Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Brokk_dup1 SVT Mayhem... - 04/08/03 06:19 AM
I am really getting frustrated with this car.. I really like it, but I swear its cursed. I have had this banging "wheel hop" issue since day 1, today I found out its a broken tranny mount. Now I am looking at $200 for a tranny mount and lower front mount and I have already order the inserts from JB's. I went as far as to trade in the car this afternoon, and get the Lightning.... ARGH!

Frustrated and confused... signin off..
Posted By: abwamo_dup1 Re: SVT Mayhem... - 04/08/03 07:40 AM
you have to remember you are driving a 5 year old car. expect minor repairs, man $200 is nothing compared to what other had to dish out.
Posted By: trujap_dup1 Re: SVT Mayhem... - 04/08/03 03:10 PM
Put up with it!!!
abwamo went through 2 engines.
Posted By: EdmontonSVT Re: SVT Mayhem... - 04/08/03 07:24 PM
You are complaining about 200 dollars. Since I got my car I have had to replace my back two stuts, transmission, cluctch, and a bunch of other little parts, suck it up princess. On a different note, the lightning is a good decision, that is what I am getting next, I wish I could do it write now, but I don't have the money.
Posted By: abwamo_dup1 Re: SVT Mayhem... - 04/08/03 10:32 PM
Originally posted by trujap:
Put up with it!!!
abwamo went through 2 engines.

halfshaft, 4 wheel bearings, hub assembly, radiator fans, water pump and a tranny. yah thats about it for major repairs, but all of them were related for bad work/installation except for the first wheel bearing and engine.
© CEG Archives