Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: 111R Norton turns 1 - 04/24/06 03:31 AM
just put him on a scale he is just about 16 lbs. his goal weight is 35 so i hope he has a growth spurt soon.

Norton at about 8 weeks (second day we got him i think):

Norton at about 11 weeks or so:

Norton now:

-a
Posted By: red99sesport Re: Norton turns 1 - 04/24/06 03:35 AM
What kind of cat is Norton? That cat is the most beautiful I've ever seen next to the Flame-Pointe Siamese named Sylvester that we had until I was 9. I would love to have a cat like Norton.
Posted By: 111R Re: Norton turns 1 - 04/24/06 03:39 AM
Norton is a f2 savannah cat.

more pix :P

Posted By: Blacksvtownsyou Re: Norton turns 1 - 04/24/06 03:40 AM
that is one hairy [censored]!

gotta love the colors!
Posted By: red99sesport Re: Norton turns 1 - 04/24/06 03:53 AM
I miss not having a cat. We had one the entire time I was growing up. My favorite was the flame (red) pointe siamese sylvester. He was the sweetest cat I've ever seen. He was really well behaved. He was beautiful (like a regualr siamese, but with orange instead of dark brown and white instead of tan) I would really like to have a cat like Norton, Norton is beautiful.
Posted By: rouar Re: Norton turns 1 - 04/24/06 03:59 AM
Funny .. one of my neighbors has a German Shepherd named Norton. That looks like a cool cat .. though cats don't often like me.
Posted By: 111R Re: Norton turns 1 - 04/24/06 04:00 AM
thanks alot man. norton is a very very strange cat. i have also had cats all my life aswell as dogs, but norton is more like a dog if anything but still very strange. he gets walked everyday. he can follow a few commands and is very well behavied. he is also very vocal but not in a bad way. he eats when he is not playing, sometimes over 12oz's of food daily. he always has a massive ammount of energy and loves to play. he loves people aswell as other animals. unlike any other cat i have seen Norton is not shy and loves to be intruduced to pets and people.

i am very glad we have Norton he is a special kitty.

=a
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Norton turns 1 - 04/24/06 06:12 AM
Originally posted by Rouar:
That looks like a cool cat .. though cats don't often like me.

Cats love me. Stupid cats. I hate cats.
Posted By: ElKy Re: Norton turns 1 - 04/24/06 11:28 AM
nice looking kittah.

i am wicked allergic to cats and they seem to know it because they flock to me whenever i go over someones house that has one.

fuggers.
Posted By: BloodyTomFlint Re: Norton turns 1 - 04/24/06 11:46 AM
I just checket out prices of these cats from exoticcats.com. Those things are freakin' expensive! F2's start at $2500!! Priciest quart of kung pao kitty ever! YARRR!!
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: Norton turns 1 - 04/24/06 12:49 PM
cuuuuuuuute!

Those cats are definitely gorgeous.

I wish my kitty would start putting on the pounds.
He hasn't been eating much lately. We think he's depressed.
Posted By: Pimpalicious316 Re: Norton turns 1 - 04/24/06 12:50 PM
that is a fantastic cat!!!

<3 kittys

~Andrew
Posted By: SoundQ SVT_dup1 Re: Norton turns 1 - 04/24/06 02:44 PM
Originally posted by 111R:
just put him on a scale he is just about 16 lbs. his goal weight is 35 so i hope he has a growth spurt soon.
-a

Definitely a beautiful looking cat, but 35 lbs? Good lord that is like the same size as a 4 year old kid!

My cat is 6 years old and weighs 12.9 lbs (went to the vet for annual checkup in February). The vet said he shouldn't get much bigger or else we'll have to put him on a diet. My cat is long and lean, doesn't look fat at all.

Oh, and $2,500 for a cat? I love cats, but that is a bit much. I got mine from the local no-kill shelter for $75.
Posted By: starjammir Re: Norton turns 1 - 04/24/06 02:48 PM
Gotta love kitty cats. I had 4 but two we had to put to sleep But now we have 2 more. My mom paid 500 for one and 750 for the other one. She really loves her cats. But the cats really love the bird. I hate that damn bird!!
Posted By: BloodyTomFlint Re: Norton turns 1 - 04/24/06 03:42 PM
Did you get him from a local breeder? Most of the sites I just checked (gotta love internet at work) put F2 males at around 25lbs. I must not be looking in the right places. Can you point me to a good web site with info on these guys? I don't normally like cats but these guys are too cool. ARRRGH!!
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: Norton turns 1 - 04/24/06 03:47 PM
Originally posted by SoundQ SVT:
-a

Definitely a beautiful looking cat, but 35 lbs? Good lord that is like the same size as a 4 year old kid!

My cat is 6 years old and weighs 12.9 lbs (went to the vet for annual checkup in February). The vet said he shouldn't get much bigger or else we'll have to put him on a diet. My cat is long and lean, doesn't look fat at all.

Oh, and $2,500 for a cat? I love cats, but that is a bit much. I got mine from the local no-kill shelter for $75.

I agree 35 is a bit high for a Savannah. They say they can go to 38 but that is uncommon.

You have to keep in mind though that these cats get huge. Not fat huge, but tall and long huge. For a wild and domestic cat mix, that seems right.

