but cost more and it is more than a 50whp increase wink
Posted By: LoCo Re: Tell me why the SC doesn't fit? - 07/12/02 06:05 AM
But that is my point. Terry's stage 1 kit (about $3600+) will only give you 180hp at the crank. You put one of these,50hp at the wheels plus a smaller pulley to up boost and you got yourself a pretty good deal for $2500 for the SC and ?? for the pulley. wink
Posted By: ZetecRacing Re: Tell me why the SC doesn't fit? - 07/12/02 06:08 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by LoCo:
But that is my point. Terry's stage 1 kit (about $3600+) will only give you 180hp at the crank. You put one of these,50hp at the wheels plus a smaller pulley to up boost and you got yourself a pretty good deal for $2500 for the SC and ?? for the pulley. wink
there is more than just apulley needed with the 8psi kit BTW...
Posted By: LoCo Re: Tell me why the SC doesn't fit? - 07/16/02 10:57 AM
Here is some more pics. This is looking pretty good. Notice the height where the TB is. Not much different than our CTAs. wink

Posted By: Giovanni Re: Tell me why the SC doesn't fit? - 07/16/02 02:54 PM
Quote:
I would be more worried about how much torque you are getting.

LoCo, are you talking about the Stage 1 kit at www.demondynamics.co.uk? If not ignore my doped-ass (see Rice Percentage thread)...but there Stage 1 kit is 190-220+BHP which is a big difference than 190-220+HP...
Posted By: LoCo Re: Tell me why the SC doesn't fit? - 07/17/02 05:44 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Giovanni:
Quote:
[b]But that is my point. Terry's stage 1 kit (about $3600+) will only give you 180hp at the crank. You put one of these,50hp at the wheels plus a smaller pulley to up boost and you got yourself a pretty good deal for $2500 for the SC and ?? for the pulley. wink
I would be more worried about how much torque you are getting.

LoCo, are you talking about the Stage 1 kit at www.demondynamics.co.uk? If not ignore my doped-ass (see Rice Percentage thread)...but there Stage 1 kit is 190-220+BHP which is a big difference than 190-220+HP...[/b]
Yes that is the kit I am talking about. Well first I am talking about for me. I have a ATX so anything above 200 Hp is really out of the question. I really don't have the money to mod the ATX too. That is why I brought this whole SC thing up. It gives you some pretty good numbers (about 50 hp to wheels), cheaper by a grand, and gives you power as soon as you step on the gas. It was brought up before but it was said that it would not fit. I'm seeing pics showing me that it is a strong possibility that it will fit. laugh
Posted By: redhawk Re: Tell me why the SC doesn't fit? - 07/17/02 12:12 PM
Hey Hector... how far are you from where they make the SC?
Posted By: slowpoke Re: Tell me why the SC doesn't fit? - 07/17/02 03:18 PM
As I posted a while back My Mystaque has more clearance than a 01 focus by 1/2" more hood clearance too, I cant see why it woudn't work belts are exactly the same also. Whos got 3k to try?
Posted By: I-Dom-In-8 Re: Tell me why the SC doesn't fit? - 07/17/02 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by slowpoke:
As I posted a while back My Mystaque has more clearance than a 01 focus by 1/2" more hood clearance too, I cant see why it woudn't work belts are exactly the same also. Whos got 3k to try?
This is what we are talking about, Hector and myself look at our buddys ZX3 and we are pretty sure it will work, Might take some extra word but i know if anyone is gonna do it its gonna be Hector. cool
Posted By: sqplus Re: Tell me why the SC doesn't fit? - 07/17/02 08:59 PM
Just a couple things;

1. Some of the numbers posted are incorrect. Last time I talked with Lee(of Demon)the price for a stage one kit came out to about $2800. Thats only $300 more than the SC kit and is much more upgradeable than the SC. The kit that is $3600 is the next level up, with the stage three kit being in excess of $5000. Email Lee and ask for the price of all three Turbo kits...he'll send them in pounds but you just have to go convert them so the actual price varies from day to day.

