Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Tourige LOST - 05/25/06 06:32 AM
Who watched the season finale?

This show is seriously the best thing on television, the depth is just amazing, the quality of the storyline is beyond that of oscar winners, This show is simply the best show ive ever seen.
Posted By: hotdimmes Re: LOST - 05/25/06 07:58 AM
I agree. Such an awesome show. They covered alot in the finale, but they left sooo much unexplained or unaccounted for. What the hell was up with that pterodactyl(sp?) Weeiirrrd
Posted By: Trapps_dup1 Re: LOST - 05/25/06 02:30 PM
great show, but I though the finale left to many unanswered questions.
Posted By: Stazi Re: LOST - 05/25/06 02:45 PM
The finale made me think that maybe they aren't in Purgatory as I thought; due to Penny receiving that phone call at the end. Makes me think that her father is behind the whole thing and is running this island/experiment, if she had a hunch that Desmond is there.

I wish I could have read the full sign on the dock it was PELE SA but that's all I could see. Not sure if it means anything.

I can understand how Desmond ended up back at the island after sailing for weeks: if the magnetism was building up every 108 minutes, it would be enough to confuse his compass so that north was always the island; this would cause him to sail in a circle around the island.

At least Anna-Lucia gave it up before she died - she'd have banged like a bucking bronco...what with all that pent-up frustration!
Posted By: csc99svt Re: LOST - 05/25/06 03:20 PM
i originally though purgatroy, but that idea was defunked a couple of weeks ago when the writers came out and specifically said it was NOT purgatory....

i read a theory about the island being the gate to the lost city of atlantis....the more and more i think about it, i like this idea based on some things that we have seen now.....
Posted By: MxRacer Re: LOST - 05/25/06 03:24 PM
i haven't watched a single episode. but from the sounds of it, i like what the writers are doing here. it's written very much like a good fiction book... it's letting the readers/viewers envision the possible meanings and endings long before it gets there.

maybe i'll have to rent/buy the previous seasons.
Posted By: Tourige Re: LOST - 05/25/06 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Stazi:
The finale made me think that maybe they aren't in Purgatory as I thought; due to Penny receiving that phone call at the end. Makes me think that her father is behind the whole thing and is running this island/experiment, if she had a hunch that Desmond is there.

I wish I could have read the full sign on the dock it was PELE SA but that's all I could see. Not sure if it means anything.

I can understand how Desmond ended up back at the island after sailing for weeks: if the magnetism was building up every 108 minutes, it would be enough to confuse his compass so that north was always the island; this would cause him to sail in a circle around the island.

At least Anna-Lucia gave it up before she died - she'd have banged like a bucking bronco...what with all that pent-up frustration!

The writers have said that it is not purgatory

Apparently, the dock is the place where the "Pearl" hatch people were supposed to go at the end of thier shift.

What i think is nuts is all the stuff on the internet, i mean they have a website for the Hanso Foundation (www.thehansofoundation.com) and other media hype things that let the watcher become more active in finding out new information. (kinda like ilovebees.com for Halo 2)

im so desprate to figure out the 4 toed statue tho, as soon as sayid said "i dont know what is more disconcerning, the fact that the rest is gone, or that it has 4 toes" literally made chills go down my spine.
Posted By: Wien_Sean Re: LOST - 05/25/06 04:25 PM
It's http://www.thehansofoundation.org/
Posted By: Tourige Re: LOST - 05/25/06 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Wien_Sean:
It's http://www.thehansofoundation.org/

my bad, still cool tho.
Posted By: Stazi Re: LOST - 05/25/06 05:22 PM
Oh - one thing that was BS: How does and ALUMINUM FRYING PAN getting magnetically pulled towards the source of magnetism? The same can be asked about brass-tipped darts - that was either a huge technical fubar by the writers OR it's another clue that this is not real.
Posted By: Tourgasm Re: LOST - 05/25/06 05:27 PM
The tips were brass but the torso(?) isn't. and who said the pan was aluminum? maybe there were screwes or rivits in the pan.

