Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
I know sponsors are mentioned in the Registration Thread, but I wanted to give them a thread of their own just to say thanks! Because of the sponsors below, it makes the SZ 06 raffle possible as well as paying for lanyards, nametag holders, etc. The funds that are raised from the raffle go to keeping CEG up and running, and who doesn't like winning donated car parts for a fraction of the cost.

So special thanks to these sponsors and their donations!

Also, heres just a preview of the stuff we're currently raffling off this year.

Raffle Donations
-Pietenpol Racing Technologies - (1) set of poly filled front and rear roll resistors

-MSDS Headers - Full set of MSDS Headers and Y-pipe

-Mirko Racing - (1) Mirko Splitter

-Lo-Tek, Inc. - (1) Gauge Pod

-SPEC Clutch - (1) Certificate for $150 off Clutch purchase, (1) Certificate for $100 off Flyhweel purchase, banners, shirts, hats, etc.

-Extrude Hone - pending verification

-CTA Motorsports - (1) Certificate for $200 which can be put towards KVR Brake components.

-Skunkworks Autosport - (1) Voucher for FREE install of Remote Start/Alarm, (1) Voucher for CD player/4 speakers or Amp and Sub Install

-Ford Motor Company - shirts, hats, banners, posters, etc

-TCE Perforance Brakes - pending verification

Cash Donations
-Buckshot Motorsports - $150 cash donation

If you would like to submit a cash or raffle donation, PM me!
Just got the word, Mirko racing will be sponsoring us with a Mirko splitter. Whoooo! At bare minimum, if you win this splitter at the SZ raffle, youll automatically save yourself the $70 shipping. Not to mention, you could win it for as little as $5.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Sponsors for Spring Zing 06 - 02/02/06 02:18 AM
Man that brings back memories of people giving me money so I could try to win the muffler last year!
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: Official Sponsors for Spring Zing 06 - 02/02/06 04:04 AM
Entering a raffle to help the site = Awesome!!!!

Doing it with everyone elses money =

Doing it with everyone elses money, and still losing....
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Official Sponsors for Spring Zing 06 - 02/02/06 06:36 AM
Originally posted by LocoGSR:
Man that brings back memories of people giving me money so I could try to win the muffler last year!

Well my ears are still ringing from your dyno
Originally posted by KingpinSVT:

Sounded like dem WWII airplanes were coming at us full throttle
Originally posted by 98_HO_Contour:
Originally posted by KingpinSVT:

Sounded like dem WWII airplanes were coming at us full throttle

1/16th throttle...
Originally posted by Bk4293L:

It is, but the site owner not knowing about it = the suck!
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Official Sponsors for Spring Zing 06 - 02/02/06 04:09 PM
Originally posted by RTStabler51:

Huh? I doubt the site owner has been upset about the $100 we send him every month. What are you talking about?

Mark
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:

Huh? I doubt the site owner has been upset about the $100 we send him every month. What are you talking about?

Mark

iirc last year after SZ Lance was going to ask for donation to keep the site running but was unaware that we had raised money at SZ for this purpose, the money just had to be sent to him
Originally posted by BrApple:

Mark

iirc last year after SZ Lance was going to ask for donation to keep the site running but was unaware that we had raised money at SZ for this purpose, the money just had to be sent to him

Yup.

http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=general&Number=1000984&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=31&fpart=1
Just kinda shows how out of sync Lance is with HIS website.
Great job Jim and Mark!
you guys rock!
So do our sponsors! I think it's great that they appreciate their customers so much to continually contribute such great prizes to our national events.
I definitely appreciate all the work that goes into making SZ happen year after year.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Official Sponsors for Spring Zing 06 - 02/02/06 07:20 PM
It was kind of a surprise. We didn't even say anything about it until after the raffle, that we were donating all of the money to CEG. I don't see how that could be a bad thing, no matter how you dice it? I'm sure Jim and myself could have thought of a few things we could spend that $1200+ on but keeping CEG alive was obviously the right thing to do. We didn't even expect to raise half of what we did! Neither Jim or myself made any money on the event. Hell, we didn't even get a free pass. We both paid the registration fee, and the dyno fee. I believe Jim actually paid some money out of his own pocket to ship some people that didn't show up, their shirts/nametag/lanyard etc. I guess I didn't realize anyone would be upset about having an offer to pay a full year of CEG's server fees.

