Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: CSVT1214 Got wireless?? - 04/18/06 03:14 AM

Got a whole bunch of these today for free. Can't tell ya where or I'd have to kill you.
Posted By: rouar Re: Got wireless?? - 04/18/06 03:17 AM

Can I have one? Or two?

Posted By: Guitarman19853 Re: Got wireless?? - 04/18/06 03:17 AM

share the wealth!
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Got wireless?? - 04/18/06 03:18 AM
Originally posted by Rouar:

Can I have one? Or two?

HOLLY MOLLY!!

shoot one up this way
Posted By: GreaseyMonkey Re: Got wireless?? - 04/18/06 03:36 AM
drive behind trucks that drop stuff much?
Posted By: rouar Re: Got wireless?? - 04/18/06 04:25 AM
Originally posted by GreaseyMonkey:
drive behind trucks that drop stuff much?

They look old. A bunch of them are the white first-gens (probably even with the built-in dialup modem, like my friend's), plus the sharpie suggests they were obtained from a workplace.

Doesn't make them any less beautiful
Posted By: Hightower GT Re: Got wireless?? - 04/18/06 02:39 PM
There are many projects out there that could benefit from your surplus wireless AP/Routers. Most of them involve giving away wireless internet for free. If you're not going to use all of them, let me know.

The internet should be free, and you can help.
Posted By: Stevers Re: Got wireless?? - 04/19/06 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Capt. PlankBeard:
There are many projects out there that could benefit from your surplus wireless AP/Routers. Most of them involve giving away wireless internet for free. If you're not going to use all of them, let me know.

And why exactly is that?
Posted By: Hightower GT Re: Got wireless?? - 04/19/06 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Chuck Norris:
Originally posted by Capt. PlankBeard:

And why exactly is that?

That is what it was made to be. Don't you listen to Al Gore?
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: Got wireless?? - 04/19/06 03:19 PM
Ill take one if you dont mind

My other xbox's in the house will thank you
Posted By: SpoonDogSVT Re: Got wireless?? - 04/19/06 03:20 PM
The sharpie writing looks like they came from a school or school district... yes?
Posted By: GS474 Re: Got wireless?? - 04/19/06 07:12 PM
Originally posted by SpoonDogSVT:
The sharpie writing looks like they came from a school or school district... yes?

most probly a school of some sort

or from an ebay like site

but my question is do the work with pc 's i herd alot of stuf were mac air ports will only work with mac or is it the mac laptop wirless cards only work with airport
but any way

the answer to your question is yes i got wireless wrt54g with ddwrt firmware works great
Posted By: Hightower GT Re: Got wireless?? - 04/19/06 07:15 PM
Originally posted by GS474:

most probly a school of some sort

or from an ebay like site

but my question is do the work with pc 's i herd alot of stuf were mac air ports will only work with mac or is it the mac laptop wirless cards only work with airport
but any way

the answer to your question is yes i got wireless wrt54g with ddwrt firmware works great

Holy crap, dude.
Posted By: rouar Re: Got wireless?? - 04/19/06 07:37 PM
Originally posted by GS474:
but any way

If I'm reading your question right (correct me if I'm wrong?!!)

1. Does the AirPort router/AP work with PCs?
2. Do Apple laptop wireless cards (iBook and PowerBook Airports) work with 802.11b/g routers/APs?

Answer to both questions is yes ... earlier AirPorts were simply pretty boxes that transmit/receive 802.11b .. AirPort Extremes are simply pretty boxes that transmit/receive 802.11g. The same is true of the laptop wireless cards (Airport and Airport Extreme). Using my PowerBook, I very regularly connect to WEP-encrypted Netgear, Linksys, Microsoft and Apple Airport routers with ease, as well as whatever WPA-encrypted access points my campus uses.
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: Got wireless?? - 04/19/06 08:24 PM
Originally posted by SpoonDogSVT:

© CEG Archives