2. There IS a strong possiblity of the SC working giving the clearance issues we though existed don't seem to exist anymore. I whole heartedly support anyone who attempts to do this! Good Luck.
Posted By: OhSigmaChi Re: Tell me why the SC doesn't fit? - 07/17/02 10:57 PM
Hector,
Here is a good game plan for you, find a used intake mnfld. from a first year Focus and a focus TB, if you can get that setup to fit and work you are in!! And this way you don't have to shell out the big bucks for the S/C kit without knowing whether it will work or not. BTW the first year FOcus manifolds are supposed to flow better.
Posted By: Carter Re: Tell me why the SC doesn't fit? - 07/17/02 11:31 PM
I think this supercharger involves unbolting the intake manifold,this is where i believe the problem might be someone told me the manifolds may bolt on differently..anyone checked it out? i also believe one may be able to unbolt the focus's manifold from the sc and bolt the sc onto the contour manifold would that work? :rolleyes: ...im with hector though...if it will fit im down to get one lets say ..next year?
Posted By: Simon96SE Re: Tell me why the SC doesn't fit? - 07/18/02 12:07 AM
Quote:
I was looking at this at Focaljet. Notice how low the SC sits. The only problem I see is where the TB sits. Now tell me why this would not work with little modification? Jeez the battery even sits in the same spot. :rolleyes:
Forget the S/C....Just look at the size of that filter!!!! eek eek eek I don't think I have EVER seen one that big.
Posted By: LoCo Re: Tell me why the SC doesn't fit? - 07/18/02 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by sqplus:
Just a couple things;

1. Some of the numbers posted are incorrect. Last time I talked with Lee(of Demon)the price for a stage one kit came out to about $2800. Thats only $300 more than the SC kit and is much more upgradeable than the SC. The kit that is $3600 is the next level up, with the stage three kit being in excess of $5000. Email Lee and ask for the price of all three Turbo kits...he'll send them in pounds but you just have to go convert them so the actual price varies from day to day.

2. There IS a strong possiblity of the SC working giving the clearance issues we though existed don't seem to exist anymore. I whole heartedly support anyone who attempts to do this! Good Luck.
Well Like I explained for $300 (turbo)more I will get a kit that will give me around the same HP as the SC. I can't really go with the stage 2 (stupid ATX) so that is not really an option right now. Right now I am just throwing ideas out there. If this is what I go with it will be done during the winter.

With the intake manifold I am really not worried. It was said the header would not match the bolt pattern on the Contour and it did so I have no doubt that this will be any different. As long as the bolts match up it should be fine because I believe the SC kit comes with a different IM so the SC can sit on top. My only issue is to see if the bolt pattern is the same and if the Contour TB is going to work. We will see. wink Thanks for the support. smile
Posted By: Sasmaster6000 Re: Tell me why the SC doesn't fit? - 07/18/02 07:44 AM
This would go great with my rebuild
Posted By: ZetecRacing Re: Tell me why the SC doesn't fit? - 07/18/02 12:53 PM
Quote:
It was said the header would not match the bolt pattern on the Contour and it did so I have no doubt that this will be any different.
UMMMM hector... it was determined that the bolt patteren was the same for all Zetecs LONG before you got the header.
Posted By: Sasmaster6000 Re: Tell me why the SC doesn't fit? - 07/18/02 08:27 PM
Oh by the way, the SC price is at $3500
Posted By: JonsZX2SR Re: Tell me why the SC doesn't fit? - 07/18/02 08:56 PM
I have also been checking this out for the ZX2 Zetec. Apparently for the VCT ZX2 (and probably the VCT 'Tour as well) there is no support for the PCM mods that are needed.

