Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Bullet KPH gauge group buy - 04/22/03 05:27 AM
thread
Posted By: advocate_dup1 Re: KPH gauge group buy - 04/22/03 10:38 PM
pics for this should be posted within the next day. i have these guages in may car made by the same company as in the GB. so I'll post my dash pics.

piece of cake to install. i can have them out and in within 15 tops
Posted By: advocate_dup1 Re: KPH gauge group buy - 04/23/03 01:38 AM
white guages in a non svt

Posted By: lardy Re: KPH gauge group buy - 04/23/03 03:01 AM
What all is involved in installing them?

What about their appearance at night? Any complaints?
Posted By: trujap_dup1 Re: KPH gauge group buy - 04/23/03 04:18 AM
where did you get them from?
Posted By: abwamo_dup1 Re: KPH gauge group buy - 04/23/03 07:56 AM
do they have the early 95 modules with the trip odometer reset button on the left side of the gauge instead of right.
interested in silver ones if they make them for my car.
Posted By: advocate_dup1 Re: KPH gauge group buy - 04/23/03 02:44 PM
not sure on the 95's, you would have to ask them. i ended up having him make me a set blindly which turned out a little off then i sent him my originals that he made a "mold" from basically and made me perfect guages.

here are some vids to show you the guages in action

Day vid

night vid

these are the white/blue guages
Posted By: Bullet Re: KPH gauge group buy - 04/23/03 03:42 PM
Those gauges look pretty good. Is the lighting a litle uneven in the second vid, or does it just look that way?
Posted By: Brokk_dup1 Re: KPH gauge group buy - 04/24/03 03:37 AM
Whats with the "check engine" light there Advocate..

I should make up a replacement cover that says something else like, "need boost"

Posted By: abwamo_dup1 Re: KPH gauge group buy - 04/24/03 03:51 AM
i think thats the traction control light
Posted By: trujap_dup1 Re: KPH gauge group buy - 04/24/03 06:25 AM
Those are some pretty nice gauges you got there adv'. I must say you are going a bit fast!!!! Maybe you should SLOW down a bit heheheeh. It's guys like you that make me want to race!!
Posted By: advocate_dup1 Re: KPH gauge group buy - 04/24/03 02:26 PM
that would be a traction control light - not that it matters much with my atx

i think the part that doesnt light up much is due to a burnt out light bulb. however any of the dealers here do not even know what lights up the back.. even bringing in one of the bulbs they were clueless...

slow down?.... i gotta drive fast or else the civics with coffee canned exhaust will try to race me and my car is just too slow to compete

looks not bad parked tho
Posted By: advocate_dup1 Re: KPH gauge group buy - 04/30/03 02:52 PM
ive done a little work to my guages to make them a way nicer blue...

pics to come... just need me, my camera, my car and night.. now if i could only put them all together.

they need a little work still but im impressed so far.

before as you probly saw in the vids (which are down now), the blue is kinda a blue/green.. during early evening (7-8) they look outright green till it gets darker.

with my lil fix they are vibrant blue all the time once it starts to get dark out. they are darker tho - only draw back thus far well and that the guages started sticking a little this morning when it was cold - fine once the car warmed up.
Posted By: advocate_dup1 Re: KPH gauge group buy - 05/01/03 02:47 PM
well the pics i took didnt turn out so well. camera doesn't like no lighting and with the flash well it looks like its 4 pm.... ill try my other camera some time...

so no pics for now. just think VW factory blue guages in a contique....
© CEG Archives