Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: TaurusKev I hate when... - 09/04/06 05:07 AM
Working on an older car (1988 Dodge Daytona Turbocharged) and none of the lug nuts want to move? All that seems to be happening is me pwning my Socket wrenches. I ended up gettin g 3 of 5 loose, however 2 decided to be different size (18mm instead of 19 mm) and requred me to pwn my smaller socket wrench... Need to do the brakes on all four wheels, however none of the wheels will come off.
Posted By: AliasJerkâ?¢ Re: I hate when... - 09/04/06 05:28 AM
Originally posted by TaurusKev:
Working on an older car (1988 Dodge Daytona Turbocharged) and none of the lug nuts want to move? All that seems to be happening is me pwning my Socket wrenches. I ended up gettin g 3 of 5 loose, however 2 decided to be different size (18mm instead of 19 mm) and requred me to pwn my smaller socket wrench... Need to do the brakes on all four wheels, however none of the wheels will come off.

sledge hammer and a piece of wood, hit the rubber on the tire really hard.. a Few good whacks should knock the rim loose, rust is pretty much a welding agent. As for your lug nut problem... Huge breaker bar?

I never realised how useful a giant breaker bar is until I used one... makes life a hell of a lot easier when dealing with stuck bolts.
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: I hate when... - 09/04/06 01:43 PM
Whenever we're going to work on my GL, we always spray the [censored] out of any rusted bolts withi SiliKroil.
Works like a charm.
We spray, then let it soak in for a bit, then go to town.
Posted By: AliasJerkâ?¢ Re: I hate when... - 09/04/06 01:53 PM
Originally posted by frenchblueC2:
Whenever we're going to work on my GL, we always spray the [censored] out of any rusted bolts withi SiliKroil.
Works like a charm.
We spray, then let it soak in for a bit, then go to town.

ive never tried that stuff, I usualy just use PB blaster, but PB isnt the best product to use... Maybe next time I have a project on the rolla I will pick up a can of SiliKroil. Where can I get it?
Posted By: TaurusKev Re: I hate when... - 09/04/06 03:46 PM
Yeah, I converted my socket wrench that had an 18 MM socket into a long ass breaker bar by using a pole from a trampoline to use it as a lever, that just raped my socket wrench. The breaker bar I have is a 1/2 drive socket, I put a converter on it so I could use a 3/8th drive, but it reamed my adapter, that's when I tried the socket itself.
Posted By: Hightower GT Re: I hate when... - 09/04/06 05:50 PM
Originally posted by frenchblueC2:
... then let it soak in for a bit, then go to town.

Soak it in cider?
© CEG Archives