Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: rozzy911 TRANNY MODS - 10/01/02 07:56 PM
you guys might like this one....Don;t know how popular this is yet, but I took a Post year 2000 mtx 75 tranny out of a mondeo, grafted a Quaife differential, mounted a ford focus shifter tower and slapped into a 99 ford Contour SVT....And the guiy who did it for me....Terry Haines....the original creator of the Contour and SVT. He owns his own independant shop now in Michigan. if you guy want to get intouch with him let me know...My e-mail is Rozzy911@cs.com Ill see if hell let me give you his Phone number. he delievers all over the nation and does engine and suspension works too, but no body work...o well can't have everything.

Rozzy
AKA Lupe G.
Posted By: holycowSVTpaul_dup1 Re: TRANNY MODS - 10/01/02 09:21 PM
Never heard of him.
Posted By: Dustyn_dup1 Re: TRANNY MODS - 10/02/02 12:59 AM
Hello and welcome to last year. I also have the goodies you mentioned above. The 2000 shifter tower can be had through Ford as a 2000 trans shifter. You would have something really special if you had the hardned closed ratio gears. I have only seen the race teams have them. Not being harsh just thought you should know terry has been around for an x amount of years.
Posted By: DemonSVT_dup1 Re: TRANNY MODS - 10/02/02 01:11 AM
Originally posted by Dustyn:
Hello and welcome to last year.

Make that 2 years ago...
Posted By: RoadRunner_dup1 Re: TRANNY MODS - 10/02/02 03:38 AM
Terry who ??
Posted By: csc99svt Re: TRANNY MODS - 10/02/02 12:56 PM
whats a mondeo!?
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: TRANNY MODS - 10/02/02 01:36 PM
I hope to God you are joking!?
Posted By: a_svt_what???_dup1 Re: TRANNY MODS - 10/03/02 12:09 AM
Posted By: stan750rr_dup1 Re: TRANNY MODS - 10/03/02 01:31 AM
LOL
Posted By: Speed Demon_dup1 Re: TRANNY MODS - 10/03/02 11:07 PM
you guys are brutal to the newbies ROFL
Posted By: dkingofny_dup1 Re: TRANNY MODS - 10/04/02 12:29 AM
Nothing personal. But that is one or the reasons us newbies don't like posting. I don't know about everybody here. But I was not born with a Car manual in my hand. I am trying to learn as I go. I know you OLD timers like to show your manhood, but we all have to learn. So if you guys can't be helpful, try to make others look bad. It takes the enjoyment out of this board.

But thatâ??s my opinion. And like assholes everybody has one
Posted By: Terry Haines_dup1 Re: TRANNY MODS - 10/04/02 12:34 AM
As a major 'OLD FART' here I can tell you that I,as the founder and owner of HMS Inc, try to help and advise any caller,e mailer etc...don't be too rash to dismiss the old farts, most of us have been around the block a few times...and we could save you some cash when you blow your trans,diff,motors etc etc.........TH
Posted By: dkingofny_dup1 Re: TRANNY MODS - 10/04/02 12:38 AM
That was not my point. My point was not to treat us like they treated him. The reason why we are here to learn and help. And ok this guy was trying to help. That is no reason for them to jump on him like a pack of wolves. I am sure they started out as newbies before. And hopefully they remeber the feel.
Posted By: DemonSVT_dup1 Re: TRANNY MODS - 10/04/02 02:22 AM
Actually most of us are just jealous... Mmmmm Quaife...
Posted By: RoadRunner_dup1 Re: TRANNY MODS - 10/04/02 03:07 PM
Originally posted by dkingofny:
That was not my point. My point was not to treat us like they treated him. The reason why we are here to learn and help. And ok this guy was trying to help. That is no reason for them to jump on him like a pack of wolves. I am sure they started out as newbies before. And hopefully they remeber the feel.

I don't know what the point of your bickering is here.
He mentioned Terry Haines in his post and we made a joke about 'Terry who ?'.
If this person looked at 2 or maybe 3 posts in this transmission forum,
he would have read how instrumental Terry has been in the forum.
We didn't rip into him, and we didn't rip into his Mondeo.
So where do you get off accusing us of being brutal ?
This is a *light* joke compared to the BS that used to get posted to this site before it was moved and resurrected.

If you can't take a joke on this forum, then you don't belong on the internet.
Posted By: dkingofny_dup1 Re: TRANNY MODS - 10/04/02 08:46 PM
I will from this point keep my mouth shut. I will read only and keep all my thoughts to my self. I am sorry if no one else see's or understands what I am talking about.
Posted By: Dustyn_dup1 Re: TRANNY MODS - 10/05/02 03:26 PM
Originally posted by dkingofny:
I will from this point keep my mouth shut. I will read only and keep all my thoughts to my self. I am sorry if no one else see's or understands what I am talking about.

I pointed out that I was not trying to be harsh!
Posted By: Alex MacLaurin_dup1 Re: TRANNY MODS - 10/06/02 04:15 PM
I'm a little confused by this original topic. I thought the 2000 mtx75 shift tower was the best one to have. Is the focus tower the new, "best one" to have? Alex
© CEG Archives