Damn...
Posted By: OhSigmaChi Re: Tell me why the SC doesn't fit? - 07/18/02 10:31 PM
Man that sucks, surely you can get a custom chip to take care of timing and fuel? Don't the VCT engines also have returnless fuel systems, or is that a completely separate issue?
Posted By: ZetecRacing Re: Tell me why the SC doesn't fit? - 07/18/02 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by JonsZX2SR:
I have also been checking this out for the ZX2 Zetec. Apparently for the VCT ZX2 (and probably the VCT 'Tour as well) there is no support for the PCM mods that are needed.

Damn...
BINGO
Posted By: ZetecRacing Re: Tell me why the SC doesn't fit? - 07/18/02 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by OhSigmaChi:
Don't the VCT engines also have returnless fuel systems, or is that a completely separate issue?
returnless wouldn't be an issue ALL focus are returnless.. but not all Zetec tours are. and there is yet another issue and reason why it will cost hector or anyone else more to make this work than a turbo from terry.
Posted By: LoCo Re: Tell me why the SC doesn't fit? - 07/19/02 05:53 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by ZetecRacing:
Quote:
Originally posted by OhSigmaChi:
[b]Don't the VCT engines also have returnless fuel systems, or is that a completely separate issue?
returnless wouldn't be an issue ALL focus are returnless.. but not all Zetec tours are. and there is yet another issue and reason why it will cost hector or anyone else more to make this work than a turbo from terry.[/b]
Tell me again why it won't work with the returnless system? Tell me if the SC won't work why would the TC? To me it is all BS. Terry is supposedly god to the Contour. Now if a Focus TC won't fit the Contour why would HIS kit fit the Contour, ZX2, Focus, and the Escape? Think about it. How is that possible?

Contour and the ZX2 are the only cars with the VCT other than the Focus SVT (on intake cam instead). But yet the Focus SVT CAN be fitted with a SC despite the fact it 1) has the VCT and 2)its high compression ratio(10.5.1 to the late model Contours 10.1). HMMMM now tell me why there is so many problems with trying to get this to work on a Contour with the VCT?

Exactly. You won't ever know if you try. There is too many theories going around with not enough people willing to try and test these theories. I can't sit here and wait for an aftermarket to drop into our laps because it is not going to happen. wink
Posted By: ZetecRacing Re: Tell me why the SC doesn't fit? - 07/19/02 10:45 PM
Quote:
Tell me again why it won't work with the returnless system? Tell me if the SC won't work why would the TC? To me it is all BS. Terry is supposedly god to the Contour. Now if a Focus TC won't fit the Contour why would [b]HIS kit fit the Contour, ZX2, Focus, and the Escape? Think about it. How is that possible?

Contour and the ZX2 are the only cars with the VCT other than the Focus SVT (on intake cam instead). But yet the Focus SVT CAN be fitted with a SC despite the fact it 1) has the VCT and 2)its high compression ratio(10.5.1 to the late model Contours 10.1). HMMMM now tell me why there is so many problems with trying to get this to work on a Contour with the VCT?

Exactly. You won't ever know if you try. There is too many theories going around with not enough people willing to try and test these theories. I can't sit here and wait for an aftermarket to drop into our laps because it is not going to happen. wink [/b]
1 I said the returnless fuel system YOU have isn't an ISSUE please learn to read all of what I said. thanks.
2 what are you gonna do for fuel management??? they don't have anything for the VCT on a contour.
3 the SVT focus uses a DIFFERENT kit. and the VCT is on the intake NOT the Exaust cam.
4 how is terry's possiable on all Zetecs cause he uses a different fuel management for one... and I'm sure terry could tell you more reasons.
Posted By: mikey boy Re: Tell me why the SC doesn't fit? - 07/20/02 05:58 AM
hector go for it! when you do get it done watch the non-believers try to say they were with you all along. then sit back and laugh at them. it always happens that way. keep up the great work. smile
Posted By: sosaudio Re: Tell me why the SC doesn't fit? - 07/20/02 06:43 AM
OK I am game!
Now to more pressing issues!

Who wants to give me $3000?

Hector, read my sig! That is what it is all about!

