Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: G Stone 2002 BMW X5 - $7200 - 07/25/06 07:47 PM
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/irene1gonzales1/album?.dir=/b52are2

This woman is selling the vehicles for $7,200 with 57,000 miles on it. KBB is $33,500. This is what she wrote to me:

Hello,
Thank you for your interest in my car. The car is in absolutely perfect condition, no scratches, dings, dents or other imperfections. Always adult driven,US clear title . The price for this beauty is only 7200$ with 54700 miles.
Firstly, I need to tell you that I recently moved in Canada due to work and family. I want to sell the car at this low price because I want to buy a new house here and I don't have all the money for it and I decided to sell this car and more stuff at verry low price.The car is in Ontario,Canada in a warehouse at the shipping company.I hate to sell it at this price but I REALY need the money from this car.
The transaction will be done with the biggest shipping company www.escrow.com , I have a protection account at this company and the shipping will be FREE any where in the Canada or USA EXCEPT Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico.
You have to know that the car is ready for delivery.
If you are still interested please get back to me ASAP and i'll send you therms of payment for this deal.

Have a nice time!!!
P.S. Here are all the photos and the VIN Number: 5UXFB33512LH30970
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/irene1gonzales1/album?.dir=/b52are2
Posted By: BloodyTomFlint Re: 2002 BMW X5 - $7200 - 07/25/06 07:48 PM
Scam.
Posted By: Big Daddy Kane Re: 2002 BMW X5 - $7200 - 07/25/06 07:51 PM
Originally posted by BloodyTomFlint:
Scam.

Totally!

WTF would someone leave their car in a shipping company warehouse in Canada?

I could see if the car was at a warehouse in the US, since she moved from there...

A more believeable story would be that she is going through a divorce and doesn't want the husband to get the BMW...

EDIT:
Look at the pic with the plate showing: here

"Countyline Lexus, A Hollywood, Florida Lexus dealer." <-- so the lady moved from Florida to Canada?

Her Yahoo ID (irene1gonzales1) says the profile, which is blank, was last modified April 27th, 2006. Pics were taken April 2nd, 2006. Just some extra information.

If you really want to see if it could be legit, contact the dealer and see if whoever they sold this to is the same as the "Irene Gonzales" who is trying to sell it.
Posted By: CeeBee94Z Re: 2002 BMW X5 - $7200 - 07/25/06 08:33 PM
Do you honestly think someone would sell a car like that for that price? That lady would stand a better chance at scamming people if she at least made the amount believable.
Posted By: Derk-xB Re: 2002 BMW X5 - $7200 - 07/25/06 11:23 PM
If it sounds too good to be true...
Posted By: cops_got_my_SVT Re: 2002 BMW X5 - $7200 - 07/26/06 12:26 AM
I ran the vin on the FL
Department of Highway Safety & Motor Vehicles. The vehicle comes registered to Maria Alexandra Franco and her residence is from Doral, Fl as of 4/06. The BMW is not registered stolen and until 10/05 the lean holder was Chevy Chase bank FSB. Then on 7/06 the new lean holder became Easter financial. If you want some more info PM me. Still sounds like a scam. Good luck.

Cheers,
Suriel
Posted By: Viss1_dup1 Re: 2002 BMW X5 - $7200 - 07/26/06 12:35 AM
It's absolutely legit.

To poop on.
Posted By: rouar Re: 2002 BMW X5 - $7200 - 07/26/06 02:25 AM
carrot_top, that's nice that you posted some poor woman's full name, location, registration and bank loans on a public site for Google to spider and the world to see.

Good that you have access and want to / can help significantly, but info like this needs to stick to PMs (or not be shared at all, which I assume you have a contractual obligation with working with the DMV).
Posted By: Shaggy_dup1 Re: 2002 BMW X5 - $7200 - 07/26/06 02:47 AM
Originally posted by Rouar:
carrot_top, that's nice that you posted some poor woman's full name, location, registration and bank loans on a public site for Google to spider and the world to see.

I was going to edit it, but if this information is publicly available, then no need to. It's already had the spider grab/catalogue it.
Posted By: SVT3Rivieres Re: 2002 BMW X5 - $7200 - 07/26/06 04:38 AM
at this price even a pawn shop will buy it from you and give me much more than that... if she was so broke she should have try that
Posted By: Pete D_dup1 Re: 2002 BMW X5 - $7200 - 07/26/06 05:58 AM
MMMM sounds scamtastic.

If you are seriously interested I would insist on seing the car in person before the sale and paying cash (in person).
Posted By: Pete D_dup1 Re: 2002 BMW X5 - $7200 - 07/26/06 06:01 AM

Good that you have access and want to / can help significantly, but info like this needs to stick to PMs (or not be shared at all, which I assume you have a contractual obligation with working with the DMV).

While perhaps he should have sent it in a PM. I can't cast too much blame. While the woman's names do not match lets look at the facts

-Both women
-Names of similar sounding origin (latino/hispanic)
-Both from FL

If it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck.....
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: 2002 BMW X5 - $7200 - 07/26/06 06:20 AM
Sounds exactly like the scam a friend of mine was getting into. She tells me she is finally getting rid of her Jetta for a "new" car. She tells me it's like a 2003 Mercedes Benz E-Class for $12k.

I said first thing, before you go on telling me about the car.....did he mention shipping, out of the country, or anything involving a check from a bank, etc.? She said yeah, how did you know? I just laughed a little and said trust me, it's a scam. Don't bother.
Posted By: SVT3Rivieres Re: 2002 BMW X5 - $7200 - 07/26/06 06:55 AM
i dont mind driving to ontario to see the car and pay it cash
Posted By: rouar Re: 2002 BMW X5 - $7200 - 07/26/06 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Shaggy:

I was going to edit it, but if this information is publicly available, then no need to. It's already had the spider grab/catalogue it.

I meant contour.org being a publicly visible site. Looks like our UBBThreads isn't spidered, though the Archives are.
Posted By: cops_got_my_SVT Re: 2002 BMW X5 - $7200 - 07/26/06 11:01 AM

Everything I put on this site from other sites is public information to everyone, just have to search for it. Besides she posted her vehicle VIN number and her email account which consited of a full name, just the VIN number alone gives so much information.

Cheers,
Suriel
Posted By: KnuKonceptz_dup1 Re: 2002 BMW X5 - $7200 - 07/26/06 01:31 PM
Free shipping and a great deal is always the sign of a scam. A price of 20% of the value is just stupid and so is the scammer
Posted By: BloodyTomFlint Re: 2002 BMW X5 - $7200 - 07/26/06 01:56 PM
Originally posted by KnuKonceptz:
Free shipping and a great deal is always the sign of a scam. A price of 20% of the value is just stupid and so is the scammer

However, it has worked in the past. I will try to dig up the most famous case.
© CEG Archives