Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: auiotour So when is it already? - 01/06/05 07:01 AM
Just wanted to know if, when we will be having SZ05. I need to know as I have to take the week off. So I can come down. I am pretty sure I can make it now.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: So when is it already? - 01/06/05 05:12 PM
Good to hear you'll be able to make it. Plan on it being May 19-22. This weekend seems to workout a lot better than the June date we originally started with. Ofcourse this will interfere with some events that people may be attending, but it sure beats losing 20 people to the All Ford Weekend in PA.

Mark
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: So when is it already? - 01/06/05 07:54 PM
I can't make it to SZ05, I will be touring across the States from Feb to Nov with my job. I had hoped on going to SZ but as you can imagine work is more important.

Aaron
Posted By: Davo Re: So when is it already? - 01/06/05 10:26 PM
Well...make a tour stop in May in Fort Wayne, IN.
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: So when is it already? - 01/07/05 12:53 AM
LOL I would if I could.

Aaron
Posted By: auiotour Re: So when is it already? - 01/07/05 04:52 PM
I will make sure to take those days off. so hopefully it wont be changing.
Posted By: carraudio Re: So when is it already? - 01/07/05 06:44 PM
I wish it was the next weekend. My wife is in the USAF and is leaving for the middle east on the 23 of May I don't think she would be happy if I left here early. I will have to try to make it in 06.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: So when is it already? - 01/08/05 05:26 PM
I'll be there, Tour or no Tour
Posted By: parkedcar Re: So when is it already? - 01/09/05 03:48 AM
I dont think i will be able to make it this year
Business isnt doing as good as i was hoping, and i know its a lame and overused excuse, but funds are low....very low. I can barely make rent let alone utilities and all that other hoopla.
But things could change
Posted By: Tour_Racer00 Re: So when is it already? - 01/18/05 03:35 AM
Originally posted by auiotour:
I will make sure to take those days off. so hopefully it wont be changing.

I'll be doing the same so it better not change , 1st SZ I will be going to and hopefully, I won't be dissapointed
Posted By: beyondloadedSE_dup1 Re: So when is it already? - 01/18/05 04:11 AM
I hope to have registration open here within a week. Keep your eyes open.
Posted By: auiotour Re: So when is it already? - 01/18/05 05:33 PM
Originally posted by beyondloadedSE:

good to hear. any news on events?
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: So when is it already? - 01/18/05 08:12 PM

On the phone right now with Dynotech

Mark
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: So when is it already? - 01/18/05 08:35 PM
what are they saying? I want a play by play..
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:

On the phone right now with Dynotech

Mark

Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: So when is it already? - 01/18/05 08:43 PM
Good news.. May 20th is open for a Dyno Day.. Jim and I will get together tonight to discuss payment options/arrangements, and open Registration. Keep a close eye for a new SZ05 Registration thread!!

Mark
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Re: So when is it already? - 01/25/05 07:32 AM
Looks like everything is going along good guys, but if I may add a few suggestions/ideas. Is there anything else planned for Saturday? The day seems kinda of short, and that probaly will be the first full day for alot of folks that are travelin. Show in shin is cool, but it seems at that point we have already checked out each others cars 50 times or so. So after about a 1/2 hour-hour of the SS you have seen everything at least twice. I remember talks of the Corvette meusem and go karts. The scca thing would be Sunday right? I'm sure you have all thought this out, and I know price is a issue. Just a suggestion.

Another thing, I tink it would be cool if we could get some more veterans and vendors out there to come. Specificly Terry Haines. Its strange the only speed shop dedicated to the Contour, does not attend the only show for the Contour. Maybe a free admission, just about everyone owes him a little something around here. I know that you have tried in the past, but he mentioned to me last that he thought a select few people would "twist the knife" a little more. Those being the ones that had bad experiences. There can't be many. We can try to talk him into it. Also I am sure you have thought of this as well, but talking to the shops around that sell Contour products to maybe chip in a gift certificate or product of choice, i.e. cta,sp,SS(I know),Tce,performance fords,Adc etc.. and I can talk to CF1. Just a few ideas.Keep up the good work. I will see what I can do as well.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: So when is it already? - 01/25/05 02:00 PM
Originally posted by livinsvt:
Looks like everything is going along good guys, but if I may add a few suggestions/ideas. Is there anything else planned for Saturday? The day seems kinda of short, and that probaly will be the first full day for alot of folks that are travelin. Show in shin is cool, but it seems at that point we have already checked out each others cars 50 times or so. So after about a 1/2 hour-hour of the SS you have seen everything at least twice. I remember talks of the Corvette meusem and go karts. The scca thing would be Sunday right? I'm sure you have all thought this out, and I know price is a issue. Just a suggestion.

Another thing, I tink it would be cool if we could get some more veterans and vendors out there to come. Specificly Terry Haines. Its strange the only speed shop dedicated to the Contour, does not attend the only show for the Contour. Maybe a free admission, just about everyone owes him a little something around here. I know that you have tried in the past, but he mentioned to me last that he thought a select few people would "twist the knife" a little more. Those being the ones that had bad experiences. There can't be many. We can try to talk him into it. Also I am sure you have thought of this as well, but talking to the shops around that sell Contour products to maybe chip in a gift certificate or product of choice, i.e. cta,sp,SS(I know),Tce,performance fords,Adc etc.. and I can talk to CF1. Just a few ideas.Keep up the good work. I will see what I can do as well.

livinsvt - I will PM you with some ideas/thoughts.

You bring up some good points, and all have been taken into consideration, and still are being taken into consideration. Saturday will be the day of the show-n-shine. Saturday is also the day of the banquet, and we're planning on having a cruise that night. We wanted to get all of the events planned out and set in stone so we could set up registration. Now that people are signing up and paying, we're now going to start looking at door prizes, plaques, trophies, etc.. This event will definitely not be a disappointment!!

Mark
© CEG Archives