Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: TGO Clerks 2 - 06/29/06 11:23 PM
Since it's going to be out in a couple of weeks...and i've only just started seeing commercials recently (as in this last week!). What's everyone's opinion?? Do you think it will live up to the original?? Looks like they've got most of the original cast...but this time it's in color. I'm hoping it's going to be good, but I'm not getting my hopes up that far.
Posted By: teamSVTour Re: Clerks 2 - 06/29/06 11:41 PM
def. going
Posted By: 69Boss302_dup1 Re: Clerks 2 - 06/29/06 11:43 PM
Kevin Smith was on Opie and Anthony a while back talking about it. And from listening to him talk about the whole thing, I really think it will hold up very well. I sure can't wait to see it.
Posted By: TGO Re: Clerks 2 - 06/30/06 12:02 AM
I really hope they capture the "magic" of the original.
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: Clerks 2 - 06/30/06 02:21 AM
Yeah, nothing like striking while the iron is hot and bringing the 2nd one out while the first is still fresh on everyones' mind.
Posted By: Pete D_dup1 Re: Clerks 2 - 06/30/06 02:24 AM
I'll go and see it, I think in the special features for the 10th aniversary edition of clerks they talk about it, and how much Jersey Girl sucked.

Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: Clerks 2 - 06/30/06 02:30 AM
Considering the first was SUPPOSED to be a drama, and not a comedy as most think it turned out to be, maybe they'll use the "newfound" income and time (TONS of that, apparently) to more accurately portray the desired genre.

Posted By: TGO Re: Clerks 2 - 06/30/06 02:33 AM
Originally posted by IRingTwyce:
Yeah, nothing like striking while the iron is hot and bringing the 2nd one out while the first is still fresh on everyones' mind.

ever heard of terminator 2??
Posted By: ZoomZoom Diva Re: Clerks 2 - 06/30/06 02:54 AM
Never heard of the first one...
Posted By: svt4stv Re: Clerks 2 - 06/30/06 03:07 AM
i dont think it will come even close to living up to the first one. IMO, every movie smith made since Clerks sucked big sweaty donkey balls
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Clerks 2 - 06/30/06 03:18 AM
What? Jersey Girl rocked! I enjoyed Clerks and can't believe it was supposed to be a drama.
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: Clerks 2 - 06/30/06 04:19 AM
Originally posted by todras:
What? Jersey Girl rocked! I enjoyed Clerks and can't believe it was supposed to be a drama.

Puts me in mind of the original "Evil Dead" movie. You could tell at the start that they were trying to make a horror flick, but then about half way through they realized it was just plain funny and went for the laughs.
Posted By: teamSVTour Re: Clerks 2 - 06/30/06 05:23 AM
Personally I liked alot of Kevin Smith early movies.
Chasing Amy was good, Mallrats was funny, Dogma kind of sucked, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back was funny. Can't really comment on anything newer than Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back as I have not seen them.
Posted By: tttc Re: Clerks 2 - 06/30/06 06:04 AM
Looks like it will be good. Check out the trailer here
Posted By: Pete D_dup1 Re: Clerks 2 - 06/30/06 08:12 AM
37! My girlfriend sucked 37 dicks!

In a row?
Posted By: Viss1_dup1 Re: Clerks 2 - 06/30/06 12:57 PM
I'm a huge Kevin Smith fan. Clerks is on my all-time favorite list. I'll be freaking camping out the night before Clerks II opens.

My opinion of his main movies...

Dumb movies that just went for the laughs:
Clerks: Possibly the best indie flick ever made
Mallrats: Generally considered his worst. He's basically disowned it. He didn't really know what to do with a large budget. Good for a few dumb laughs, and that's about it.
Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back: Excellent. Brings together all the characters he's created.

Movies where he made an attempt to make an actual film:
Chasing Amy: Awesome. Probably his best "real" movie. Good mix of drama and comedy.
Jersey Girl: Never saw it. Smith made it because he was a new father and it seemed like the right type of movie to do. Which means I had no desire to bother with it.
Dogma: Pretty good, but a little overrated. Gets a little carried away with its self-importance, but mostly works. Clever in many ways.
Posted By: contourGL1996 Re: Clerks 2 - 08/11/06 04:21 AM
Originally posted by svtizzle4stizzle:
i dont think it will come even close to living up to the first one. IMO, every movie smith made since Clerks sucked big sweaty donkey balls

AHAHA, I was just reading this post and realizing the irony...
Posted By: 99SEsport2K4 Re: Clerks 2 - 08/11/06 04:25 AM
I just saw it last week, I thought it was pretty good. The picklef****er part was hilarious. I'd try and get the discount tix if available in your area cuz $8.25 at regal cinemas is a rip off for any movie.
Posted By: dnewma04_dup1 Re: Clerks 2 - 08/11/06 04:52 AM
Originally posted by Pete D:
37! My girlfriend sucked 37 dicks!

In a row?

Better watch it Pete, someone may misinterpret this.
© CEG Archives