As for the green bird that said hurly's name, Libby was wearing a green shirt when she died. I got that from a lost message board.
Posted By: Bill J. at Team Ford Re: LOST - 05/25/06 05:28 PM

Now it makes me think the same is going to happen to Michael and Walt. Remember he was told to head to a bearing of 320 and he will find help. I wonder if they will end up back on the island the same way Desmond did.

hhhmmm...
Posted By: Stazi Re: LOST - 05/25/06 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Tourgasm:
The tips were brass but the torso(?) isn't. and who said the pan was aluminum? maybe there were screwes or rivits in the pan.

As for the green bird that said hurly's name, Libby was wearing a green shirt when she died. I got that from a lost message board.

The darts were plastic with a brass tip.

And the pan was clearly an aluminum one. And rivets alone would not be large enough to pull the pann and make it stick to the wall.
Posted By: SnafuFlux_dup1 Re: LOST - 05/25/06 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Bill J. at Team Ford:

Now it makes me think the same is going to happen to Michael and Walt. Remember he was told to head to a bearing of 320 and he will find help. I wonder if they will end up back on the island the same way Desmond did.

hhhmmm...

Isn't the electro magnetic field gone? Sorry, I'm not up to date with this stuff But correct me if I'm wrong, it's exploded (not in the terms of fire and hurt). so I would assume that it is no longer an issue.

And what about the hatch door? how did it get blown into the sky? I mean, did the polarity completely reverse? sending all metal away from the source?
Posted By: Tourige Re: LOST - 05/25/06 06:06 PM
Originally posted by SnafuFlux:

hhhmmm...

Isn't the electro magnetic field gone? Sorry, I'm not up to date with this stuff But correct me if I'm wrong, it's exploded (not in the terms of fire and hurt). so I would assume that it is no longer an issue.

And what about the hatch door? how did it get blown into the sky? I mean, did the polarity completely reverse? sending all metal away from the source?

i dont think the electrofield is there anymore, im guessing the key shuts down the station, i mean. They couldent kill off desmond, eko and locke.
Posted By: Bill J. at Team Ford Re: LOST - 05/25/06 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Tourige:
Originally posted by SnafuFlux:

hhhmmm...

i dont think the electrofield is there anymore, im guessing the key shuts down the station, i mean. They couldent kill off desmond, eko and locke.

Or is it?
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: LOST - 05/25/06 07:18 PM
don't forget the new website in last night's Hanso TV ad.

www.hansocareers.com

hahaha....powered by Monster no less. The job descriptions are pretty interesting.

And Michael was told bearing 325, not 320, but I haven't found anything on the websites that this direction could apply to.
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: LOST - 05/25/06 07:49 PM
Here's a couple I caught last night:

1. The last time the numbers weren't entered, the magnet sucked a plane down from thousands of feet in the sky. Why weren't metal pieces from the all over the island flying towards the hatch?

2. Desmond knew the ramifications from not pushing the button. Why did he believe Locke's theory that the button pushing was just an experiment? And then go along with Locke's plan to not push the button? Did he forget?
Posted By: Stazi Re: LOST - 05/25/06 08:03 PM
Originally posted by GT-Slow Pete:

1. The last time the numbers weren't entered, the magnet sucked a plane down from thousands of feet in the sky. Why weren't metal pieces from the all over the island flying towards the hatch?

What I want to know is since when are airliners made out of steal? Last time I checked they are 99% Aluminum WHICH isn't magnetic

2. Desmond knew the ramifications from not pushing the button. Why did he believe Locke's theory that the button pushing was just an experiment? And then go along with Locke's plan to not push the button? Did he forget?

He didn't realise it till he read the log and realised that the crash occured when he DIDN'T push the button.
Posted By: Stevers Re: LOST - 05/25/06 08:11 PM

What I want to know is since when are airliners made out of steal? Last time I checked they are 99% Aluminum WHICH isn't magnetic

I imagine the magnetic eruption caused the plane's instruments to go nuts, which lead to it's demise. Still not quite sure how would cause it to come apart in the sky.
Posted By: csc99svt Re: LOST - 05/25/06 08:24 PM
not my original theory, but definitely the one i have jumped on board with now....