Mark
Posted By: RawBurt Re: Official Sponsors for Spring Zing 06 - 02/02/06 07:25 PM
Back on topic...

Originally posted by beyondloadedSE:
I-Mirko Racing - (1) Mirko Splitter

If I can continue on with my luck from next years raffle, I WILL GET THIS SPLITTER
It was kind of a surprise. We didn't even say anything about it until after the raffle, that we were donating all of the money to CEG. I don't see how that could be a bad thing, no matter how you dice it? I'm sure Jim and myself could have thought of a few things we could spend that $1200+ on but keeping CEG alive was obviously the right thing to do. We didn't even expect to raise half of what we did! Neither Jim or myself made any money on the event. Hell, we didn't even get a free pass. We both paid the registration fee, and the dyno fee. I believe Jim actually paid some money out of his own pocket to ship some people that didn't show up, their shirts/nametag/lanyard etc. I guess I didn't realize anyone would be upset about having an offer to pay a full year of CEG's server fees.

Mark

...yep,jim sent me my stuff..it was a total surpise,just kinda showed up one day
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Official Sponsors for Spring Zing 06 - 02/03/06 02:24 AM
Although I'm not local to everyone, is it worth it to offer up an "Ultimate" detailing package Jim
sure, every little bit helps! Just make a voucher or some sort of gift certificate and send it to me.
Jim, you've got a PM about me offering some prizes.
Lo-Tek, Inc. is donating another gauge pod. whooo hoo!
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Sponsors for Spring Zing 06 - 02/15/06 03:56 AM
Hey Jim.....if you need another gauge pod I have mine out of my Tour.....not new but looks like it.

BTW it is black.

Let me know.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Official Sponsors for Spring Zing 06 - 02/15/06 04:04 AM
Hey Jim.....if you need another gauge pod I have mine out of my Tour.....not new but looks like it.

BTW it is black.

Let me know.

Up to you Hector. We are accepting donations from anybody willing to provide something for the event. Your name will be added to the list of sponsors if you decide to.

Mark
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Official Sponsors for Spring Zing 06 - 02/15/06 04:12 AM

BTW it is black.

Let me know.

Up to you Hector. We are accepting donations from anybody willing to provide something for the event. Your name will be added to the list of sponsors if you decide to.

Mark

That is cool.....let me know where to send it.
Posted By: MxRacer Re: Official Sponsors for Spring Zing 06 - 02/15/06 04:40 AM

BTW it is black.

Let me know.

Mark

send to:

spring zing
attn: mxracer
1245 steedas mom's bedroom
gladwin, mi 48325
Ford Motor Company is going to sponsor us again this year. We'll see what they have in store for us.
Originally posted by MxRacer:

BTW it is black.

Let me know.

Mark

send to:

spring zing
attn: mxracer
1245 steedas mom's bedroom
gladwin, mi 48325

Hahahaha

hector, my address is in the stickied registration thread.
Posted By: xchang_dup1 Re: Official Sponsors for Spring Zing 06 - 02/16/06 12:46 AM
I'll have some more certificates for you Jim, and some SZ2001/SZ2002/SZ2005 DVDs as well.
Posted By: m!key Re: Official Sponsors for Spring Zing 06 - 02/16/06 01:45 AM
Originally posted by xchang:
some SZ2001/SZ2002/SZ2005 DVDs as well.

cant i get those on amazon.com?
Posted By: xchang_dup1 Re: Official Sponsors for Spring Zing 06 - 02/16/06 04:12 AM
Sure, but I think they come blank...
Posted By: m!key Re: Official Sponsors for Spring Zing 06 - 02/16/06 04:17 AM
Posted By: Frosty Re: Official Sponsors for Spring Zing 06 - 02/16/06 01:17 PM
Originally posted by beyondloadedSE:
Ford Motor Company is going to sponsor us again this year. We'll see what they have in store for us.

Thats awesome!! I can't wait to go!! This will be my first year and i can see already that it will be a blast!! Nice job on setting all this up!! Thanks for putting your time into it!!
Kyle
© CEG Archives