Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: APT_dup1 SVT Fusion - 05/19/06 01:55 PM
http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/05/19/ford-considering-svt-fusion-edge/#comments]Rumor @ LLN
Posted By: APT_dup1 Re: SVT Fusion - 05/19/06 04:47 PM
FARK!

LLN Link
Posted By: csc99svt Re: SVT Fusion - 05/19/06 07:10 PM
insert: this thread is worthless without pics, picture :here

Posted By: Harrry Re: SVT Fusion - 05/19/06 08:11 PM
Originally posted by csc99svt:
insert: this thread is worthless without pics, picture :here

If you read the article, they will be talking about building one in 1-2 years. They just threw out the idea.

How would they have a picture of it already??
Posted By: icysvt Re: SVT Fusion - 05/19/06 08:11 PM
that would be awesome id try to get one
Posted By: Beowulf Re: SVT Fusion - 05/19/06 10:06 PM
Needs a working link.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/05/19/ford-considering-svt-fusion-edge/#comments
Posted By: Bill J. at Team Ford Re: SVT Fusion - 05/19/06 11:17 PM
FWIW:

The Lincoln website was showing 3 powertrains for the new Lincoln MKS. What got me is that the most potent engine was a 3.5 V-6.

3.0L V-6, standard, 221hp
3.5L V-6, option, 265hp
4.4l V-8, option, 310hp
3.5L TT V-6, option, 350hp

So who's to say that the SVT Fusion could not possibly use the Twin Turbo 3.5L if it came out. That would be one KICK ASS car. 350hp, AWD, 6spd. This would put the STi, and EVO to shame.
Posted By: Bill J. at Team Ford Re: SVT Fusion - 05/19/06 11:17 PM
FWIW:

The Lincoln website was showing 3 powertrains for the new Lincoln MKS. What got me is that the most potent engine was a 3.5 V-6.

3.0L V-6, standard, 221hp
3.5L V-6, option, 265hp
4.4l V-8, option, 310hp
3.5L TT V-6, option, 350hp

So who's to say that the SVT Fusion could not possiblt use the Twin Turbo 3.5L if it came out. That would be one KICK ASS car. 350hp, AWD, 6spd. This would put the STi, and EVO to shame.
Posted By: Harrry Re: SVT Fusion - 05/20/06 01:24 AM
I beleive a upgraded 3.5.

I hope they do a 4cly TT AWD setup. Or single turbo.

Posted By: Tourige Re: SVT Fusion - 05/20/06 01:30 AM
Originally posted by Rickson:

4cyl... dont count on it, go look at the Speed6 if you want that.

Personally im thinking it gonna be a 3.5 V6 Forged bottom end and Eaton or Whipple supercharger on top, my god that would rule all.
Posted By: ev1lbry4n Re: SVT Fusion - 05/20/06 11:39 PM
Originally posted by Tourige:

Personally im thinking it gonna be a 3.5 V6 Forged bottom end and Eaton or Whipple supercharger on top, my god that would rule all.

i think it will be the same drivetrain as the speed6 just because it will cost them nada for developing. All car companys are just getting lazy nowerdays and it wouldn't supprise me it the svt is just a ford speed6
Posted By: Bill J. at Team Ford Re: SVT Fusion - 05/21/06 05:09 AM
Originally posted by ev1lbry4n:

i think it will be the same drivetrain as the speed6 just because it will cost them nada for developing. All car companys are just getting lazy nowerdays and it wouldn't supprise me it the svt is just a ford speed6

If that was true, then why does the Fusion not come with a manual on the V-6 model, where the Mazda6 does?

The Fusion would sell a whole lot more and would grab better press if it came with a stick. Matter of fact, I would get either a Milan or Fusion right now if it came with a stick.
How many CEG'rs would have given the Fusion/Milan/Zephyr a second look if that option was there?
Posted By: Hydramatic Re: SVT Fusion - 05/21/06 05:49 AM
You can get a stick, just not with the fun engine...RIGHT?
Posted By: Tourige Re: SVT Fusion - 05/21/06 05:52 AM

seeings as how production will stop soon enough (within 6 months) and the car will be terribly outdated in 3-4 years it wont be using that platform at all. Plus, SVT isnt known for pulling an "AMG" and just cheaping out and throwing the same drivetrain in everything.
Posted By: Hydramatic Re: SVT Fusion - 05/21/06 05:55 AM

seeings as how production will stop soon enough (within 6 months) and the car will be terribly outdated in 3-4 years it wont be using that platform at all. Plus, SVT isnt known for pulling an "AMG" and just cheaping out and throwing the same drivetrain in everything.

*cough* Lightning *cough*
Posted By: Tourige Re: SVT Fusion - 05/21/06 05:57 AM
Originally posted by Hydramatic:

*cough* Lightning *cough*

The Lightning and the GT 500?
Posted By: Hydramatic Re: SVT Fusion - 05/21/06 04:33 PM
No, the Lightning and the Cobra R. 351 owns you.
© CEG Archives