Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: loggerbomb spark plug wires - 04/17/06 02:15 AM
just wondering when you can tell when they need replaced? Anything to look out for?
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: spark plug wires - 04/17/06 02:27 AM
If you are having stumbling/idling problems.

They are cheap enough where if you think you need new ones....they won't be too expensive.
Posted By: jtour Re: spark plug wires - 04/17/06 05:00 PM
Just change them if you have any doubt. Look in the manual it should have it listed under what mileage they recommend to change them.

Posted By: hoger29 Re: spark plug wires - 04/24/06 01:57 AM
i plan to replace my wires and was wondering if there was a better brand to use or go with stock? maybe upgrade them? Any suggestion on what to use.
Posted By: KerryKool Re: spark plug wires - 04/24/06 02:42 AM
Ford Racing wires are widely used and are affordable. There is MSD, but they are more expensive and seem to have the same effect as the Ford Racing wires.

Accel, Thunder Sport, and others are out there. And advise that is always handy, Search.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: spark plug wires - 04/25/06 01:41 AM
Had the stockers, Accel Thundersport, MSD wires, and the Ford Racing wires.....all the same...
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: spark plug wires - 04/26/06 01:11 AM
Originally posted by LocoGSR:
Had the stockers, Accel Thundersport, MSD wires, and the Ford Racing wires.....all the same...

I can vouce for Hector...wire after wire he was still slow...
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: spark plug wires - 04/26/06 02:02 AM
Originally posted by Bk4293L:

At least my Zetec kept runnning.
Posted By: Hydramatic Re: spark plug wires - 04/26/06 06:49 AM

Except Bosch. Don't buy a set of Bosch wires, as the Ford ignition and Bosch don't get along very well. Your performance will DROP compared to stock.
Posted By: hoger29 Re: spark plug wires - 04/26/06 07:41 PM
Thanks for the advice, I hope to get this done by next weekend. I have been thinking about replacing coil as well, do you have any suggestions what to use.
Posted By: KerryKool Re: spark plug wires - 04/27/06 11:53 PM
Check out the Zetec peformance section for the "Accel vs. MSD" that I put up. Should give you some ideas.
Posted By: hoger29 Re: spark plug wires - 04/28/06 05:09 AM
I have been following this thread thanks for the help.
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: spark plug wires - 04/30/06 05:29 AM
Originally posted by Bk4293L:

At least my Zetec kept runnning.

So did mine!!!!!

Just not very good.....
© CEG Archives