Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Pole120 Dyno offer for SZ - 01/11/06 05:15 PM
I will ahve my SVT up and running for SZ and thought i'ld offer it up if we wanted to dyno test some of the common mods as well as some that cause confusion as far as gains\losses are concerned.

All it will have is the tried and true K&N with MAF adapter, headers and true duals.

Thought maybe we could try out the 65mm TB vs. stock SVT optimized and perhaps some other items while we're there if time allows.

Any ideas/suggestions?
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Dyno offer for SZ - 01/11/06 05:30 PM
Friggin optimized y-pipe against any aftermarket y.
Posted By: Pole120 Re: Dyno offer for SZ - 01/11/06 05:58 PM
I'll bring an optimized if we do it.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Dyno offer for SZ - 01/11/06 05:59 PM
And I mean not the one you do. Just grinding down the wall where the fused pipes meet.
Posted By: beyondloadedSE_dup1 Re: Dyno offer for SZ - 01/11/06 06:10 PM
we could do that. You might want to dyno first though, so that gives you time to swap over parts.
Posted By: Pole120 Re: Dyno offer for SZ - 01/11/06 06:14 PM
Originally posted by todras:
And I mean not the one you do. Just grinding down the wall where the fused pipes meet.

oh
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: Dyno offer for SZ - 01/11/06 06:21 PM
Originally posted by pole120:

oh

No lets do the whole shebang!
Posted By: The Five-Oh! Re: Dyno offer for SZ - 01/11/06 06:26 PM
I'll buy the optimized if it works.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Dyno offer for SZ - 01/11/06 06:32 PM

Well what does Josh do? Cut out the crush section? I thought thats what everyone does? If not, why waste your time?
Posted By: Pole120 Re: Dyno offer for SZ - 01/11/06 09:45 PM
Originally posted by KingpinSVT:

Well what does Josh do? Cut out the crush section? I thought thats what everyone does? If not, why waste your time?

I go beyond the standard section most go to back to where both tubes are whole and re-build the collector section entirely.
Posted By: EuroTour Re: Dyno offer for SZ - 01/11/06 11:07 PM
I have a SHO shop "offroad" Y, and a Mustang throttle body we could try.
Posted By: starjammir Re: Dyno offer for SZ - 01/11/06 11:10 PM
If you wanna try a stock vs a opted...someone could opt mine
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: Dyno offer for SZ - 01/11/06 11:56 PM
Originally posted by starjammir:
If you wanna try a stock vs a opted...someone could opt mine

i might be able to help out I have my stock y-pipe still and of course an optimized one on the car

I also have a stock se tb that has been optimized but not to well and I also just got a SVT tb that has been optimized which was very well done

might have both a standard and the optimized SE ones free to bring if needed
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Dyno offer for SZ - 01/12/06 12:18 AM
i've still got my very good optimized 54mm tb if someone wants to try that one?...how about the reverse cone vs the site fav k&n? i know thats always been a "discussed" topic..i have a kkm reverse cone...if i get on the dyno(if a spot opens) i could try the custom cougars cold air vs the short ram intake...
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho More dyno time!?!? - 01/12/06 12:45 AM
Jim is there anyway to get more time on the dyno!??! Looks like the interest is there...just a thought
Posted By: beyondloadedSE_dup1 Re: More dyno time!?!? - 01/12/06 02:40 AM
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoShoĆ¢ā??Ā¢:
Jim is there anyway to get more time on the dyno!??! Looks like the interest is there...just a thought

8 hours is the maximum that Dynotech will allow. Actually, 7.5 hours after lunch break. We might be able get a couple more spot in there. I think we had about 17 or 18 dyno last year.

Heres what I had in mind if we do open up more spots. I might just list a couple "Buy it Now" auctions on ebay for $50. I would specify what time the auction would be listed a couple days in advance so people have the heads up and everyone has a fair chance. Otherwise, if I post something on CEG at 9 am instead of listing an ebay auction, the people without web access at work are probably screwed because they dont get off work until 5 pm and the spots will be filled by then. The auctions would be listed in the evening, probably 9 pm which hopefully isnt a problem. This is just a thought. People for or against this?
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: More dyno time!?!? - 01/12/06 03:08 AM
Originally posted by beyondloadedSE:

8 hours is the maximum that Dynotech will allow. Actually, 7.5 hours after lunch break. We might be able get a couple more spot in there. I think we had about 17 or 18 dyno last year.