Make it work! Who ever would've thought 5 years ago that 4cyl or 6cyl cars would make gobs and gobs of power.

Remember, we are leveling the playing fields and hey, if I had the cash to do it, it would be done and believe me you would hear about it.

Later
Rich
Posted By: LoCo Re: Tell me why the SC doesn't fit? - 07/20/02 06:50 AM
Quote:
Quote:
[b]Tell me again why it won't work with the returnless system? Tell me if the SC won't work why would the TC? To me it is all BS. Terry is supposedly god to the Contour. Now if a Focus TC won't fit the Contour why would [b]HIS kit fit the Contour, ZX2, Focus, and the Escape? Think about it. How is that possible?

Exactly. You won't ever know if you try. There is too many theories going around with not enough people willing to try and test these theories. I can't sit here and wait for an aftermarket to drop into our laps because it is not going to happen. wink [/b]
1 I said the returnless fuel system YOU have isn't an ISSUE please learn to read all of what I said. thanks.
2 what are you gonna do for fuel management??? they don't have anything for the VCT on a contour.
3 the SVT focus uses a DIFFERENT kit. and the VCT is on the intake NOT the Exaust cam.
4 how is terry's possiable on all Zetecs cause he uses a different fuel management for one... and I'm sure terry could tell you more reasons.[/b]
1. Sorry
2. You mean to tell me that bigger injectors and my chip custom burned does not work on my VCT?
3. I was talking about the SC and the Focus SVT in general, VCT speaking. Read again I said INTAKE cam. wink
4. I was talking about how 1 kit is going to fit all the different Zetecs, VCT or not. I know for a fact that the exhaust tubing would have to be different, from my experience with the downpipe from the header.

Quote:
Originally posted by mikey boy:
hector go for it! when you do get it done watch the non-believers try to say they were with you all along. then sit back and laugh at them. it always happens that way. keep up the great work. smile
Thanks Mike. Some people act like I haven't done some research on this. I try different things on the Zetec. I don't like being confined. laugh
Posted By: ZetecRacing Re: Tell me why the SC doesn't fit? - 07/20/02 10:19 AM
OK here SC $3500 + larger injectors + dyno tuning for your CUSTOM chip + labor + additional parts + any unforseen problems = ALOT MORE MONEY THAN A TURBO DESIGNED FOR YOUR CAR AT THE SAME HP LEVEL.

but it's your money if you really want to see if you can get it to work go for it.
IF you can get it to work that's cool hope it's worth all the time money and efforts for the gains you get.
and with that said I'm done with this topic.
Posted By: LoCo Re: Tell me why the SC doesn't fit? - 07/20/02 12:22 PM
Quote:
OK here SC $3500 + larger injectors + dyno tuning for your CUSTOM chip + labor + additional parts + any unforseen problems = ALOT MORE MONEY THAN A TURBO DESIGNED FOR YOUR CAR AT THE SAME HP LEVEL.

but it's your money if you really want to see if you can get it to work go for it.
IF you can get it to work that's cool hope it's worth all the time money and efforts for the gains you get.
and with that said I'm done with this topic.
I was going (and have) to get the chip dyno tuned and bigger injectors for the turbo kit anyway. Also the SC is $2500 not $3500. wink

What I don't understand is why you keep on saying that I shouldn't do it and saying this and that won't work. If nobody tries it we will never know. I have been researching and I might just have one in car before I buy one. wink There are going to be the same issues as a TC (more fuel, etc) so why not try the SC for the lesser of the two moneywise. Especially if I get the same gain. I like the drivability, dependability, and emissions friendiness of the SC. THAT is why I am trying it.

