Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: parkedcar OOPS! - 05/17/06 05:48 PM
So i'mm sitting here at work, and i'm hearing people all over, and all kinds of comotion.
I look out side, and something was a bit out of place...

Personally i thought the falls looked better with my car, but this is far more entertaining.

anyway, they are attempting to take it out right now with another backhoe.
I will be taking pics and posting later.
Damn my town is so boring...
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: OOPS! - 05/17/06 05:53 PM
That's going around the internet in about a week. LOL! Good post.
Posted By: Frosty Re: OOPS! - 05/17/06 05:55 PM
Wow, musta took some skill to get in that far!
Posted By: ellmers95 Re: OOPS! - 05/17/06 05:56 PM
Thats funny!!! How did he do that??? I am in a engineer firm and go to sites all the time and seen them stuck in mud but DANG!!!! He must hnve gotten to close and slid in or tried crossing it for some odd reason.
Posted By: parkedcar Re: OOPS! - 05/17/06 06:02 PM
They were trying to repair the damn from the flood 2 years ago. I guess he was trying to pull some of the large blocks that had gone in. And just went a little too far.
Right now the other backhoe is digging out around it. But i am sure the thing sucked in water when it went in.
I dont know how they plan on getiign it out.
Posted By: Pimpalicious316 Re: OOPS! - 05/17/06 06:08 PM
Originally posted by parkedcar:
I dont know how they plan on getiign it out.

~Andrew
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: OOPS! - 05/17/06 08:52 PM
Hopefully it won't end up like the crane that tried to get the other crane out and ended up in the drink with it.
Posted By: parkedcar Re: OOPS! - 05/17/06 09:14 PM
I was hoping it was going to end like the crane, but sadly, it ended anticlimatically.
They got it running, then pulled it out with another excavator. It was a bit hairy for a little bit, but then they got it out.
Oh well. At least no one was hurt.
Posted By: SoundQ SVT_dup1 Re: OOPS! - 05/17/06 11:58 PM
I'm sure that wouldn't have happened if they used a quality Caterpillar excavator. I mean after all, if they aren't smart enough to use the best equipment, then how smart do you think they are?

I'm going to have to share this with the people I know that work at the facilities where we build excavators.
They'll love it!
Posted By: snakous Re: OOPS! - 05/18/06 12:50 AM
Originally posted by ellmers95:
He must hnve gotten to close and slid in or tried crossing it for some odd reason.

Ya think? I'm sure he didn't try crossing it. No heavy equipment operator is that moronic...I hope.
Posted By: ellmers95 Re: OOPS! - 05/18/06 01:15 AM
Ahhh Yes I will reassure that some are. I see the construction field often and I have seen some really stupid moves I have seen and back hoe get stuck in thick mud up to the cab and it was due to the operator not paying attention to how close he was to the swamp. Also many dump truck operators knocking down lines because they dont pay attention to where they unload or knock the remaining soils out of the truck.
Posted By: parkedcar Re: OOPS! - 05/18/06 03:25 AM
Originally posted by snakous:
Originally posted by ellmers95:
He must hnve gotten to close and slid in or tried crossing it for some odd reason.

Ya think? I'm sure he didn't try crossing it. No heavy equipment operator is that moronic...I hope.

Actually thats exactly what he was trying to do.
He drove it down into the water, where it was 1-2' deep, and attempted to drive across so he could reach to other corner, and i guess he didnt realize it drops almost straight down. I assumer a few rocks just gave way under the left side.
Posted By: parkedcar Re: OOPS! - 05/18/06 03:38 AM
well i might as well post the rescue too.
Nothing exciting.

Posted By: NO 4 EVR Re: OOPS! - 05/18/06 06:01 AM
So if the hyundia fell in too, what would they use to get that out? a toyota? then a honda? a ford next? I think it would take a couple dozen backhoes in the stream before they bring out the big catapillar guns
Posted By: NO 4 EVR Re: OOPS! - 05/18/06 06:02 AM
But at least the car in the one pic looks good. What kind is it btw?..
Posted By: rouar Re: OOPS! - 05/18/06 07:03 AM
Originally posted by NO 4 EVR:
But at least the car in the one pic looks good. What kind is it btw?..

SVT Contour?

Or am I misinterpreting this question?
Posted By: loggerbomb Re: OOPS! - 05/18/06 11:12 AM
got to ask what kind of camera you took those pics with, pretty sharp - good quality pics!
Posted By: getsum111 Re: OOPS! - 05/18/06 11:29 AM
No, I think he was watching Eval Knieval (?) and tried to jump the fallls.
Posted By: ZoomZoom Diva Re: OOPS! - 05/18/06 11:33 AM
Why do I have Britney Spears running through my mind as I read this?
Posted By: BloodyTomFlint Re: OOPS! - 05/18/06 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Zoom Zoom Diva:

I dunno. ARRRGH!!
Posted By: stocksvtcontour Re: OOPS! - 05/18/06 11:44 AM
Originally posted by BloodyTomFlint:
Originally posted by Zoom Zoom Diva:

I dunno. ARRRGH!!

Must have been something associated with dumb actions, and she was on the news yesterday for doing something dumb.
Posted By: parkedcar Re: OOPS! - 05/18/06 02:52 PM
Originally posted by loggerbomb:
got to ask what kind of camera you took those pics with, pretty sharp - good quality pics!

Kodak LS443

© CEG Archives