Heres what I had in mind if we do open up more spots. I might just list a couple "Buy it Now" auctions on ebay for $50. I would specify what time the auction would be listed a couple days in advance so people have the heads up and everyone has a fair chance. Otherwise, if I post something on CEG at 9 am instead of listing an ebay auction, the people without web access at work are probably screwed because they dont get off work until 5 pm and the spots will be filled by then. The auctions would be listed in the evening, probably 9 pm which hopefully isnt a problem. This is just a thought. People for or against this?

i'm down..just dont do it tomorrow..
Posted By: Tour_Racer00 Re: More dyno time!?!? - 01/13/06 03:12 AM
Originally posted by tour96se:

i'm down..just dont do it tomorrow..

Sounds good to me. Wait, I'm already on the list Yeah
Posted By: Pre98 Re: More dyno time!?!? - 01/13/06 03:20 AM
I'll see how important it means to me when auction time comes. Otherwise, it sounds like a fair way for everyone to have a chance. It might run up the bill for keeping contour.org too
Posted By: Pole120 Re: More dyno time!?!? - 02/01/06 03:00 PM
As of now, i'm only bringing the SVT to SZ ....so someone else may ahe to put there car on the chopping block for the sake of CEG.
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: More dyno time!?!? - 04/17/06 01:09 PM
sorry to bring up an old post but this might be interesting, I don't think that I want to swap parts out at the dyno but at least we can see what SVT parts do for a SE engine

I have installed the following onto my 99 SE

SVT airbox
SVT main cat
SVT exhaust
SVT UIM
SVT LIM
SVT optimized tb
I also have an optimized y-pipe, Ford Racing 9mm plug wires and a DMD

the last dyno I had everything but the plug wires and the SVT UIM, LIM and TB. Might have my lighten and underdriven alternator and powersteering pulleys installed by that time also

otherwise the car is stock and no tuning has been done. I plan to see what I put down at SZ and then plan to get headers
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: More dyno time!?!? - 04/17/06 06:14 PM
Originally posted by BrApple:
sorry to bring up an old post but this might be interesting, I don't think that I want to swap parts out at the dyno but at least we can see what SVT parts do for a SE engine

SVT airbox
SVT main cat
SVT exhaust
SVT UIM
SVT LIM
SVT optimized tb

the last dyno I had everything but the plug wires and the SVT UIM, LIM and TB. Might have my lighten and underdriven alternator and powersteering pulleys installed by that time also

otherwise the car is stock and no tuning has been done. I plan to see what I put down at SZ and then plan to get headers

I can do those pulleys in the parking lot at SZ!
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: More dyno time!?!? - 04/17/06 06:20 PM
Originally posted by mapoftazifoshoĆ¢ā??Ā¢:
Originally posted by BrApple:

SVT airbox
SVT main cat
SVT exhaust
SVT UIM
SVT LIM
SVT optimized tb

I can do those pulleys in the parking lot at SZ!

maybe that is something worth trying to see if they make a difference or not, I still need to get a new belt for when I put them on
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: More dyno time!?!? - 04/17/06 08:08 PM
I have a part # back home!
Posted By: GTO Pete Can I get a pull? - 04/20/06 04:36 PM
I would like to get one pull with my GTO.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Can I get a pull? - 04/20/06 05:11 PM
I thought you were asking about a HJ with that title.
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: Can I get a pull? - 04/20/06 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Todd aRRRRRRRRR.:

I wonder how Zaino would perform with that application...
Z2 is just for show, so I'm thinking Z5 might do the trick.
Definitely not the glass polish though. Too gritty.
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: Can I get a pull? - 04/20/06 06:16 PM
Originally posted by GTO Pete:
I would like to get one pull with my GTO.

No.
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: Can I get a pull? - 04/20/06 06:46 PM
Originally posted by frenchblueC2:
Originally posted by Todd aRRRRRRRRR.:

I wonder how Zaino would perform with that application...
Z2 is just for show, so I'm thinking Z5 might do the trick.
Definitely not the glass polish though. Too gritty.

Whatever you want to use if fine by me.

I'll gladly pay half of someone's 3/4 pulls to get one pull in.
Posted By: beyondloadedSE_dup1 Re: Can I get a pull? - 04/20/06 07:23 PM
Pete, wa2tuff is backing out on the dyno so you could probably take his spot. I figured it would be easier to just paypal him directly. PM him if your interested.
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: Can I get a pull? - 04/20/06 07:41 PM
Pete, wa2tuff is backing out on the dyno so you could probably take his spot. I figured it would be easier to just paypal him directly. PM him if your interested.

I PMd him - thanks Jim!
© CEG Archives