I have no MTX to rev up to the boost range with TC so there WILL be turbo lag. I won't have to change anything on the exhaust (*cough* Header *cough*) for backpressure issues on the TC. I won't have emissions problems when that comes up (stupid IL) Do you want any more reasons why I a doing this?
Posted By: Paul Kienitz Re: Tell me why the SC doesn't fit? - 07/21/02 06:08 AM
Quote:
I was going (and have) to get the chip dyno tuned and bigger injectors for the turbo kit anyway. Also the SC is $2500 not $3500. wink
At this point, all the reasons not to do it boil down to the idea that it was $3500, not $2500. If it is in fact $3500, he has a valid point. If it's $2500, you're making a lot of sense. Just take some careful clearance measurements and research the intake manifold bolt pattern, and you're there.

(EDIT) Oh, I just thought of something. Does the focus have its alternator in the same place ours is? I wonder about this because ours is right between where that supercharger goes, and the serpentine belt that presumably is what powers it.
Posted By: ZetecRacing Re: Tell me why the SC doesn't fit? - 07/22/02 01:26 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Paul Kienitz:
At this point, all the reasons not to do it boil down to the idea that it was $3500, not $2500. If it is in fact $3500, he has a valid point. If it's $2500, you're making a lot of sense. Just take some careful clearance measurements and research the intake manifold bolt pattern, and you're there.

(EDIT) Oh, I just thought of something. Does the focus have its alternator in the same place ours is? I wonder about this because ours is right between where that supercharger goes, and the serpentine belt that presumably is what powers it.
guess looks like ANOTHER ISSUE one didn't think of... even if it is ONLY $2500 and then add in ALL the custom parts is will move REAL quick past the cost of the turbo.
BTW hector who do you know what can custom burn a chip for you for this... and why haven't you sent me to him since diablo and superchips don't make one for my code?
Posted By: Sasmaster6000 Re: Tell me why the SC doesn't fit? - 07/22/02 01:57 AM
Ok Im going to step in Hector's side of the ring here. First off, the alternator does not pose a problem, JC supplies a custom mount with the kit. Dont believe me? Look at this:

Still dont believe me? You have mad probs.

Second. As a fellow ATX owner I would take the SC over the TC in a flash. The TC provides twice the installation work if not more, which in turn increases the total price.

Third. The plumbing recuired with the TC adds overall weight to the car, lowering the performance. On top of that, the plumbing most likely requires the battery to be relocated which further increases the total price.

Fourth. If im not mistaken the TC requires the oil pan to be tapped. What does that mean? In laymens terms, an increase in the total price.
Posted By: ZetecPowa Re: Tell me why the SC doesn't fit? - 07/22/02 03:26 AM
Hector!!! Get the suprcharger!! Enough said!! Plus you will have to show me how to do the install when I purchase one for the Focus. Remember the guy who Kevin and I told you about could probally help us out a little with the install if needed. I will call him and see how much he wants for the install. Little Joe, why would Hector tell you where he can get a chip custom burned for you when all you ever do is put down his ideas for his car. You always contradict everything he says! I have an idea Joe. Start reading up a little more and actually try some things yourself. You will find out this is better than reading brouchures and manuals!!! Hector! Get the supercharger!!!!!! laugh laugh
Posted By: redhawk Re: Tell me why the SC doesn't fit? - 07/22/02 12:22 PM
Ok... breathe...

Joe and Hector are having a back and forth... let them.

This is good for all of us to see some of the issues and remedies for an SC.

As far as the cost, the installation of the TC kit can only be done by one person (HMS) correct? And that installation requires tearing the engine down to the head. Does the $3500 for the TC include installation, transportation and a rental while the work is being done?

Didn't think so...

Granted, Hector isn't too far from Terry but...
Posted By: ZetecRacing Re: Tell me why the SC doesn't fit? - 07/22/02 10:08 PM
Quote:
Ok... breathe...

As far as the cost, the installation of the TC kit can only be done by one person (HMS) correct? And that installation requires tearing the engine down to the head. Does the $3500 for the TC include installation, transportation and a rental while the work is being done?

Didn't think so...

tery told me on a good motor the 200hp kit dosn't require any engine teardown.
Posted By: LoCo Re: Tell me why the SC doesn't fit? - 07/23/02 06:13 AM
Quote:
Quote:
[b]Ok... breathe...