I'll definitely be looking into getting one down the road. Beautiful animals!
Posted By: Kasey923 Re: Norton turns 1 - 04/24/06 04:40 PM
Beautiful cat...
That's gotta be the best looking I've ever seen, and I adore my calico
Posted By: xdouble_dup1 Re: Norton turns 1 - 04/24/06 05:22 PM
Haha, he is getting big! I can't believe he is still supposed to double his size. I showed the pictures you first posted about a year ago to my wife. She said, "Awwwww, he's so cute." ..... "Can we get one?" Seeing as how there is a 30lb limit on dogs here, I don't think we could get away with a 30lb+ cat. He sure is cool looking though.
Posted By: Judge_dup1 Re: Norton turns 1 - 04/24/06 05:26 PM
Originally posted by xdouble:
Haha, he is getting big! I can't believe he is still supposed to double his size. I showed the pictures you first posted about a year ago to my wife. She said, "Awwwww, he's so cute." ..... "Can we get one?" Seeing as how there is a 30lb limit on dogs here, I don't think we could get away with a 30lb+ cat. He sure is cool looking though.

I doubt they would question a cat.....people are usually not afraid of large cats....
Posted By: SoundQ SVT_dup1 Re: Norton turns 1 - 04/24/06 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Judge:
Originally posted by xdouble:

I doubt they would question a cat.....people are usually not afraid of large cats....

I'm sure that depends on how large the cat is, and whether the "meow" could be construed as a "roar".
Posted By: DanMyers Re: Norton turns 1 - 04/24/06 10:49 PM
Haha, my cat was just weighed at 19.5lbs and he's really really fat! Best cat ever though, loves attention, he just can't get enough of it. Sometimes it's kinda creepy.
Posted By: GilNewball Re: Norton turns 1 - 04/24/06 11:00 PM
My grandparents have a Siamese cat. When I slept in their house when visiting on vacation a few years before the big move, the cat would jump on me while I slept and kept pushing at my nose for some reason.

Cute cat! I like that tiger-like look. Very cool.

I, however, have two dogs. One pure-bred Chihuahua (Brandy), and one BIG dog, mix between German Shepherd and Rottweiler. The big dog, Duke, has an interesting look. He's slimmer than a Rottie, but has the same general shape. His colors are almost like that of a German Shepherd. A perfect mix.
Posted By: 111R Re: Norton turns 1 - 04/25/06 12:52 AM
thank you all so much! Norton appriciates all the kind words! Norton is a f2, yes, but he has a different blood line then most savannah cats for SHOW. Norton is a unusual savannah not only because of the marble coat but also because he is abnormally large. at 7-8 weeks the vet locally near the breeder said he was expected to get to 35 lbs or larger.

we got our cat from Select Exotics. Holly Hummel was so awesome to deal with. apparently she has the FINEST savannah cats in the country. i also think, dont quote me, but one of her cats apparently was featured on good morning america and possibly other tv spots.

savannah cats are still the largest hybrid cats available legally in most, not all, states. they are very sweet animals and we will soon get a f1 once we have more space. they require ALOT of attention and need proper living standards due to them being partially wild. if you really want one please research them vigerously.

-a
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: Norton turns 1 - 04/25/06 04:45 AM
we got our cat from Select Exotics. Holly Hummel was so awesome to deal with. apparently she has the FINEST savannah cats in the country. i also think, dont quote me, but one of her cats apparently was featured on good morning america and possibly other tv spots.

Yeah, I googled "f2 savannah" as soon as you stated his breed. As Select Exotics was the first hit I went there. Thanks a lot for giving me something else to blow my afternoon on besides work! I think I browsed that site front to back. If I didn't already have 5 cats, and I had a spare 2-10 grand, I'd be all over one of them! I was partial to both the f2 Savannahs and the Habaris. Gorgeous animals. I especially like the size they get, and the descriptions of their behaviors is really appealing to me. I dig that they'll play fetch. I've got a calico that does the same thing and it's a hoot!

Edit: BTW, Norton is a stunning looking feline!
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: Norton turns 1 - 04/25/06 05:27 AM
I have a question for you though. Why the stipulation that (apparently) all males be sterilized? I looked all over the website and could find no mention of a reason for this. Is it to keep a monopoly on the breeding? It's just something that piqued my curiosity.
Posted By: sigma Re: Norton turns 1 - 04/25/06 01:11 PM
Originally posted by IRingTwyce:
I have a question for you though. Why the stipulation that (apparently) all males be sterilized? I looked all over the website and could find no mention of a reason for this. Is it to keep a monopoly on the breeding? It's just something that piqued my curiosity.

It's not that they be sterilized. It's that the males are born sterile for the first 3-5 generations.
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: Norton turns 1 - 04/25/06 02:00 PM
Originally posted by sigma:

It's not that they be sterilized. It's that the males are born sterile for the first 3-5 generations.

That may be the case with one of the breeds (maybe the Habari?), but there are many testimonials on the site that mention having their males fixed.
Posted By: 111R Re: Norton turns 1 - 04/25/06 09:00 PM
Originally posted by sigma:

That may be the case with one of the breeds (maybe the Habari?), but there are many testimonials on the site that mention having their males fixed.

being sterile has nothing to do with the cats being "fixed". i thought all the males were sterile anywho. savannah male cats will SPRAY if not fixed by 6 months or so. even if you get them fixed after 6 months or after they start to spray they will never stop.

-a
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: Norton turns 1 - 04/25/06 09:06 PM
OK...well that makes sense to me. I've never had a male cat that was sterile, but I guess it makes sense they'd still spray.

Thanks to you I now have a new obsession. 5 cats or not, one day I WILL own one of these cats! (the description of the f2s is dead on the cat personality I like.)
Posted By: EuroTour Re: Norton turns 1 - 04/25/06 09:11 PM
Just wondering, does he use a litter box?
Posted By: 111R Re: Norton turns 1 - 04/25/06 10:57 PM
Originally posted by YaaaarrroTour:
Just wondering, does he use a litter box?

norton is litter box trained. i have read about some f1's being toilet trained (yes i said toilet trained) and some even use one of those toddler-trianning toilet jobs.

-a
© CEG Archives