Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: aaron_dup1 lost clutch pressure - 05/27/06 03:00 AM
to make a long story short, i've developed some sort of leak which has caused me to lose pressure in the clutch pedal (pedal moves freely) I'm completely lost on places to check where the leak may have developed or is this going to be way more extensive...like pulling the trans?

thanks in advance.
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: lost clutch pressure - 05/27/06 03:20 AM
Welcome to the club. My new clutch is doing the same thing. I have bleed it 4 times and it still has no pressure.

Aaron
Posted By: timeless420_dup1 Re: lost clutch pressure - 05/27/06 03:45 AM
Originally posted by SVT SNOB:
Welcome to the club. My new clutch is doing the same thing. I have bleed it 4 times and it still has no pressure.

Aaron

Aaron,

Like I asked you before...did you Master Cylnder go dry during the swap? If so that is likely your source. Otherwise, if the pedal is a bit soft, it does go away as the clutch breaks in. If it is going to the floor without any resistance and your brakes are spongy you may need to bench bleed or pressure bleed the MC
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: lost clutch pressure - 05/27/06 04:32 AM
Evan,

The clutch didn't seem to get any better (no change) after bleeding it. I will have to ask Brad if the Master Cylinder went dry. The brakes aren't soft at all. The strangest thing happend today I put the car into reverse and the reverse lights were on whihc is good, but when I released the clutch the car didn't move at all, I tried it again then it just grinded .

Aaron
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: lost clutch pressure - 05/27/06 04:53 PM
maybe the TOB was installed incorrectly. I've had this done more than a few times....fluid dumps and clutch goes soft...
Posted By: JustinCSVT Re: lost clutch pressure - 06/27/06 11:22 PM
My TOB just went out and your symptoms appeared. It's leaking brake fluid all over my driveway. Looks like a new clutch and TOB are on their way.
Posted By: tigerbalm Re: lost clutch pressure - 06/29/06 02:04 AM
try bleeding the clutch with the car running, it runs with more pressure. I bled mine while it was off and it felt a little soft. then i tried it while running and it works fine now.
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: lost clutch pressure - 06/29/06 03:45 AM
There should be absolutely no difference.
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: lost clutch pressure - 06/29/06 04:23 AM
Originally posted by warmonger:

Agreed!!

Also how do u screw up a TOB install. Once the trans is out it is 3 freakin bolts!!!
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: lost clutch pressure - 06/29/06 05:24 AM
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:
Originally posted by warmonger:

Agreed!!

Also how do u screw up a TOB install. Once the trans is out it is 3 freakin bolts!!!

+ sealer
© CEG Archives