Didn't think so...

tery told me on a good motor the 200hp kit dosn't require any engine teardown.[/b]
Get the story straight please. The turbo kit comes with a decompression gasket for the heads. wink With the SC and the 4 psi of boost decompression is not an issue until I raise the boost(smaller pulley wink ) So let's see I can bolt on the SC but Terry would have to install the TC. Wonder what is gonna cost more?
Posted By: T-red2000se Re: Tell me why the SC doesn't fit? - 07/23/02 10:34 PM
Would you two just have sex already? Gawd, you bicker like you're married! :p
Posted By: ZetecPowa Re: Tell me why the SC doesn't fit? - 07/23/02 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by T-red2000se:
Would you two just have sex already? Gawd, you bicker like you're married! :p
Did anybody else just lose all hope of ever seeing again??? Time to get corrective eye surgery, and that probably still won't help.
laugh eek
Posted By: T-red2000se Re: Tell me why the SC doesn't fit? - 07/23/02 11:02 PM
I never said anyone had to watch!

T-Red: Doing his part to make the CEG a better place.
Posted By: Paul Kienitz Re: Tell me why the SC doesn't fit? - 07/24/02 01:53 AM
Quote:
With the SC and the 4 psi of boost decompression is not an issue until I raise the boost(smaller pulley wink )
Does this supercharger have a waste gate to control extra compression, or is it just sort of naturally synchronized with the engine's air demand?

From the shape of the box, it looks like this is a twin screw, right?

I wonder how well the stock computer program would work with it... if you just use an oversized Focus MAF to give it a good consumption rate signal, it might not work too badly.

The ideal blower I dream of would be a centrifugal compressor powered by an electric motor, electronically regulated by a pressure sensor to provide just the desired amount of boost... like, from mid to max throttle, the boost would go smoothly from zero to your desired limit, with extra spin-up power being applied when the throttle opens rapidly. Both SC and TC blowers consume more engine power than you need most of the time, in order to have enough when you do need it. An electric design should, in theory, get more horsepower per gallon of gas than either... especially if combined with a WOT alternator cutoff.
Posted By: sqplus Re: Tell me why the SC doesn't fit? - 07/24/02 05:27 AM
Geez guys, this info is all over the web...re: price...why all the commotion???

Focus Performance.com clearly shows the JC SC to be $2995.00
http://www.focusperformance.com/tpls/Det...110318289577030

And 'The Demon's website...
http://www.demondynamics.co.uk/kit1.htm

Terry has told us before the approx. cost of all three Turbo kit levels, hell search this forum for the thread entitled 'REAL Power'. I even mentioned them all in an earlier post! :rolleyes: I'm not just making this shit up...I actually got the numbers from Lee('The Demon')!! The guy who MAKES the kit. The base kit as I figured it(exchange rate varies daily) was right around $2800...not $2995, not $3000, not $3500!

If you're going to compare two kits at least compare two things that are similiar.

Quote:
2)its high compression ratio(10.5.1 to the late model Contours 10.1)
I see that says 'late' Contours but are you sure yours is actually 10:1. IIRC most(if not all) of the Contour Zetecs were 9.6:1. May want to double check that. wink
Posted By: LoCo Re: Tell me why the SC doesn't fit? - 07/24/02 06:13 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by sqplus:
Geez guys, this info is all over the web...re: price...why all the commotion???

Focus Performance.com clearly shows the JC SC to be $2995.00
http://www.focusperformance.com/tpls/Det...110318289577030

And 'The Demon's website...
http://www.demondynamics.co.uk/kit1.htm

Terry has told us before the approx. cost of all three Turbo kit levels, hell search this forum for the thread entitled 'REAL Power'. I even mentioned them all in an earlier post! :rolleyes: I'm not just making this [b]s
hit up...I actually got the numbers from Lee('The Demon')!! The guy who MAKES the kit. The base kit as I figured it(exchange rate varies daily) was right around $2800...not $2995, not $3000, not $3500!