the island serves as the gates to the lost city of atlantis....i.e. weird animals/4-toed monstrous statues....the gate opens every 108 minutes so pushing the button keeps the gate closed....by des using his key the sealed the gate "permanantly" with echo, locke, and des crossing over....the others know of the gate and are the "good guys" by keeping it a secret and keeping it safe...
Posted By: Tourige Re: LOST - 05/25/06 09:01 PM
Originally posted by csc99svt:
not my original theory, but definitely the one i have jumped on board with now....

the island serves as the gates to the lost city of atlantis....i.e. weird animals/4-toed monstrous statues....the gate opens every 108 minutes so pushing the button keeps the gate closed....by des using his key the sealed the gate "permanantly" with echo, locke, and des crossing over....the others know of the gate and are the "good guys" by keeping it a secret and keeping it safe...

then why do they want Kate Jack and Sawyer?
Posted By: hotdimmes Re: LOST - 05/25/06 09:03 PM
why indeed!
Posted By: loggerbomb Re: LOST - 05/25/06 10:26 PM
or mayyybe its the gateway to sir arthur conan doyles LOST WORLD!

i dont get to see the show regularily enough, so i myself, am "LOST"!?!?!
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: LOST - 05/25/06 10:36 PM
Originally posted by loggerbomb:
or mayyybe its the gateway to sir arthur conan doyles LOST WORLD!

i dont get to see the show regularily enough, so i myself, am "LOST"!?!?!

Better yet, the 'Land of the Lost!' Jack as Rick Marshall (Dad), Kate and Sawyer as Holly and Will. Hurley could be Chaka, but they let him go.

Heeheeheehee....I crack myself up!
Posted By: csc99svt Re: LOST - 05/26/06 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Tourige:
Originally posted by csc99svt:

then why do they want Kate Jack and Sawyer?

maybe this is their recruiting tactics for replacing old, dying, or killed "others" maybe they see something in those three and think they can turn to be protectors of the gate....

Posted By: Tourige Re: LOST - 05/26/06 01:54 PM
another question, what do the others want with the children??
Posted By: baco99 Re: LOST - 05/27/06 04:18 AM
OK....This is a rambling attempt at making sense of all this:

If you look into the Hanso Fndn, their mission is all about improving life through the study of animals, electromagnetism, gene engineering, psychology, etc. The web site alludes to a number of projects that have gone wrong and that the company has covered-up to stay in the good graces of the authorities in the areas they operate. THIS island seems to have been the fusion of all of those experiments. At some point, something on the island went wrong (maybe the electromagnet started it, but we don't know for sure) and the Hanso Fndn bailed, leaving the surviors to fend for themselves.

The people that Hanso Fndn placed on the island initially (Others) were probably a mix of scientists and subjects from all backgrounds. When the "bad thing" happened, they must have all thought it was part of Hanso Fndn's plan and played along, living life as normal and creating a new cutlure/new set of rules day-by-day. Eventually they must have realized that help was not on the way....

Why did the plane crash on the island? Could be a number of things. Perhaps Hanso Fndn had been following the lives of those passengers and planned the crash so that they would fall on the island...To see how the "Others" would deal with these new inhabitants; each with their own personal drama.

Maybe the electromagnetic pulse (as seen on the computer readout at the end of the last show) was enough to rupture something within the plane or throw off its computer enough to cause it to crash? (The tail section seemed to sheer off during the descent, but did not seem to be the cause of the descent.) Maybe a plane didn't crashed the second time the EM pulse went off because...there was no plane close enough to the island at the time!

The final episode uncovers some secrets, but starts some new ones... We know the "others" are more advanced than they seem. Why the fake hatch and fake huts? And Walt told Michael they were "pretending."

We also know this, there are 8 hatches on the island, we've only really been in 2: The Swan & The Pearl. We also know the cave that the tail section people were staying in (Eko, Anna Lucia, etc..) was the entrance to the zoology hatch...Where all the weird animals come from.

But what was beyond the hatch that housed the baby room and medicine? What did it connect to?

I think next season we'll open up a number of new hatches and find out more assets on the island. It seems to me the Others still haven't found what they think they need to signal Hanso that they want to come home. Maybe they want Jack, Sawyer, and Kate to do their dirty work for them....

I also think the web site will lead us to the discovery of "the incident" that really occurred on the island by giving us more Hanso background.
© CEG Archives