If you're going to compare two kits at least compare two things that are similiar.

Quote:
2)its high compression ratio(10.5.1 to the late model Contours 10.1)
I see that says 'late' Contours but are you sure yours is actually 10:1. IIRC most(if not all) of the Contour Zetecs were 9.6:1. May want to double check that. wink [/b]
IIRC it was brought up way back when about the compression ratios. I remember Terry saying the "late" model Tours had 10.1 but if it is 9.6.1 better for me then. laugh :p

BTW I got my price for the SC from BAT. $2595.00 wink
Posted By: Giovanni Re: Tell me why the SC doesn't fit? - 07/24/02 12:19 PM
I always thought our Zetecs were 9.1:1...and I thought Duratechs are 9.6:1 and the SVT version 10:1.

Anyone know the rough percentage for the ATX drivetrain loss? Like 20 something percent?
Posted By: sqplus Re: Tell me why the SC doesn't fit? - 07/24/02 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Giovanni:
I always thought our Zetecs were 9.1:1...and I thought Duratechs are 9.6:1 and the SVT version 10:1.

Anyone know the rough percentage for the ATX drivetrain loss? Like 20 something percent?
I believe the Duratecs also have 9.6 but I know we don't have 9.1...its higher. You're right about the SVT though, 10:1 and the 2000s went to 10.25:1

And the ATX percentage loss can vary from car to car but it is up around 20-25%

Hector,
I wonder how BAT can sell the SC for that much less? Thanks for the source though.
Posted By: ZetecRacing Re: Tell me why the SC doesn't fit? - 07/25/02 12:07 AM
ALL Zetec contours are 9.6:1 the standard duratec is 9.7:1 and the SVT pre 2000 is 10:1 and the 2000 SVT is 10.1:1
Posted By: thegtpguy Re: Tell me why the SC doesn't fit? - 07/25/02 02:42 AM
I thought you were done with this topic????? confused confused confused
Posted By: ZetecRacing Re: Tell me why the SC doesn't fit? - 07/25/02 05:57 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by thegtpguy:
I thought you were done with this topic????? confused confused confused
I am about the SC.... this was just a responce about compression ratios
get it? or should I draw you a map next time you are at a meet that i'm at?
Posted By: Redcon96I4 Re: Tell me why the SC doesn't fit? - 07/25/02 06:20 AM
what i think... if it works. ATXers get a SC MTXers get a TC and if you use level ten tranny could you use a stage 2 or even stage 3 TC on an ATX?
Posted By: LoCo Re: Tell me why the SC doesn't fit? - 07/25/02 06:33 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Redcon96I4:
what i think... if it works. ATXers get a SC MTXers get a TC and if you use level ten tranny could you use a stage 2 or even stage 3 TC on an ATX?
That was what I was thinking at first, but $4000 for the Stage 3 TC plus another 1-$2000 for the level ten. Not to mention I live in Chicago and level ten is on the east coast. wink
Posted By: Redcon96I4 Re: Tell me why the SC doesn't fit? - 07/25/02 06:46 AM
i've seen level ten rebuild kits for $500. Would they be as good as them doing the installation? More money=more power=more fun
Posted By: thegtpguy Re: Tell me why the SC doesn't fit? - 07/25/02 10:45 PM
Yes can you please draw me a map on how to get to sesame street??????
Posted By: Redcon96I4 Re: Tell me why the SC doesn't fit? - 07/26/02 05:06 AM
Quote:
???
Posted By: LoCo Re: Tell me why the SC doesn't fit? - 07/26/02 05:21 AM
Quote:
Yes I can. :p

[img]http://www.fototime.com/{B3F6F842-53A9-4D98-B71E-B2F9430D9AFB}/picture.BMP[/img]
Posted By: I-Dom-In-8 Re: Tell me why the SC doesn't fit? - 07/26/02 01:26 PM
LMFAO@hector eek laugh
© CEG Archives